Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Rd 2 Game 5: Playoffs Game Thread Magic at Celtics 5/12 8:00 PM

I think we have been putting too much blame on the players. I credit this loss, game 4 and 2 loss, the losses to Philly, and the end of the season dreadful performances to SVG.

Champions don't give up a 14 pt lead with 8 min to go. Champions don't give up 18 and 30 pt leads in the playoffs, and any game for that matter.

It has happened too much in these playoffs and it happened in the regular season. The Players are not responding to SVG in crunch time and if there is a better coach out there in the offseason, he should be fired and replaced.

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD SHUT THE F_UCK UP!!! THIS **** AINT OVER, ITS GOIN TO SEVEN. CMON GUYS, HAVE A DRINK, SMOKE A BOWL, CHILL, ITS NOT OVER YET, WE ARE THE BETTER TEAM!

Bucktown, you can't tell EVERYBODY to shut up. . .

These are Magic fans, they are heartbroken. . .so let them vent!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Vellassco:

quote:
Originally posted by brkdw:

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

quote:
Originally posted by Orlandonole:

Honestly what is that 3 or 4 games we had 14 plus point leads and either lost or almost did? This team has had this problem all year and it won't change until we get a go to guy for the end of games that just takes it over. It is even worse if we lose this series and they are missing KG and Poe.

We have a go-to-guy: he's injured.

His number is #14.

our go to guy should be #9 but somehow SVG doesn't trust him as much as he trust turk.

What the hell.. Hedo didnt touched the ball in this match.. Shard was the go to guy.. sucked all last 4 possesion. Stop pointing him every time you feel pain in your as-ss

I like Hedo's passing and PG ability but for one on one, lewis has a better matchup than Hedo in this series... in the last 5 minutes Lewis didn't get the ball in the post up position neither did howard. we just drove stupidly and expected the referees to call a foul or made stupid jump shots...

quote:
Originally posted by IronMaiden:

quote:
Originally posted by UBBALLER8:

I still have faith.

Maybe I'm a hopeless fan. I still have faith in this team to win this series.

Yes, you are a hopeless fan. I've been a fan since the Magic first took the court, this is the best team I've seen Orlando field since the 95 team. If we still can't get it done, I have nothing left. I'm not just giving up on the team, I'm done with the NBA entirely. The league is a joke and everyone knows it. I see Shard get his guy up in the air and make contact. The same thing Paul Pierce does every frickin time and gets the call. No call...unbelievable. Almost as unbelievable as this team throwing away another playoff game. I've seen kids in the coldesac play with more heart, and I'm not even lying. You guys take it easy. This **** ain't worth the stress.

You said it best this team has not heart. They don't dive for loose balls, for fight for rebounds. I have seen guys you have to hack and foul off a court to get them to stop. Our guys back away from contact all the time. I give Nelson credit he may be the only guy that does but look where it got him.

quote:
Originally posted by TrueMagicFan07:

quote:

EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD SHUT THE F_UCK UP!!! THIS **** AINT OVER, ITS GOIN TO SEVEN. CMON GUYS, HAVE A DRINK, SMOKE A BOWL, CHILL, ITS NOT OVER YET, WE ARE THE BETTER TEAM!

Losing game 5 does not piss me off, losing big leads late in the game continuously pisses me off.

I'm tired of it.

quote:
Originally posted by iddelen:

quote:
Originally posted by Wescoat:

quote:
Originally posted by Vellassco:

quote:
Originally posted by brkdw:

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

quote:
Originally posted by Orlandonole:

Honestly what is that 3 or 4 games we had 14 plus point leads and either lost or almost did? This team has had this problem all year and it won't change until we get a go to guy for the end of games that just takes it over. It is even worse if we lose this series and they are missing KG and Poe.

We have a go-to-guy: he's injured.

His number is #14.

our go to guy should be #9 but somehow SVG doesn't trust him as much as he trust turk.

What the hell.. Hedo didnt touched the ball in this match.. Shard was the go to guy.. sucked all last 4 possesion. Stop pointing him every time you feel pain in your as-ss

I take it you didn't watch the game but Hedo was the one continuously missing the 3 and trying to drive the ball and get a mercy foul. He has the right idea to attack the rim but do it right and not clumsily. He has gone cold and should leave orlando this offseason.

You, sir, are so wrong!

Hedo went into panic mode when Boston went on a run. That kind of play actually helped Boston. Instead of getting the ball to wide open teammates Hedo forced shots that should have never been taken.

I've smoked plenty of bowls Bucktown and I still think **** looks pretty bleak for this team.

quote:
Originally posted by BLACK MAGIC:

blew it big time. Once again.

I'm not blaming the refs 100%, but this is probably the worst game I've seen in a while from the officials. Especially at the most critical portion of the game. They failed to make the correct calls. Only to please the home crowd.

I disagree with you on this one. I think the refs were better than any of the other games in the series. You just need to stop being a ref sore loser and admit the truth.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

quote:

quote:

Losing game 5 does not piss me off, losing big leads late in the game continuously pisses me off.

I'm tired of it.

I would put this 50% on the coach and 50% on the players. This is nothing new since it happened all year long. The difference is we still won because there was no pressure and the 3 pointers would fall in the end. Now with little from the 3 point line and the officials steering the victory to the C's....well you have to dig deep to assess the blame.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

quote:

quote:

I'm tired of it.

I'm with ya.