Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Rd 2 Game 5: Playoffs Game Thread Magic at Celtics 5/12 8:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:
Originally posted by Kramer:

Fans are ignorant. It isn't a lack of heart that prevented our shots from going in the way that the Celtics did. It wasn't our lack of hustle that made the refs god awful. It wasn't a lack of courage that got Hedo wrecked by Perkins.

All we can control is effort and it was there. The outcome isn't what we like and in this instance it can be, in large part, blamed on things out of our control. And that makes it feel much worse

If it was one time you could argue that, But this team blows leads like nobody else in the NBA. That is a trend. The shots didn't go in because they were garbage shots.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. You're wrong. You're wrong. (my God I already miss Scrubs) Every team blows leads. You don't know about it they end up winning the game. Boston lost that lead two nights ago but nobody who didn't watch the entire game knows that.

My point is that you watch so many Magic games that all the 7,8,9 point leads we squander and end up winning in close games feel like more than the rest of the NBA because Sportscenter doesn't dub a lead lost unless a game is lost.[/QUOT Blowing a lead in the 2nd quarter and in the late 3rd and 4th is two different stories.

We are the only playoff team who consistently blows late leads. This team plays completely different basketball in the 4th quarter and so do the Celtics. It is who this team is.

quote:
Originally posted by AcuWill:

We don't have "IT".

Period. The refs blew it, sure, but we were up by FOURTEEN MOTHER ****ING POINTS IN THE FOURTH QUARTER.

Dwight is a ****ing *****. He is repeatedly destroyed by middle of the road players.

We lost our balls when Jameer went down.

**** straight we don't have "IT" a team with a big man with an unpolished offensive game surrounded by a bunch of jump shooters is going to be soft as hell. A team with strictly only that makeup will never have the killer instinct to close out games when they jump to big leads. You can ***** about the refs all you want, but when they think they got the game in the bag and stop moving the ball, as well as settling for one on one every play, the result is what its been throughout all the playoffs, repeatedly blown leads. I really hate this team right now, and am sick of this complacent lazy *** attitude when it comes to closing out teams. I just puked!

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

And the answer you didn't watch the game otherwise you wouldn't be asking this question.

Again! Shard was 0/5 in the last 5, Hedo was 0/1. And 5>1. What the **** is your point?

quote:
Originally posted by iddelen:

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

And the answer you didn't watch the game otherwise you wouldn't be asking this question.

Again! Shard was 0/5 in the last 5, Hedo was 0/1. And 5>1. What the **** is your point?

Exactly. But some losers are just keeping blaming Hedo...

quote:
Originally posted by Wescoat:

quote:
Originally posted by Vellassco:

quote:
Originally posted by Wescoat:

quote:
Originally posted by Vellassco:

quote:
Originally posted by brkdw:

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

quote:
Originally posted by Orlandonole:

Honestly what is that 3 or 4 games we had 14 plus point leads and either lost or almost did? This team has had this problem all year and it won't change until we get a go to guy for the end of games that just takes it over. It is even worse if we lose this series and they are missing KG and Poe.

We have a go-to-guy: he's injured.

His number is #14.

our go to guy should be #9 but somehow SVG doesn't trust him as much as he trust turk.

What the hell.. Hedo didnt touched the ball in this match.. Shard was the go to guy.. sucked all last 4 possesion. Stop pointing him every time you feel pain in your as-ss

I take it you didn't watch the game but Hedo was the one continuously missing the 3 and trying to drive the ball and get a mercy foul. He has the right idea to attack the rim but do it right and not clumsily. He has gone cold and should leave orlando this offseason.

You should take 2 new eyes or brand new brain.. Everytime he went to rim he drowes the basket and get the foul except last attempth. and last one was clear foul just like svg mentioned at PC. You better leave orlando this offseason btw

So you've just made my point. Congratulations. He hopes for mercy fouls against the defending champions. Just like SVG just said we can't rely on the refs especially when they are biased for the champs. Hedo never attempts to square up, never attempts to make a legit shot and just stumbles into the lane hoping to fall on someone and get a call while he aimlessly throws the ball up.

correct me if im wrong if hedo plays for celtics or any other team he could get the foul, he plays for orlando and he didnt.. and all this Hedo's fault.LOL

WOW! Why are we always like this? Giving-up leads and not doing anything I mean bring the ball inside and atleast get a foul. Why the F*** are we always jacking up 3's, when we are up? Dwight is looking like the baby of "BIG BABY". He always cries in the refs for not getting a foul and not going back to play some defense. We need "Heart & Hustle". I hate Boston like no other team because of their players attitude especially Garnett.

quote:
Originally posted by Bauncey Chillups:

Lakers also blow plenty of big leads, it's not a problem exclusive to the Magic.

Haha another soft team. They have Kobe though and he is pretty good at closing out games.

quote:

quote:

Lakers also blow plenty of big leads, it's not a problem exclusive to the Magic.

Haha another soft team. They have Kobe though and he is pretty good at closing out games.

What does soft even mean concerning a basketball team?

quote:

quote:

True, though with Jameer we managed to close out the Lakers in two close wins.

As our board blows up on the 'is it the refs fault' or 'do we just suck' debate, let's remember a few plays down the stretch. First, Shard pumped faked, got Baby in the air, got hit hard, and got not call. That is 2 points if they call it. Second, Hedo drives, and Perkins jumps into him, which is a clear foul, at least as much as the one they gave Marbury a few plays before, and Hedo gets no call. That is 2 points if they call it. Finally, Alston drives in the lane gets hit, no call, and Dwight gets fouled pretty obviously as two Celtic players grab him and he gets no call. Let's call that one point assume Rafer and Dwight would both miss a free throw. That is 5 points in the final few minutes of a game where we trailed by 1 with less than 10 seconds left. If our team throws up jump shots people complain we aren't driving, but if you drive and don't get fouls and they turn into fastbreaks the other way what are you supposed to do? Stan said it himself in the press conference, we just have to shoot jump shots from now on and leave the driving to the Celtics. Again, Dwight got 3 free throws. Nuff said.