Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Need for Sheed

Rasheed Wallace will be a FA this summer. I think he is exactly the the type of nasty PF this team needs. Yes, he's old. Yes, he's crazy. But do you think Otis should offer him a 2-3 year deal? He would put this team over the top.

Rasheed Wallace will be a FA this summer. I think he is exactly the the type of nasty PF this team needs. Yes, he's old. Yes, he's crazy. But do you think Otis should offer him a 2-3 year deal? He would put this team over the top.

Psshhh, we don't need a deep range threat, defensive monster, rebound getting, leader who can complain and protect Dwight. Oh wait, yeah we do. He is the exact player we need and if we could some how manage to get him, we'd be the best team in the league!

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

I absolutely agree. I say we try to get him now, maybe Detroit is looking to get something for him?

Although he does have a big expiring so I'm sure there will be teams offering much more young cheap talent than us.

Or they may be planning on just letting him come off the books for some cap. In that case they may take back Hedo, Cook, and a draft pick.

If its at all possible, I want Sheed here. He is the piece we need.

Question Soul, do you think this team can win a championship as currently constructed or are you on the trade Turk wagon for as you suggested here possibly Rasheed Wallace or any other power forward that can be Dwight's bodyguard?

Sheed would be a hell of a veteran player to add next summer. I would not trade for him as it looks like Detroit will let him walk (as well as AI) for capspace to go into full rebuild mode.

His crazy years are mainly behind and all reports say he is a very good locker room guy now.

I would not break the bank at this age, but double vets min would be good.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Question Soul, do you think this team can win a championship as currently constructed?

No. I still don't think starting two SFs = championship. When MP comes back, I think we should try bringing Turk off the bench and starting TB. Moreover, I think we should see what Turk could net us on the trade market.

This is an complete no brainer. If the Magic can sign Rasheed they should most certainly do so. He would be an absolutely perfect fit for this team.

Soul, are you sure you want another power forward...?

Did you see Rashard post-up the big, burly Paul Milsap last night and back him down...? With the game on the line no-less...and I do mean he backed his big butt down...

Wow! It was impressive!!!

Do you think Rashard can do the same things Rasheed can do...? If so, why do we need him...?

quote:

Did you see Rashard post-up the big, burly Paul Milsap last night and back him down...? With the game on the line no-less...and I do mean he backed his big butt down...

Do you think Rashard can do the same things Rasheed can do...? If so, why do we need him...?

Nastier, better rebounder, almost as good an outside shooter, would not allow opponents to mess with Dwight, and last but not least, a great man-to-man defender.

Flat out emotional, another thing this team desperately needs.

Plus, I would love to yell "SHEEEED" just before he releases a three-pointer.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:

Nastier, better rebounder, almost as good an outside shooter, would not allow opponents to mess with Dwight, and last but not least, a great man-to-man defender.

Flat out emotional, another thing this team desperately needs.

Plus, I would love to yell "SHEEEED" just before he releases a three-pointer.

You wrote my answer