Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Need for Sheed

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

To add to the already broad list of positives that Sheed would bring, he'd be an excellent mentor to Dwight. I know they respect each other greatly.

He would be a perfect fit here, plus he always mentors D12, so why not do it as a teammate. I'd love to see Sheed here in O'Town.

the important thing about sheed is that he has more soul than anyone i've seen in a long time, it's sometimes uncontrollable, but when it hits the right spots it's worth more than what lebron is about to get paid.

One thing I've always found interesting about Rasheed is despite being a hot-head and pretty tough on the court, he actually seems like a good guy, and really seems to get along well with his teammates. Add in the weird relationship he and Dwight have, and this could be a possibility.

Sheed would be a great addition to our team, but I think he'll sign with the Bobcats, when he become a free agent. Sheed and Larry Brown have a very close relationship, plus Carolina is like his second home.

quote:
Pistons To Take Calls On Rasheed?

Many believe that the Pistons will field trade offers for forward Rasheed Wallace if the team continues to struggle.

"That's a 'Mark Cuban move,' " said an Eastern Conference executive. "Cuban would take Rasheed, no question. It would be bold, but he knows he's got to do something to spark his team."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55993/20081214/p...ke_calls_on_rasheed/

I have no idea if the numbers work or not, just thinking out loud, but do the trade linked above... we'll rent Sheed for the rest of his contract, see how far we go, then let his contract expire to bring in Chris Bosh in 2010.

I think this trade does more for us than the previous post where we send out Bogans, Cook and Hedo. However, I still don't think Otis pulls the trigger on this. I don't really see us ever being trading partners with the Pistons because both sides have too much to lose. Either way, I think this trade makes our starting 5 the best in the league without a doubt:

http://www.realgm.com/src_tradechecker/3/

quote:
Originally posted by Cuchillero:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?playe...s=8~8~8~19&te=&cash=

This would work. Would both teams go for it?

Nope, Sheed is still a very valuable piece to that team. Plus, with the always criminally underrated Prince accepting a larger role since the departure of Mr. Big shot, they have no use for Turk anyways.

We have nothing to offer Detroit, I'm afraid.

quote:

Simple answer: Yes.

Long answer: Yes, what Kramer said.

LOL and agree.

Yes to Sheed, he would really be The Answer for our team.

But the only possibility right now is signign him as a free agent, we have absolutely nothing that the Pistons would want back for him.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Cuchillero:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?playe...s=8~8~8~19&te=&cash=

This would work. Would both teams go for it?

Nope, Sheed is still a very valuable piece to that team. Plus, with the always criminally underrated Prince accepting a larger role since the departure of Mr. Big shot, they have no use for Turk anyways.

We have nothing to offer Detroit, I'm afraid.

Well if you think about it, Turkoglu would be pretty useful there. That would allow them to play a more convential line-up and bring Stuckey off the bench because of Turks ball-handling ability. Then Rip could move back to the two and Tayshaun and Hedo could run the small forward offense with maybe McDyess in the middle? Trouble is that is probably a worse starting 5 than Stucky at the two with Hamilton at the 3 so our best chance is coming through free agency

I think the guy will be traded by the deadline. Dumars is smart and he knows that Sheed is an asset, I would guess that he gets a prospect and a pick out of him.

Having said that I would love to get the guy at a reasonable price, I just don't think we are creative enough to get it done.