Sign in to follow this  
Luke_FfS

A new chapter of the SVG saga.

just finished reading this piece...I almost liked Denton once, now, meh...this is just crap to me...I guess I'm the only one who loves SVG to death...he may or may not be the perfect coach for Orlando, but in my twisted head, he's the perfect kind of coach...

the portion about Dwight recently admitting his dislike for SVG's "antics" was kind of, meh...but honestly...

and reading those comments, Phil Jackson, Greg P and Sloan aren't like SVG? lol, Jackson even goes after his own players, Sloan is a nut job and Greg P is a sinister SOB...and the funny thing, I love each and every one of them...I guess the psychotic nuances are the only variable that link these coaches...

how overblown has this gotten?

my lord...

I also do not understand how this master of panic moniker took off so fast and became gospel...it's perplexing to me...

My god, why would Denton write this before game 6? We are in the midst of one of our biggest games, and we are questioning are coach? This is crap, this players dont like when he yells, yes, but they respond to him, they follow him and they know he will follow them. He trust them and they trust him.

Also I didnt see any hoopla when Brian Hill was breaking clipboards, the media would just joke about it. Yet Stan gets excited and he is a master of panic. This is ridiculous, since when did Shaq's word become gospel?

I know I have said this before and I know people on this board love Svg and I'm sure I will get bashed for stating my opinion but oh well. SVG is not being bashed because of what Shaq says. If you think that players and coaches in the NBA don't talk about SVG and his antics then this won't mean alot to you. SVG is a good coach, I think he would be far better served as an assistant though. I was happy about SVG becoming the coach, but only because it meant Donovan would'nt be. This team has showed how poorly we play in the 4th quarter what do you attribute this to? He does not have this team playing loose. Dwight is growing tired of his antics. When that happens SVG is gone, just like that. He is not one to call anyone out which is the only reason he hasn't. If you look past his affect on the mental part of this team, which is the biggest problem. His coaching is also questionable. His lack of control on some of his players baffles me sometimes. He callS a timeout, draws up a play, and this team comes out and shoots a fadeaway 3? Either some players on this team completely do whatever they want, or SVG is a horrible X and O's coach. Another reason SVG is causing problems is the lack of FA's who want to play with him,especially veterans. These veterans who get released and sign with every contender but us. Why do you think that is? Simple they have been in the league 10 years and do not want to hear the madness that comes from those sidelines.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

I know I have said this before and I know people on this board love Svg and I'm sure I will get bashed for stating my opinion but oh well. SVG is not being bashed because of what Shaq says. If you think that players and coaches in the NBA don't talk about SVG and his antics then this won't mean alot to you. SVG is a good coach, I think he would be far better served as an assistant though. I was happy about SVG becoming the coach, but only because it meant Donovan would'nt be. This team has showed how poorly we play in the 4th quarter what do you attribute this to? He does not have this team playing loose. Dwight is growing tired of his antics. When that happens SVG is gone, just like that. He is not one to call anyone out which is the only reason he hasn't. If you look past his affect on the mental part of this team, which is the biggest problem. His coaching is also questionable. His lack of control on some of his players baffles me sometimes. He callS a timeout, draws up a play, and this team comes out and shoots a fadeaway 3? Either some players on this team completely do whatever they want, or SVG is a horrible X and O's coach. Another reason SVG is causing problems is the lack of FA's who want to play with him,especially veterans. These veterans who get released and sign with every contender but us. Why do you think that is? Simple they have been in the league 10 years and do not want to hear the madness that comes from those sidelines.

I have still yet to figure out how a team not following the plan is the coaches fault?

quote:

This team has showed how poorly we play in the 4th quarter what do you attribute this to?

Got to stop you right there. The Magic were 32-1 (I might have the first number a little off) when they had a lead in the last 5 minutes of a game in the regular season. I would have to say that's pretty good 4th quarter coaching.

Oh geesh now Denton is pandering to the ESPN big wigs. What is this world coming to. I bet this was the only type of article he would get paid for. A hometown reporter basically trashing his hometown team/coach in the playoffs??? Now Denton has become a B.S. writer to me.

quote:

This team has showed how poorly we play in the 4th quarter what do you attribute this to?

I'm sorry

quote:
going 48-4 when leading after three periods and 52-1 when up at the five-minute mark.

WHUT?

quote:

He does not have this team playing loose. Dwight is growing tired of his antics. When that happens SVG is gone, just like that. He is not one to call anyone out which is the only reason he hasn't. If you look past his affect on the mental part of this team, which is the biggest problem. His coaching is also questionable. His lack of control on some of his players baffles me sometimes. He callS a timeout, draws up a play, and this team comes out and shoots a fadeaway 3? Either some players on this team completely do whatever they want, or SVG is a horrible X and O's coach. Another reason SVG is causing problems is the lack of FA's who want to play with him,especially veterans. These veterans who get released and sign with every contender but us. Why do you think that is? Simple they have been in the league 10 years and do not want to hear the madness that comes from those sidelines.

With the way you speak here I have a hard time understanding how you are able to deduce this and provide such ****ing evidence when your opinion seems to be based solely on the media fodder we have all heard along the season...nearly everything you said here was speculation, and garbage speculation at that I might add...Whilst you are surely entitled to your own opinion, I honestly do not feel you know enough about anything related to this to have such an opinion...

so you were right, bashed...

lol, an assistant...

man...

quote:
Originally posted by D-Guy:

quote:

I have still yet to figure out how a team not following the plan is the coaches fault?

Umm, because he is in control of the team? This is the problem he does not have control of this team. He can't get them to play hard to play every night, he can't get them to give the ball consistently to the best player on the team, he can't get them to push the ball up the court, he can't get them to quit launching 3's and take the ball to the hoop. Who does this fall on? The players? Okay, if you want to go with that then we need to move most of the team or get a coach who can do those things. Which is bound to happen? The coach is always the first to go.