Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Game Thread: Magic @ Raptors 1/4/09 @ 12:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by orlando12:

I don't blame hedo.

It looks like shard just buckled under pressure...

Can't knock him too hard, cause he has hit some big 3's... But it looks like he just buckled under pressure and threw the ball to no one.

This loss is nearly entirely Hedo's fault

God, if the Magic would of just gotten a two instead of that dumb Hedo 3...

and just like I expected, SVG screwed up by not getting Lee back in. Redick's last shots all came up short, I think from fatigue.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

God, if the Magic would of just gotten a two instead of that dumb Hedo 3...

and just like I expected, SVG screwed up by not getting Lee back in. Redick's last shots all came up short, I think from fatigue.

Yeah...Or we can accept that is a meaningless regular season game and Lee was playing subpar defensively. I can't think of a better lesson than watching JJ take a late game, important while you're on the bench.

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:

I don't blame hedo.

Can't knock him too hard, cause he has hit some big 3's... But it looks like he just buckled under pressure and threw the ball to no one.

I dont think so.. Our defense wasnt stellar, especially on the perimeter.

Hedo didnt have a great night, but Lewis had some breakdowns as well.

We coasted today and got beat by a team that wanted it more than we did, plain and simple

this is the kind of game I would be all for trading Turk after...putrid putrid game on his behalf...especially coming off a 1-14 game against the Heat...I've been defending this guy all season and havent even considered trading him...but my lord...

Raptors just played above their level today, and we played below...Toronto deserved it way more than we did...allowing Parker to accumulate 12 points on back door cuts is totally inexcusable, he's very good at using screens, but c'mon...

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Stan is great coach but playing Redick on Parker down the strech and then setting up a final play for him when you have Lewis, Turk and Dwight...

J.J. played well but...I'll let you guys fill in the blanks...it's not like we're battling for best record in the East...

That was Hedo, who Parker beat on them two plays down the stretch.

Am I the only only wondering why we didn't feed Dwight at all in the last two minutes or so? He didn't even touch the ball on the offensive end after those FT attempts with 2:13 left - we should have been going to him first instead of silly shots by Hedo and others. Either we get easy points or we get points from the stripe and more fouls on Bosh (who picked up his fourth foul halfway through the 4th, I think) or Bargnani (5 fouls)...

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Stan is great coach but playing Redick on Parker down the strech and then setting up a final play for him when you have Lewis, Turk and Dwight...

J.J. played well but...I'll let you guys fill in the blanks...it's not like we're battling for best record in the East...

JJ played as well against Parker as anyone else did. He gave us good minutes, but at the end I think he was gassed out there. You wanna pin this loss on a player Junkie, do the workld a favor and single out a more worthy player than JJ. He did a good job out there today.

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:

I don't blame hedo.

Not sure why Lee sat out most of the 4th. He has been the SG down the stretch since MP's first injury. And rightfully so. Reddick played ok first few minutes he was in. But there is no reason not to put CLee back in the game.

And Hedo...I mean wth. Two horrible shots trying to be MR. 4th quarter.

--Rojogrande

...and Turk didn't even get to the FT line a single time tonight, to go with his bad decisions and shooting... at least he got to the stripe and hit a few last time against the Heat. Urgh...