Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Poop Happens! Dwight openly questions Gundy's decisions(Denton)

Just because you don't agree with me Jareth, makes me a fool? Is everybody you disagree with, a fool? Are you the most intelligent person on this planet? The answer is no to all the above. But you already knew that, right?

Dwight has been in the league long enough to know how the game should be played. His youth and immaturity is not an excuse anymore. He is "I dare say it", smarter than you and knows this coach a heck of a lot more than you"

He is the best big man in the league and gets 10 shots a game. Who's fault is that? Hedo can shoot some of the lamest shots known to god and still gets the ball at crunch time. His decision making is horrible but the coach keeps calling his number.

I would fire Stan just for his belief that offensive rebounds are not an important part of the game and they are overrated. 9 times out of ten Dwight is the only Magic player left on that end of the court trying to get the offensive rebound against usually 4 or five defenders. While the rest of the team is running down the other end guarding nobody. This is the coach's philosophy and it sucks. You keep saying that his team wins alot of games. This is true. But he also has 3 all stars and one is the best big man in the game. Also a very good rookie and other great shooters. I think a well trained monkey could win alot of games with the talent he has.

This was wrong! It's wrong for Dwight to do this to the media. He should have done it behind closed doors. Dwight was pitiful last night. He made no adjustments. When his hook shots were not falling, he kept doing it. He stood around in the last 6 minutes and made no effort to go for rebounds unless they fell in his reach.

I think it's wrong for him to throw the team under the bus when they're the same ones who carried his butt and got him where he is when he was suspended. Bad choice, bad bad choice.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

I say let Dwight be "dominant", give him 40-50 touches in game 6 and lets see how he does.

I actually said this to a friend today. SVG should be like, "You want the ball? Here's the ball!!" Then just KEEP giving him the ball every freaking time down the floor. I don't care if he turns it over 10 times and misses 8 straight free throws. Shove the ball down Dwight's throat until he gets sick of it and begs SVG to put Gortat in or to set some screens for a while.

That'll quit his **** whining.

Besides, Dwight could always have a dream game and score 55, you never know.

I can not believe we are having trouble with the celtics without garnett. I really thought this magic team was better than this. The Cavs are looking like a lock for the finals

quote:
Originally posted by iddelen:

It would be quite fun actually, if we didn't have a must-win game ahead.

Sad but true...

At the end of the day, Dwight could have expressed some interesting opinions, but he has done that:

- at the wrong time.

- in the wrong place.

- in a moment that is already too complicated even without having all the media ready to feed a new "Orlando tragedy"

Like I've said after the first round suspension, I think he's a smart guys and hopefully he'll learn from his errors.

Dwight has been playing badly against the Celtics. I really don't care much if he gets 15-20 rebounds a game (No one else in this team is a real rebounder anyways. He gets all the easy rebounds on our court as well as the tougher ones. If you give Gortat the same amount of minutes, he will probably get about 10-15 rebounds a game) The real difference between Gortat and Dwight is the offence. However Dwight has very little offensive game against defensively very good teams. You have to give him the ball in a situation that he can grab it and dunk it. Otherwise he is going to take two steps to the side and go for a hook shot. That's all he has. If there is someone weak guarding him, he will dominate the floor. Anyways, he needs to stop complaining about his coach, when he obviously needs to improve his offensive game. Last game he turned the ball over 4 times. And that's when he didn't get enough touches.

They just had John Denton on ESPNews...here's a summary of what was said.

He thinks the fact that Stan and Dwight said everything was over now in the Sentinel is "spin".

John said Dwight thinks he can help this team...that's why he wants the ball more in the 4th quarter...not necessarily to shoot, but to get touches...John said the Magic offense is designed to go inside-out.

Denton said he tended to believe Dwight's side of the disagreement between he and Stan...Denton wondered aloud of the long-term effects of a Van Gundy coached team and when the players might soon start tuning Stan out...he said Stan has openly admitted that some of his coaching techniques is not good for this team.

Denton also warned...Stan is not afraid to call players out and the last time Stan and Dwight had a rift Howard came back with a 24 point, 23 rebound game...he said Dwight was talking about tonight trying to dominate game 6 defensively...Denton said look for Dwight to get a lot of blocks.

Finally, Denton said the series is going back to Boston for a Game 7...

his prediction...