Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

[O-Sen] Dwight to miss tonight's game [12/15]

quote:

The Magic don't expect all-star center Dwight Howard to play tonight when the team faces the Golden State Warriors in Oakland.

He has a sore left knee. Howard has been bothered by pain in the knee a few times this season, sitting out several practices.

"It's the same irritation he's had," GM Otis Smith. "It's probably best that he just rest."

Howard missed the first game of his NBA career --- ending the league's third-longest consecutive game streak --- when he sat out Saturday night against the Uath Jazz in Salt Lake City.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2008/12/dwight-howard-1.html

quote:

The Magic don't expect all-star center Dwight Howard to play tonight when the team faces the Golden State Warriors in Oakland.

He has a sore left knee. Howard has been bothered by pain in the knee a few times this season, sitting out several practices.

"It's the same irritation he's had," GM Otis Smith. "It's probably best that he just rest."

Howard missed the first game of his NBA career --- ending the league's third-longest consecutive game streak --- when he sat out Saturday night against the Uath Jazz in Salt Lake City.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2008/12/dwight-howard-1.html

I bet he could play if really needed... Otis/SVG are probably just holding him out for the Spurs and Lakers.

Now if he sits out a third game? Then it's time to worry, because you don't sit out that long with only a "sore" knee.

Thank god!!!

I said, before we beat Utah even, that he shouldn't play this game. We are way too good to even worry about the Warriors.

He needs the rest. He will need to play thursday and Saturday.

I kidd. Anyway, get healthy soon and when is Pietrus projected to be back? Still clueless on that.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

I kidd. Anyway, get healthy soon and when is Pietrus projected to be back? Still clueless on that.

About a week