Sign in to follow this  
SmackDaddy

Where are all the B Hill supporters now?

This thread is a direct response to Junkie's thread a week or two ago when the B Hill critics were called out because...wait are you ready for this, we won two games in a row and clinched the 8th seed in the playoffs.

So, now it's our turn. The B Hill critics get to call out the supporters (if there are any left) and ask for an explantion.

What was it you guys saw a week or two ago in Brian Hill that led you to support him? Anything at all, or was it all just positive way of thinking fluff? Do you still have any of those same thoughts now that we have been embarrased by the Pistons. Do you still think B Hill should get a break? Do you think that the majority of fans, analysts and other NBA players and execs past and present are all wrong about B Hill?

Where Brian Hill is concerned, is there anything positive to report? If so, I want to hear what you have to say so that I can break you down like a "Junkie" going through rehab.

This thread is a direct response to Junkie's thread a week or two ago when the B Hill critics were called out because...wait are you ready for this, we won two games in a row and clinched the 8th seed in the playoffs.

So, now it's our turn. The B Hill critics get to call out the supporters (if there are any left) and ask for an explantion.

What was it you guys saw a week or two ago in Brian Hill that led you to support him? Anything at all, or was it all just positive way of thinking fluff? Do you still have any of those same thoughts now that we have been embarrased by the Pistons. Do you still think B Hill should get a break? Do you think that the majority of fans, analysts and other NBA players and execs past and present are all wrong about B Hill?

Where Brian Hill is concerned, is there anything positive to report? If so, I want to hear what you have to say so that I can break you down like a "Junkie" going through rehab.

Seriously, I want somebody to tell me why in the world B Hill should keep his job even one day after the season ends.

If I'm Otis, I cut Hill loose the second the series is over. There will already be a post game press conference scheduled. Why not kill two birds with one stone?

Smack, I have no idea what thread your talking about since you referenced my name.

My thread was about calling Hill an idiot etcetera.

I have many thoughts which I plan to share when I get time. Work is busy right now.

Calling people out Smack? I have never said I am a Hill supporter. I just don't spend every stinking minute wallowing in misery about it like some people on these boards do.

Please try to get your facts straight before calling someone out.

Or do you need to do some self-esteem boosting since you've been saying since the beginning of the year that Hill basically sucks and now you can gloat about it that I was right.

Bad coach or not, last night's loss bothered me. A lot! I hate when my team losses, especially in a time like the playoffs when it's crucial. Bad coach or not, I love the Magic!

That's what bothers me about some of you. I think your happy we lost.

I think Brian's a good assistant coach, but he's not nearly adaptable enough to be a head coach. For a while there, I was pretty sure he was the best we could do for now, but we need a good coach to a) get us to the first round with a winning record and B) out of the first round.

Sorry Brian: after the Penny-thing I was really rooting for you, but now? I'm thinking maybe that team had something right.

I posted a thread last week, not in support of Brian Hill in particular, but a cry for everyone to support the team as a whole.

I think it's important to show our guys that we are behind them %100 during the playoffs.

There will be plenty of time next season to throw Brian Hill under the bus.

It's great to be back HOME!!!

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Smack, I have no idea what thread your talking about since you referenced my name.

My thread was about calling Hill an idiot etcetera.

I have many thoughts which I plan to share when I get time. Work is busy right now.

Calling people out Smack? I have never said I am a Hill supporter. I just don't spend every stinking minute wallowing in misery about it like some people on these boards do.

Please try to get your facts straight before calling someone out.

Or do you need to do some self-esteem boosting since you've been saying since the beginning of the year that Hill basically sucks and now you can gloat about it that I was right.

Bad coach or not, last night's loss bothered me. A lot! I hate when my team losses, especially in a time like the playoffs when it's crucial. Bad coach or not, I love the Magic!

That's what bothers me about some of you. I think your happy we lost.

FYI, my opening post was meant to be a little more humorous, but I just don't care to put little lol symbols everywhere.

But, since you asked...

The non-supportive, accusatory tone referred to can be found in any one of the threads that you started in the last 2 weeks:

Phil Jackson might have 38 wins if he was coaching this team.

If Brian Hill is fired, it will be a shock to him.

Vanderweide will let Otis decide Brian's fate.

Let me get you started with tonights discussion.

and my personal favorite...Hey coach Hill bashers, check this out.

Junkie, I'm not calling you out per se. But, unfortunately you have aligned yourself with the coach hill camp by stating numerous times "Hill will be back next year, so get over it."

I'm not looking to start an arguement over this. I was simply looking for some shred of evidence that anyone has noticed during the playoffs that would justify supporting B Hill. What has he done to earn or deserve our support?

And to respond to Rafael... Being critical of a coach that has clearly lost his mind and put himself in the middle of the cross-hairs, doesn't mean that the team overall doesn't receive unconditional support. It just means that some fans expect more from this team and blame the centraly positioned figure head of this organization that has installed his own personal system and set of assistant coaches that have resulted in the majority of team struggles.

Again, I'm not looking to pick a fight. I just want to hear from anyone that still thinks Brian Hill deserves fan support AND WHY (according to what he has done on the court and not due to our allegiance to the team).

Not looking to start an argument Smack? The very nature of the title would suggest different.

Brian will be back next year. I don't dwell on things I can do nothing about.

Two of the 5 threads you gave examples of were started by me. The other 3 were blogs. I changed the title of one(Hey, Coach Hill bashers) since Hill gets bashed for not making changes. He didn't and I have posted more than once how I disappointed I was.

Smack, you of all people should know I post articles and blogs to give the readers here something to talk about. I've been doing it for quite some time.

You said I'm not looking to call you out. But you did Smack. That's okay. I can deal with it. As I said earlier I plan to respond in full when I'm not getting work related pressure.

Oh, and I still stand by my thread about Phil Jackson. Spoke to a person of reputation about this very subject last night. I'll speak more about it later. He said Phil would have gotten 2 more wins!(lol)

I agree with you Smack, but being critical is one thing but when some members start talking about "Boycotting this", "Boycotting that", "Refusing to support the team because of the coach

Wanting Brian Hill gone..Bye-bye has not been easy or fun. Here is what the Brian Hill's supporters (their favorite color is grey) used to say (are now pretty quiet) in response to the Fire Brian Hill crowd www.firebrianhill.org :

Let's support the team and get off this Brian Hill hate stuff.

No other coach incluing Jackson could do any better with this team

Hill will be here next year anyway- get over it.

We will have another coach later on to take us to the finals.

What's your problem? Hill took us to our stated goal of the playoffs.

The core is only 21 years old. What did you expect?

We have no go-to guy, just back ups. Wait until we get the right pieces.

Brian was brought back for public relations and to bring back the fans.

The attendance increased .099 this year best in the NBA. Get a life.

The players blame themselves not the coach.

I will not turn on the coach until the players want him to go.

Don't hold the coach responsible for turn overs and bad free throw shooting.

People like to belittle coach Hill because he is short.

Brian's a nice guy. Calling him idiot or Napolean is uncalled for.