Sign in to follow this  
SmackDaddy

Where are all the B Hill supporters now?

To defend Junkie, he has never said he a Brian Hill fan or supporter. What he has been arguring against is those who go overboard with the talk about wanting the team to lose so Brian will be fired.

I can't fault him on that one especially when the team keeps telling the media that Brian will be back regardless of this years outcome. Personally, I keep hearing conflicting stories about Brian's future but as Rafael said their will be plenty of time for that after the season.

I have no problem calling Brian out on his rotations or lack of adjustments (and history of it). But we (myself included) sometimes go overboard on our attacks making it very personal.

I think he just wants us to focus on supporting the team now, the off season will come soon enough.

quote:
There will be plenty of time next season to throw Brian Hill under the bus.

There was plenty of time this season to do it as well so I say take this bus right now and let the tires go screeching. If I were Otis I would fire him now and let the assistant coach the next game. At least we would lose a different way rather than doing the same thing every night and expecting it to suddenly magically work.

quote:
originally posted by BallJunkie:

Not looking to start an argument Smack? The very nature of the title would suggest different.

Brian will be back next year. I don't dwell on things I can do nothing about.

Two of the 5 threads you gave examples of were started by me. The other 3 were blogs. I changed the title of one(Hey, Coach Hill bashers) since Hill gets bashed for not making changes. He didn't and I have posted more than once how I disappointed I was.

Smack, you of all people should know I post articles and blogs to give the readers here something to talk about. I've been doing it for quite some time.

You said I'm not looking to call you out. But you did Smack. That's okay. I can deal with it. As I said earlier I plan to respond in full when I'm not getting work related pressure.

Oh, and I still stand by my thread about Phil Jackson. Spoke to a person of reputation about this very subject last night. I'll speak more about it later. He said Phil would have gotten 2 more wins!(lol)

Actually, the very nature of the title was referencing the sheer volume of posts that once flooded this board supporting B Hill, for winning Coach of the Month, for leading us to the Atlantic Division lead, for coaching our team to 1st in team defense in the league, etc, etc, etc. Now those posts are far out numbered by fans that wish to see justice served. No more excuses about injuries or youth or the quest for a new arena or any of that crap. We weren't supposed to win the championship this season, but we were supposed to be quite a bit more competitive. If it wasn't for an incredibly weak schedule to open the season and even weaker schedule to close the season, we could very easily find ourselves in the draft lottery.

Am I upset, yes. Am I trying to understand why in the world anyone in their right mind (and I believe you are in your right mind, although teetering lol) would support B Hill.

Also, unless you are Vanderweide incognito, please stop saying that B Hill will be back as a matter of indisputible fact. I've told you I beleive he will be back because we have a very loyal ownership group and irresponsible managerial team, but to say he will definitely be back and the matter is not up for discussion is ludicrous.

I look forward to receiving your reply once you are not torn by work.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

To defend Junkie, he has never said he a Brian Hill fan or supporter. What he has been arguring against is those who go overboard with the talk about wanting the team to lose so Brian will be fired.

I can't fault him on that one especially when the team keeps telling the media that Brian will be back regardless of this years outcome. Personally, I keep hearing conflicting stories about Brian's future but as Rafael said their will be plenty of time for that after the season.

I have no problem calling Brian out on his rotations or lack of adjustments (and history of it). But we (myself included) sometimes go overboard on our attacks making it very personal.

I think he just wants us to focus on supporting the team now, the off season will come soon enough.

Seriously, I wasn't only calling out Junkie, and I know better than a lot of people that Junkie isn't a Brian Hill supporter. I was just using Junkie as an example because he has been so vocal about chastising the Brian Hill haters (who have been lumped in with the B Hill critics that present informed opinions without insults). I also mentioned Junkie because I though it would tie together my post and my joke about rehab (boy, that didn't go over well. tough audience.)

I would like to hear from somebody though that can provide some insight into the thoughts and plan that B Hill has and why it shouldn't be picked apart.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Actually, the very nature of the title was referencing the sheer volume of posts that once flooded this board supporting B Hill, for winning Coach of the Month, for leading us to the Atlantic Division lead, for coaching our team to 1st in team defense in the league, etc, etc, etc. Now those posts are far out numbered by fans that wish to see justice served. No more excuses about injuries or youth or the quest for a new arena or any of that crap. We weren't supposed to win the championship this season, but we were supposed to be quite a bit more competitive. If it wasn't for an incredibly weak schedule to open the season and even weaker schedule to close the season, we could very easily find ourselves in the draft lottery.

Am I upset, yes. Am I trying to understand why in the world anyone in their right mind (and I believe you are in your right mind, although teetering lol) would support B Hill.

Also, unless you are Vanderweide incognito, please stop saying that B Hill will be back as a matter of indisputible fact. I've told you I beleive he will be back because we have a very loyal ownership group and irresponsible managerial team, but to say he will definitely be back and the matter is not up for discussion is ludicrous.

I look forward to receiving your reply once you are not torn by work.

