Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Dwight Kareem Abdul Howard Jr.

now that he's got his hook shot going on what's next...

The addition of a sweeping hook shot across the lane has made the 6-foot-11, 268-pound Howard even more of a nightmare for foes. For years, defenders shaded him toward the baseline, knowing that's where he prefers to go for dunks and layups. And because Howard had few counter moves to the middle of the floor, he was often plagued by turnovers. But now Howard can score in so many other ways.

"That has become his go-to move," Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said. "When he doesn't have to stop and gather himself before going up there's less time for the help to come over and trap him. He gets such great extension and he's gotten where he can make them with either hand."

http://www.floridatoday.com/ar...02240329/1002/SPORTS

Our story actually began years ago, when Howard started working on the move. He did it occasionally in games, but then it would disappear.

Then Van Gundy saw him rolling the shot in during a warm-up in Dallas. Howard said he made about five running hooks that night. Jabbar Jr. was born.

What makes it so good is Howard is a natural left-hander, so he can shoot it with either hand. His extension makes it unblockable.

"Somebody said I should call myself Kareem Abdul-Dwight," Howard said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com...eb23,0,601517.column

Introducing our starting center...

Dwight Kareem Abdul Howard jr... Superman

now that he's got his hook shot going on what's next...

The addition of a sweeping hook shot across the lane has made the 6-foot-11, 268-pound Howard even more of a nightmare for foes. For years, defenders shaded him toward the baseline, knowing that's where he prefers to go for dunks and layups. And because Howard had few counter moves to the middle of the floor, he was often plagued by turnovers. But now Howard can score in so many other ways.

"That has become his go-to move," Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said. "When he doesn't have to stop and gather himself before going up there's less time for the help to come over and trap him. He gets such great extension and he's gotten where he can make them with either hand."

http://www.floridatoday.com/ar...02240329/1002/SPORTS

Our story actually began years ago, when Howard started working on the move. He did it occasionally in games, but then it would disappear.

Then Van Gundy saw him rolling the shot in during a warm-up in Dallas. Howard said he made about five running hooks that night. Jabbar Jr. was born.

What makes it so good is Howard is a natural left-hander, so he can shoot it with either hand. His extension makes it unblockable.

"Somebody said I should call myself Kareem Abdul-Dwight," Howard said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com...eb23,0,601517.column

Introducing our starting center...

Dwight Kareem Abdul Howard jr... Superman

Both were great articles. I love seeing Dwight's hook shots. Last year he had baby hooks, but this year he has the real thing and they're dropping consistently.

A hook shot is the hardest shot in basketball to defend when executed properly. I don't think I've ever seen a guy that consistently shoots them with either hand. Dwight's constant improvement still manages to astound me.

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Rule:

every year he wants to add something...next year add the foul shot...

No, he ought to incorporate those half court shots into his game somehow. Hew probably shoots those at the same percentage as his FT's anyway.

i think next year is when that bank shot will be consistent. before our eyes, dwight is piling up the offensive skills.

quote:
Howard's numbers were 32 points, 17 rebounds and an approving yawn from Van Gundy.

"That's sort of what I expect out of Dwight," he said.

lol.