Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Will Otis make a roster move? Kyler gives his 2 cents - Chat(12:00)

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

probably because he has no idea...Smith isnt giving out information about potential deals...

Don't you love when Kyler says it knows everything going on with the Magic, but when a question about what players the Magic have passed on and what players the Magic won't trade Kyler you don't hear a beep from. It really shows everyone how much he really doesn't know about the Magic.

I also sent that question in twice and it was one the questions he never answered.

And the simple truth of it all is that he doesn't know, but doesn't want you to know that.

quote:

Hi Steve, Who are some of the players the Magic have had a chance to acquire? Marcus Williams? Joe Smith?

Steve Kyler:

Welcome in to you all... happy New Years, hope you all have a safe and wonderful New Year... lets get this going...

Heath - The Magic had Javaris Crittenton done, but from what JCritt told me Otis pulled away, there are mixed reports on that - some say it was The Grizz that balked, some say it was Otis, but they had him if they truly wanted him... Chucky Atkins is still on the table, word is the Magic may not be as interested in Chucky as he is in Orlando - they could have gotten him for Brian Cook, which to me seemed like a no brainer, but they didn't make the deal.... Marcus Williams was never a serious consideration... I was told Orlando inquired about Joe Smith, Otis has since laughed off the idea - he tends to do that a lot lately - laughing at the notion he's talking trade when more than a couple of people say they have talked to him... There are deals out ther for Orlando, Otis just has to decide to pull the trigger.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

Hi Steve, Who are some of the players the Magic have had a chance to acquire? Marcus Williams? Joe Smith?

Steve Kyler:

Welcome in to you all... happy New Years, hope you all have a safe and wonderful New Year... lets get this going...

Heath - The Magic had Javaris Crittenton done, but from what JCritt told me Otis pulled away, there are mixed reports on that - some say it was The Grizz that balked, some say it was Otis, but they had him if they truly wanted him... Chucky Atkins is still on the table, word is the Magic may not be as interested in Chucky as he is in Orlando - they could have gotten him for Brian Cook, which to me seemed like a no brainer, but they didn't make the deal.... Marcus Williams was never a serious consideration... I was told Orlando inquired about Joe Smith, Otis has since laughed off the idea - he tends to do that a lot lately - laughing at the notion he's talking trade when more than a couple of people say they have talked to him... There are deals out ther for Orlando, Otis just has to decide to pull the trigger.

Yea Kyler so much bull............ none of what you posted seems to have happened except in your own dreams.

Otis like the other GM's knows better then to listen to your ideals.

quote:
Chucky Atkins is still on the table, word is the Magic may not be as interested in Chucky as he is in Orlando - they could have gotten him for Brian Cook, which to me seemed like a no brainer, but they didn't make the deal....

I don't believe this to be accurate, but if it is, Otis needs to have his head drilled so the air can escape, and then somebody should crush in like an empty can!!!

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:
Chucky Atkins is still on the table, word is the Magic may not be as interested in Chucky as he is in Orlando - they could have gotten him for Brian Cook, which to me seemed like a no brainer, but they didn't make the deal....

I don't believe this to be accurate, but if it is, Otis needs to have his head drilled so the air can escape, and then somebody should crush in like an empty can!!!

That's absolutely mind blowing if its true. Its a good trade simply based on the fact that we could dump Cook's salary.

I'd be furious if I got confirmation that we didn't dump Cookie for Atkins...a player we actually need and could shed his money.

there's no way that's true. Not in a year where we have to be considering re-signing Turk. That's about as no-brainer as it gets.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:

That's absolutely mind blowing if its true. Its a good trade simply based on the fact that we could dump Cook's salary.

Exactly! If Otis passes on any opportunity to dump his contract & save the 3.5M next year I have the exact same response.

What about a trade involving Gortat for a 4 and a backup pg?

He's becoming our biggest chip, he's expiring, and he is in a position that is thin throughout the NBA.

I sent Steve an e-mail about the Chucky think...agree with you guys...I'll let you know his response.

Back on topic...as far as making a roster move.

I think Marcin Gortat is the "Wild Card"...if we can start giving him some minutes with Dwight and see if going big like that will be effective and or if Gortat can just hold the fort when Dwight is getting a breather...we may not need to add another big.

When we have played the more physical teams like Celts, Pistons and Cavs we really haven't seen what he can bring to the table when the Heat is on...He didn't play against the Celts...we haven't played the Cavs yet...and against the physical front line the Pistons bring to the table he was not very impressive.

Here was his stat line: 5 min...0-1 from the field...Lenovo stat was -11(worst on the team)...3 personal fouls...0 rebounds...0 points...and got his shot rejected at point blank range by an undersized defender(I think).

Anyway, the point being...if Marcin can be effective either as a "4" or a back-up "5" and specifically against the physical teams that I mentioned earlier we may not need to add another big...I guess we'll see.

quote:
Originally posted by Eyriq:

I also like how he says Otis has had opportunities to improve the team as if Otis is passing up good deals. If they were such good deals than why would Otis pass them up? Yeah, there is a reason this guy is chatting and Otis is running a team.

Yeah otis really has a nack for making great trades. :/

If otis honestly had the chance to dump cook for Atkins, hes even dumber than i originally thought. That said, with his history im not sure how any of you are so sure he wouldnt decline that offer. I mean whats stupider, trading a talented young player for a bad contract, or not taking a chance to upgrade your team while getting rid of that bad contract?

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

No way we should trade Gortat. After investing years into his development, we need to re-sign him. He is young and has loads of talent.

Keep Gortat is a no brainer he scored 14 points on 6-9 shooting against the Bulls Howard had 15 points. He played for 19 minutes that is great.

The Magic will keep him and Hedo.