Sign in to follow this  
christophergentry110401

**** QUIT FREAKING OUT WE AIN'T THAT GOOD

quote:
Originally posted by NBAMagic47:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

If you're overmatched at the 1 and the 4, you can bring guys in off the bench to change the momentum of the game (especially when you have Darko & Arroyo/Dooling).

Giving your starters 88% of the minutes while they are getting outplayed & outscored doesn't make any **** sense.

so what should coach do if we are over matched 1 thru 5? because we are. noone is strong enough to guard billups, noone can keep up with Rip, rasheed is staying out of the post and no one wants to go out and guard him, tashawn is to long. there is nothing that coach can do if he doesn't have the personell to get the job done

We aren't outmatched all 5 positions. Dwight is still better than Webber. To this point Turkoglu has outplayed Prince. Hamilton and Grant has been a toss up. The only positions we are getting killed at is point guard and power forward. And yes if the starters aren't getting it done you put in the reserves that have been playing very well earlier than you usually would.

Guys, the management basically has to support the coach. What do you think they are going to say? Coach Hill is not a good coach by any measures. He speaks about getting our young guns playoff experience yet he reduces Trevor's time, and refusing to play Redick at all, arguably our best outside shooter.

He has to realize that our starting lineup is flawed tremendously and that Darko is in all facets of the game FAR superior to Battie.

And if Otis obviously can't realize this either then I consider him a pushover.

I'm not convinced Coach Hill is coming back.. Of course management is going to SAY that Hill doesn't have to worry, there's a playoff series at hand! I think we're going to see a very different team next season. Barring a huge turnaround, I think Hill is gone.

But it's obvious that with the talent here, we should be a lot better than what we are. It's easy to blame the coaches and management when things go wrong, that's true, but the areas in which this team is strugging are very coachable. If you are basically the worst team in the league in passing, turnovers and free throws - you have failed as a coach, especially if you have playoff-calibar talent and a team that is willing to work.

There's simply no freakin way around it.

nesss

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Here's another thing for all the coach bashers. Otis and Magic management have fully backed Brian Hill. He is definitely coming back next year.(IF WE HAVE EMPTY SEATS BRIAN WILL BE GONE FOR SURE!! I THINK YOU HEARD THAT NEXT SEASON TICKET SALES ARE NOT SATISFACTORY.)

Answer me this question, does this mean we are gonna have to listen to all you guys ripping on Coach Hill all summer and into next year? (I BELIEVE THAT BRIAN WILL BE REPLACED THIS SUMMER)

You know when you rip Brian you are ripping Otis and the whole Magic management.(I AM NOT RIPPING BRIAN I JUST DON'T WANT HIM AS OUR COACH. I BELIEVE THE MAGIC MANAGEMENT KNOW THAT CHANGES MUST BE MADE)

If you feel like that you may as well get off the Magic boards!(RELAX, I AM SURE YOU ARE A GREAT GUY, YOU ARE TAKING THIS PERSONALLY)

(MY COMMENTS ABOVE ARE IN CAPITAL LETTERS ENCLOSED BY BRACKETS)

quote:
Originally posted by christophergentry110401:

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR **** COACH ITS THE FACT WE ARENT THAT GOOD. YOU KNEW I KNEW EVERYONE KNEW. DID YOU HONESTLY THINK WE HAD A CHANCE BECAUSE I DIDNT MAYBE YOU I AM TO MUCH OF A REALIST BUT DANG YOU PEOPLE HAVE TO QUIT THIS. D12 IS LEARNING A VALUABLE LESSON YOU WILL GET BULLIED IN THE PLAYOFFS AND HE IS ALSO LEARNING THAT IF HE DOESN'T FIGHT FOR THE BALL UNLIKE THE REGULAR SEASON HE AINT GETTING IT.

CALM DOWN WE ALL KNEW THIS WAS COMING THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A SEASON OF LETS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THEN FIND A GOOD PLAYER IN FREE AGENCY WITH GRANTS CONTRACT COMING OFF THE BOOKS......

seconded! lol

To clarify my view its a combination of both coach and players, with more falling on the players. The bottom line is what ever line up, you have to get the job done. We don't get the job done. We miss free throws and we turn the ball over. The amount we miss and the amount we turnover is substantial enough to point the finger at the players. We aren't good enough and we will not beat Detroit.

I love it when you MAGIC FANS are so POSITIVE!!!

Yeah Right the Magic cant beat the PISTONS...

(maybe with B. Hill as a coach they CANT!!!)

Psst...

(like the Warriors can't beat the MAVS)

(like NOBODY can't ever beat the DREAM TEAM)

WE CAN WIN!

We need to RUN , play relax and have FUN !!!

We need to get the OLD CORE of PISTONS TIRED!!!

I SAY!!!

WE CAN WIN, and we should play without any pressure, because we can...

Smack Daddy: I have a pointed question for Gentry and Junkie

How many games did you both predict back in November that the Magic would win this season?

