Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Would you trade J.J. for Grant Hill? Schmitz says Hill wants to return(Sentinel)

Considering JJ has very little hope of being in the Magic's long term plans and Hill would help us more in the now, I say I'd seriously consider it.

I am surprised at the negativity.

JJ has almost no value to us.

If we had Hill we could play Lee at PG.

why?

Because Hill is a very good ball handler, with him and Hedo Lee can play off the ball offensively which he is very good at.

This would essentially make AJ the 3rd PG and we cuold be running a lineup of Dwight/Lewis/Hedo/Hill/Lee which has great versatility.

Our bench would be much stronger as a result.

Hedo and Jameer seemed to defer to Hill way too much while he was here and he needed the ball quite a bit. He is a good passer but for whatever reason it seemed like the movement became worse when he was on the floor.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Hedo and Jameer seemed to defer to Hill way too much while he was here and he needed the ball quite a bit. He is a good passer but for whatever reason it seemed like the movement became worse when he was on the floor.

That was under Brian the Brain Hill, Not SVG

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

That was under Brian the Brain Hill, Not SVG

Very true. Maybe it would work, it still pains me to think of doing anything to help him out. Kinda hard to separate that from how he would help us.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

If Grant is willing to take 93 million laps around the Orena while yelling BELIEVE then he can come back.

But in the process his ankle turns to Jell-o leaving the magic screwed again...

On a emotional point of view, the answer is clearly NO.

Team wise, we don't need another SF right now in the way we're playing, but if we have a plan to trade Turk or not resign him, Grant would be a great backup (especially giving away only JJ)

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

I am surprised at the negativity.

JJ has almost no value to us.

If we had Hill we could play Lee at PG.

why?anything that gets A.J. off the court.

Because Hill is a very good ball handler, with him and Hedo Lee can play off the ball offensively which he is very good at.

This would essentially make AJ the 3rd PG and we cuold be running a lineup of Dwight/Lewis/Hedo/Hill/Lee which has great versatility.

Our bench would be much stronger as a result.