Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Game Thread: Magic @ Bulls 2/24/2009 8PM

quote:
Originally posted by Obawan12:

I watched the end of that game and I don't think you guys have anything to be mad about, but obviously your team just lost, so someone MUST be blamed, and obviously, I know the feeling.

But, it looked like the Bulls were just on fire. Shooting 60% from the field isn't exactly the norm, you just caught the Bulls on a hot shooting night. Ben Gordon was making a ton of contested J's and Rose was hitting jumpers, which he isn't known for.

The main reason I am posting though, is I want the know what this I'm back thing is? Does this guy register and do this after every loss or something lol?

If it's who it probably is, no. It's a guy who got banned about 18 months ago and now will decide to set up a bunch of new accounts every couple months and spam the boards like this. He was spamming the chat room during the last game with like 4 different accounts open.

Also, his first account included a link to his old youtube account, that had videos of him lip-synching to My Chemical Romance songs, which was easily the most pathetic/hilarious thing I've ever seen.

quote:
Originally posted by Obawan12:

I watched the end of that game and I don't think you guys have anything to be mad about, but obviously your team just lost, so someone MUST be blamed, and obviously, I know the feeling.

But, it looked like the Bulls were just on fire. Shooting 60% from the field isn't exactly the norm, you just caught the Bulls on a hot shooting night. Ben Gordon was making a ton of contested J's and Rose was hitting jumpers, which he isn't known for.

The main reason I am posting though, is I want the know what this I'm back thing is? Does this guy register and do this after every loss or something lol?

+1, but the defense was sagging off all night.

Stock Up:

Hedo Turkoglu. (Hedo had 16 points on 6 of 14 shots, 2 of 4 from Three, 2 of 4 from the free throw line. 4 boards, 2 assists, and a steal. Why is Hedo the Highest Riser? NO turnovers. That's pretty major for the usually turnover prone Hedo Turkoglu.)

Courtney Lee. (It was a yeoman's effort from C-Lee tonight as it seemed was the only guy who tried to play tough in-your-face defense tonight. 14 points on 6 of 9 shooting, 0 for 1 from downtown, 2 for 2 from the charity stripe. 1 board, 2 assists against 2 turnovers, and a block. But again, this SU is due to Lee's actual effort, unlike most of his teammates, on the defensive end.)

Marcin Gortat. (He actually played pretty well on both ends and was a presense defensively. What a concept. 2 points on 1 of 2 shooting, 5 boards, and a turnover.)

Stock In The Middle:

Tonight this section could be "Stock In The, Skywise Doesn't Care About Figuring Out If You're Up Or Down." I mean I just don't, I could really give a ****.

Anthony Johnson. (10 points on 4 of 9 shooting and 2 of 4 from deep. 3 boards, 2 assists, and 2 turnovers. Okay, he scored in double figures. Let's throw a parade. Meanwhile he couldn't guard a WNBA point guard, so big deal.)

J.J. Redick. (10 points on 4 of 7 shooting and 2 of 5 from Three Land, 2 boards and 1 assist. Again, I mean I don't really care. He wasn't getting blown by on defense, but he wasn't making anyone uncomfortable either, whether it was Salmons, Gordon, whoever.)

Stock Down:

Opponent's Field Goal Shooting. (The Orlando Magic let the Chicago Bulls shoot 56.5 percent on them. I mean, that's the ball game. The magic let the Bulls have too many open shots in the first half, especially the 2nd quarter, and then when the Bulls got confidence, it was too late when Orlando finally started defending in the second half. At that point the Bulls just weren't gonna miss. It was like the beginning of the year in Toronto all over again. But on a night like this, Stock Plummet had to be something team-related instead of singling out a player.)

NBA Referees. (........ I've got nothing else to say on them, other than they should remember it's almost the end of the month, time to pay their bookies.)

Rashard Lewis. (I guess he's not out of the woods yet. 10 points on only 3 of 12 shooting (including an embarrassing missed dunk), 3 of 9 from downtown, and he hit his only free throw. He at least had 5 boards and 5 assists as well as a steal. He also had 2 turnovers, and like 90 percent of the team, tissue paper soft defense.)

Rafer Alston. (The first game where he had some turnovers AND poor shooting at the same time. Doesn't look so good when he's doing them both. Add that with letting Derrick Rose score on him endlessly, and that gives you third place on the Stock Down list. 10 points on only 4 of 12 shooting, 0 for 3 from deep, and 2 for 3 from the free throw line. 3 boards, 5 assists against 4 turnovers, 2 steals, and a block.)

Dwight Howard. (Yeah, he had 26 points and 12 boards. 2 steals, an assist, he shot over 50% from the floor and 6 of 8 from the line. Even 3 turnovers is a reasonable amount. But no blocks is only the beginning... Dwight brought absolutely zero defensive intensity tonight, and it probably rubbed off on the rest of the team.)

Team Assists. (From 22 down to 18 tonight. Meanwhile, we let Chicago have 25.)

Team Rebounding. (Orlando got outboarded and outhustled 44-38.)

Tony Battie. (Other than scoring on a wide open dunk, Battie didn't really bring it at all. So many times I saw him stand idly by while his man grabbed a rebound on either end of the floor, or while another Bull player drove right by him to the rim. Another invisbility act by Battie in his 10 plus minutes.. and whenever he was visible, it wasn't all that good.

4 points on 2 of 4 shooting, one measly rebound, a block, and a turnover. Whoopty freggin' doo. 5 million a season, huh? I think we may of found our new Garrity.)

Stan Van Gundy. (You really need to rethink your rotations and substituation patterns sometime. The Magic run it to get back to 7 points down in the 3rd quarter, they're rolling, and you pull Alston early?? Why, exactly?

Also, how sound of a strategy was it to make sure a jump shooting team shot.. jump shots? I'm just sayin'.)

That's all. Your Orlando Magic drop to 41-15 in astoundingly pathetic fashion. They drop a half game from Boston and another full game from Cleveland. Next comes KryptoNate and the Knicks in New York tomorrow night, but don't worry, they should have plenty of energy since they didn't use any up tonight.

I'm outta here.

Good night and good luck.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

We have to watch out for this guy

joakim_noah.jpg

I TOLD YOU.

If only we had more time.

THIS COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

nice to see Dwight Howard selling his defensive soul to the devil in exchange for some offensive prowess

What the hell does that even mean? And do you think it's Dwight's fault no one was covering the perimeter?

exactly. there perimeter shots they were making is what killed us.

I am sure Hedo has 1 TO when Salmons fouled/stripped the ball in the 4th quarter. Hedo fouled him on the next play.

Anyway, SVG said it best. Look at the postgame quotes:

We are kidding ourselves if we consider being a contender... Our starting 5 didn't bring anything today, including Dwight...

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Stock Up:

Hedo Turkoglu. (Hedo had 16 points on 6 of 14 shots, 2 of 4 from Three, 2 of 4 from the free throw line. 4 boards, 2 assists, and a steal. Why is Hedo the Highest Riser? NO turnovers. That's pretty major for the usually turnover prone Hedo Turkoglu.)