I didn't have a set number of games I never do all I wanted was for the magic to make the playoffs for the first time in 4 years. I only want our team to make the playoffs once you get there anything can happen.

As far as this series go we never had a shot Run Run Run all you want but Detroit is still gonna kick our @$$ we all know it. This was season for making the playoffs and getting expirence now everyone is pissed because we are getting handled by the Pistons. Oh well it's Brian Hill's Fault,not really no matter what adjustments he could even think of making Detroit is still gonna give us an @$$ Kicking. Jameer nor Carlos can Guard Chauncey Grant nor Hedo can guard rip because he is too fast and they are too slow. Dwight has been out played by Darko in these playoffs all he does in whine to the REF's and cost us on the defensive end because he doesn't get down floor quick enough. D12 needs to suck up his B**ching because all it is doing is making him look like a P***Y.

quote:
Originally posted by christophergentry110401:

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR **** COACH ITS THE FACT WE ARENT THAT GOOD. YOU KNEW I KNEW EVERYONE KNEW. DID YOU HONESTLY THINK WE HAD A CHANCE BECAUSE I DIDNT MAYBE YOU I AM TO MUCH OF A REALIST BUT DANG YOU PEOPLE HAVE TO QUIT THIS. D12 IS LEARNING A VALUABLE LESSON YOU WILL GET BULLIED IN THE PLAYOFFS AND HE IS ALSO LEARNING THAT IF HE DOESN'T FIGHT FOR THE BALL UNLIKE THE REGULAR SEASON HE AINT GETTING IT.

CALM DOWN WE ALL KNEW THIS WAS COMING THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A SEASON OF LETS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THEN FIND A GOOD PLAYER IN FREE AGENCY WITH GRANTS CONTRACT COMING OFF THE BOOKS......

theirs nothin wrong with a team rooting for their team hoping for the best for them.

and the magic bein in the playoffs is a huge acomplishment and a step of things to come in the future.i'm a pistons fan but i still belive in the yrs to come the magic will be the team to beat and being in the playoffs after many yrs is a start .calm down and enjoy the playoffs at least your never know anthing can happen.

I am rooting for the Magic every game and cheering I want them to win just as bad as everyone else. I do get disappointed when we lost last nights game. But I knew it was going to happen anyway.

Im not sure why people are so upset about whats been happening in these games either. It was so obvious that detroit is the better team. Everyone knew we were going to get beat like this.

quote:
Originally posted by NBAMagic47:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

If you're overmatched at the 1 and the 4, you can bring guys in off the bench to change the momentum of the game (especially when you have Darko & Arroyo/Dooling).

Giving your starters 88% of the minutes while they are getting outplayed & outscored doesn't make any **** sense.

so what should coach do if we are over matched 1 thru 5? because we are. noone is strong enough to guard billups, noone can keep up with Rip, rasheed is staying out of the post and no one wants to go out and guard him, tashawn is to long. there is nothing that coach can do if he doesn't have the personell to get the job done

While Billups has scored at will on everyone in the second half of both games, I've been really impressed with Darko's defense on Wallace. He's been very effective shutting him down. He did the same thing when McDyss was in the game. The only shot I saw either guy hit on Darko last night was a turnaround fadeaway McDyss hit in the second quarter.

You are right we are not that good, BUT we are also not that bad. I mean at the end of the game when are already dug in a hole did anyone else see that once we were moving like we had some life in us that we scored easily? I wish Jameer would get up the floor faster. I think that in itself would help us with (1)more time on the shot clock, and (2)tire out, just that much more, billups. We are young and we can move. also we need some one other than jameer(jj please)who is CONFIDENT in there shot. now i know jameer wants to shoot alot but more often than not now it seems he is off. sit jj in a corner on offense, dump big man ball(dwight, darko), if not double teamed let them take it to the basket, if not than swing the ball around to the open man hopefully back to jj in that corner for that shot that he ALWAYS has. easier said than done obviously but i really think we need to add jj to the mix, and unless jameer is on in the first few minutes than please pull him for dooling/arroyo/jj. dooling/hill/turk/battie/dwight; hill/jj/ariza/darko/dwight;arroyo/hill/turk/dwight/darko. ok i am off my soap box. regardless if changes are made or not i just want orlando to win at home this first game. oh the pride/confidence/swagger we would have for the rest of the series. GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Here's another thing for all the coach bashers. Otis and Magic management have fully backed Brian Hill. He is definitely coming back next year.

Answer me this question, does this mean we are gonna have to listen to all you guys ripping on Coach Hill all summer and into next year?

You know when you rip Brian you are ripping Otis and the whole Magic management.

If you feel like that you may as well get off the Magic boards!

Exactly. It starts at the top and this organization is run just like my little girls soccer team. Oh let's not worry about winning or losing as long as we have fun. I swear I wish that they could just sell this team to some interested party. That way they can go do what they do best. AMWAY.