Smack,my man. You can discuss it all you want with your fire Brian buddies. As I said earlier I don't waist time talking about something that at this time is a moot point.

As Rafael said, there's no sense in getting worked up about it. There's time for that later. If you guys want to continue hashing it out help yourself.

Personally, until Otis comes out and says Brian is fired then we all have no choice but to accept it and move on.

As I said, if that's what you guys want to do? Help yourself.

I will have nothing further to say on this thread.

Find someone else to argue with Smack.

quote:
I would like to hear from somebody though that can provide some insight into the thoughts and plan that B Hill has and why it shouldn't be picked apart

I think his plan is to pose as an NBA coach and collect and NBA coach's salary unitl someone realizes he is just an imposter and relieves him of his duties.

And if you ask me, it is difficult to argue the fact that it is a pretty good plan (kind of with I thought of it myself). It has worked so far!

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Smack,my man. You can discuss it all you want with your fire Brian buddies. As I said earlier I don't waist time talking about something that at this time is a moot point.

As Rafael said, there's no sense in getting worked up about it. There's time for that later. If you guys want to continue hashing it out help yourself.

As I said, if that's what you guys want to do? Help yourself.

I will have nothing further to say on this thread.

Find someone else to argue with Smack.

Wow! Rough day huh?

My fire Brian Hill buddies? By that you mean 98% of all Magic fans? Sure, I'll be happy to discuss it with them, but I was looking for an alternative perspective to consider. Since you do not have one, I will obviously not be made the wiser by anything you have to contribute.

Buck up little camper. It's Friday. Your rough day at work is almost over.

As for the statement "we should wait to discuss then when the season is over". Sorry. I am 29 hours premature in with my question.

quote:
Personally, until Otis comes out and says Brian is fired then we all have no choice but to accept it and move on.

You're right, and I should just be happy that my taxes have quadrupled. No need to ask questions about that. I'll just write the check and keep a smile on my face.

I should also be happy that all of my hard earned dollars are being handed over to worthless causes in the form of the accelerated taxes that I am paying. No need to wonder where that money is going or declare that I am not happy with it.

I should also be happy that gas prices are up above $3.00 a gallon. No need to conserve or do my part to help reduce demand and lower prices.

Lord knows, nobody should ever rock the boat. We should all just be content with whatever life deals us. That way we're never disappointed, right?

I could go on for days, but then again, I guess I'm just the kind of guy that likes to challenge unconventional wisdom.

quote:

Seriously, I want somebody to tell me why in the world B Hill should keep his job even one day after the season ends.

If I'm Otis, I cut Hill loose the second the series is over. There will already be a post game press conference scheduled. Why not kill two birds with one stone?

I would like to hear from somebody though that can provide some insight into the thoughts and plan that B Hill has and why it shouldn't be picked apart.

I will answer the call Smack Daddy!!

It's not the bosses fault! He came up with a phenominal game plan for last night, we lulled Detroit into a hypnotic state with our talk of doing nothing different then BAM!! We dropped the whole JJ playing time thing on them, then BAM!! we did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING DIFFERENT!! It worked to perfect for 3 whole mins!

You should see some of the brilliant cutting edge stuff that coach comes up with, check this out!

cross1.gif

Just look at it! When there is no defense on the floor, the PG and the SG cross in front of the Center and the ball dribbles itself over to the SF as if it were moved by some unseen force. Amazing! We would score every time!

Coach told the pencil to write that all down and when we went to call the play this is what was on me...

sudoku.jpg

What is that all about!! It's the pencil's fault! He is the one trying to sabotage the team and coach's career! BURN HIM!!!!!!!

quote:

You're right, and I should just be happy that my taxes have quadrupled. No need to ask questions about that. I'll just write the check and keep a smile on my face.

I should also be happy that all of my hard earned dollars are being handed over to worthless causes in the form of the accelerated taxes that I am paying. No need to wonder where that money is going or declare that I am not happy with it.

I should also be happy that gas prices are up above $3.00 a gallon. No need to conserve or do my part to help reduce demand and lower prices.

Lord knows, nobody should ever rock the boat. We should all just be content with whatever life deals us. That way we're never disappointed, right?

I could go on for days, but then again, I guess I'm just the kind of guy that likes to challenge unconventional wisdom.

I feel your pain Smack. These things used to bother me too.

Then I meet this fine sista in the Cayman Islands and had a child with here. Now, I'm an official resident of the Cayman Islands. The corporation still gets taxed on my development projects & real estate deals, but my trading company is offshore, & all my personal income is untouchable. I know you have a wife, but trust me when I tell you this was a win-win situation.

You wanna feel better about gas prices? Buy Unleaded gas in Feb, sell in late June. Buy Heating Oil in July, sell in early Feb. Trust me, you'll smile every time you fill your truck up with $3 a gallon gas.

quote:

thats pretty freakin warped. comparing real life stuff with a dam game. theres a post out about who is the biggest brian hill hater. it should be named who is the warpest one on this message board. some of you can take the cake.