Sign in to follow this  
My 6th Rebuild

Jameer Has Torn Labrum, Timetable Uncertain

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

I feel like the one that pushed you under the tire... or watched quietly as you stepped out in front of the tire.

So you are Ericka Dampier?

I was thinking more of a fantasy basketball spin on things.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:

I feel like the one that pushed you under the tire... or watched quietly as you stepped out in front of the tire.

So you are Ericka Dampier?

I was thinking more of a fantasy basketball spin on things.

Oh I know where you were going with that mister and I do not appreciate it especially when CP3 tweaks his groin on the same night. I think for the sake of the NBA I might release all the healthy people on my team.

Sh**... We are a playoff team, but now the seed will be the problem. Is a huge drop now that we don't have a PG you can play 30-35minutes, heck even 20 AJ is too old to hold 2months. CLee have to step up now. Have to say it, was a bad move to let go both Keyon and Carlos...they were and are capable of starting. Nevertheless, we have to work with what we got. Though time ahead, hope to see Nelly back sooner than later.

There was no way that Keyon was too much of an expense at 3.3 million, not then, and especially not now.

Heck, if it was the LT we were worried about, we could have easily reduced payroll by dealing one or two contracts before the reporting deadline, the same way a couple other teams have done this year.

Well, it looks like CLee needs to step up now. There is no point in crying about could-haves.

AJ is a backup and I don't think anyone we can sign will be any better than CLee on the roster. It's up to him to step up.

I think Jameer is gonna rehab, be out 4-6 weeks, come back for the rest of the regular season and playoffs, and then have surgery in the offseason. He's so tough I'd doubt he'd get surgery right away.. that's just not really Jameer, unless he had absolutely no other choice. Look at his half-joking comment about shooting with his other arm.

No matter how much time Jameer misses, we need another true point guard. Oh wait, we've needed another point guard the whole season, OOPS. I hope that Otis gets it done through free agency and not a trade, because otherwise he'll get... violated in a trade right now, let's say. I hope and pray that by the playoffs we'll have Jameer starting again and this new PG knocking A.J. out of the rotation and backing him up. A guy that's clearly not Jameer Nelson, but also clearly better than Anthony Johnson. Not hard to do the latter part, frankly.

Yeah I'm the resident optimist, but that's my view. I believe heavily in two things: that Jameer's a tough lil' b**tard and Otis is a do-nothing until times get tough. But it's still 50-50 that Otis can make the right move now that crap has hit the fan.

I don't like how it can take up to a week to get a freggin' timetable. One way or another I just wish I knew what damage report is gonna be.

As for the team, it's severely doubtful they can catch the Celtics, Cavs, or Lakers in the standings. But I think so little of the Hawks, Pistons, and Heat game-in and game-out in this league, and the Sixers are so far behind, that I'm still confident that Dwight, Shard, and Hedo can hang on to this number 3 seed.

P.S. By the way if Otis actually thinks A.J. has more game than J-Will, he needs to hand in his resignation immediately.

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

SURGERYYYYYYYY. AHHHHHH,

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-nelson-injury-update,0,3257565.story

The article says eventually he will need surgery eventually. Leave it to the sentinel to make a story out of nothing. He still hasnt decided what he wants to do. Its also says possibly in the article, yet the title reads will. lol gotta love the sentinel.

Man this sucks.

It's funny though, people lose their minds and want to trade for a big name PG.

Like Jameer isn't coming back for the end of the season (wishfull thinking) or the next one.

We definately need a pg for 20 minutes a game.

That's a back up PG. A trade including Cook, JJ and Foyle(is he still on the roster?) should do it.

I don't see a D-league player or a free agent helping us on a side note.

The idea of Johnson starting at the point sounds bad, so I say start Pietrus at the point (for now). Yes, no Lee but Pietrus.

I expect to see the point forward Hedo more next games. (resulting in funny games)

Without Jameer this team is almost as good as last season. A decent PG should lead this team to at least the second round.

Man this sucks!

If their is one thing this has done, it has lifted expectations, were not the media darlings anymore. Back to being the good old under the radar no expectations Orlando Magic of old.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

If their is one thing this has done, it has lifted expectations, were not the media darlings anymore. Back to being the good old under the radar no expectations Orlando Magic of old.

I'm def happy about this aspect of the situation too.

In the long run this could be a good thing for us.