Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

It's official...Magic trade Keith Bogans for Tyronn Lue(pg.15)

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by barnettej:

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

While Lue is not ideal, he gives us veteran depth at PG with a contract that won't hinder our ability to retain Hedo and Gortat this off season.

I am sure Otis wanted Sessions, but the guy has increased his trade value with his play over the last month. If Lue fits in I would not be surprised to see Otis bring him back next year at the vets min as a 3rd PG.

The fact is Hedo is going to run the offense most of the time regardless of who is on the floor. We just need guys who can help handle the ball, defend and knock down a three when left alone.

Their are two problems with a younger PG, teams want more for them and we don't really want to be him learning on the job when we are trying to contend.

All legit arguments, but there are players out there in FA or D-League who can fit what we need.

We wont have to give up anything.

And once again, just because players didnt make it onto an NBA team the first time around, doesnt mean they cant make it in the NBA at all.

"SEVERAL" players have come into the NBA "Late" and are doing fine.

"HECK" Skip-To-My-Loo made it......

Think outside the box.

Rafer Alston does not help your cause on this argument.

Kelenna Azubuike did.

quote:
Originally posted by Darrell_Armstrong:

Okay, we all know that Schmitz is a fool, but I just ran Bogans for Lue on Tradechecker and its works fine. Anyone know what he's talking about with the need for "filler"?

The Traded Player Exception states you can take back 125% of the salary you trade away. This deal works under CBA rules. Schmitz just proving himself to be an idiot like usual.

quote:

quote:

quote:

While Lue is not ideal, he gives us veteran depth at PG with a contract that won't hinder our ability to retain Hedo and Gortat this off season.

I am sure Otis wanted Sessions, but the guy has increased his trade value with his play over the last month. If Lue fits in I would not be surprised to see Otis bring him back next year at the vets min as a 3rd PG.

The fact is Hedo is going to run the offense most of the time regardless of who is on the floor. We just need guys who can help handle the ball, defend and knock down a three when left alone.

Their are two problems with a younger PG, teams want more for them and we don't really want to be him learning on the job when we are trying to contend.

All legit arguments, but there are players out there in FA or D-League who can fit what we need.

And once again, just because players didnt make it onto an NBA team the first time around, doesnt mean they cant make it in the NBA at all.

Think outside the box.

He is "one" of many examples.

Which is the real point.

BTW, I miss these great Magic debates..lol

quote:

quote:

One thing no one has mentioned is that Sessions shoots 17% from 3. I'd still prefer him to Lue, but that's a problem for a team that relies on the three like we do.

Anyone who thought that Milwaukee was going to give us a young point who averaged 14.5/6.5 as a starter this year for our trash needs to be electro-shocked for their own good. We were never getting Sessions for any of the things listed here.

preach on my brother...

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Think outside the box.

Kelenna Azubuike did.

When did Azubuike become a point guard or are we just talking in general terms now.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

Okay, we all know that Schmitz is a fool, but I just ran Bogans for Lue on Tradechecker and its works fine. Anyone know what he's talking about with the need for "filler"?

The Traded Player Exception states you can take back 125% of the salary you trade away. This deal works under CBA rules. Schmitz just proving himself to be an idiot like usual.

Schmitz really should read the CBA some year. Can we trade him to Milwaukee for another NBA beat writer?

quote:

quote:

One thing no one has mentioned is that Sessions shoots 17% from 3. I'd still prefer him to Lue, but that's a problem for a team that relies on the three like we do.

Anyone who thought that Milwaukee was going to give us a young point who averaged 14.5/6.5 as a starter this year for our trash needs to be electro-shocked for their own good. We were never getting Sessions for any of the things listed here.

Redick/Bogans and a 1st would've gotten the deal done.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Think outside the box.

Kelenna Azubuike did.

When did Azubuike become a point guard or are we just talking in general terms now.

In general terms of why we "Should Not" ignore open resources like the FA or D-League.

And it was answering one of DOM's questions.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Think outside the box.

Kelenna Azubuike did.

general terms...

quote:

quote:

quote:

Who are your sources, and why would that have gotten it done?

quote:

That deal doesn't come close to working under the CAP. And even if it did, why would a team supposedly desperate to cut salary to keep Charlie V want to add an extra 2.8m in salary for next year in Redick when they can just let Sessions walk next year and be better off in their CAP situation? For a pick in the late 20s?