With out Dwight

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

Where are we ??????????

This has to be one of the more pointless questions to ask. Where is Cleveland without LeBron? Where is LA without Kobe? Get the picture?

Oh, and let's not get too worked up until we know the extent of his injuries.

We lost the game because Turk lost Grant Hill on a back door cut.

exactly

actually steve nash was blocking turk on that play if you look replay.. question should be where was jameer?

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

If we're without Dwight for an extended period, we're hoping for a lucky break in the lottery.

Griffin or bust.

Taking a page out of San Antonio's book. I like it

quote:
Originally posted by BLUEHEART:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Where are we ??????????

This has to be one of the more pointless questions to ask. Where is Cleveland without LeBron? Where is LA without Kobe? Get the picture?

exactly

actually steve nash was blocking turk on that play if you look replay.. question should be where was jameer?

Haha, good one. Little, old Steve Nash picks our 6'10 small forward out of a play and you're blaming Jameer? Hedo needs to hit the weightroom or maybe exert some non-offensive effort and not get embarrased by smaller, more Canadian players.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

quote:

He didn't lose him. It was a nice pick and a nice play.

Pardon me if I didn't get the play exactly right...if you go back and look at the context of my entire post, I was trying to talk down the guys that were worried about Dwight and how missing him cost us the game. However, I felt it came down to a series of plays vs. missing a player.

Steve Nash made Turk lose enough time to enable Grant for the layup and we keep on calling it was all Turk's fault which I see as an insult to a 2 time MVP(NASH).There, my eyes looked for Jameer but he was not there.This is the game where there can be anything in only 0.4 seconds and that was the thing Nash created and Hedo lost that much of time.It is not that Hedo is a player that can be blocked easily by Nash it just happened for half a second and that was it..ANYWAY the whole thing was about losing Dwight but somehow it turned to this discussion..You are right there LIVE OR DIE MAGIC,we should talk about what if we lose him for a long time?

quote:

actually, LA proved last year that they aren't that bad without kobe. and they didn't even had gasol back then. right now, they'd probably still make the playoffs without kobe.

to answer the OP's question, take out the best player of every team in the league and the magic would probably be one of the 3 worst teams in the league.

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Where are we ??????????

exactly

Haha, good one. Little, old Steve Nash picks our 6'10 small forward out of a play and you're blaming Jameer? Hedo needs to hit the weightroom or maybe exert some non-offensive effort and not get embarrased by smaller, more Canadian players.

Interesting perspective. Would running Nash over and commiting a foul be better? If you ever watched John Stockton play, this logic would make 90% of the NBA big men in that era soft.

Now, logically speaking...

Jeff Van Gundy, while announcing the GS/HOU game said the following after seeing a highlight of that play. "Come on Jameer Nelson, what are you doing, you gotta switch that".

Who's opinion is more likely to be accurate?

It was a terrible defensive play on both their parts. I'm not convinced Jameer switching would've accomplished much since by that point Hill was a solid 2 steps ahead of Hedo and Jameer, who was playing Nash tight for obvious reasons, and the passing lane would've likely still been there for Amare anyway. He still should've switched, I'm just not sure it would've accomplished anything.

Watching the play again, Hedo was beat before the pick occurred. Nash got there with the pick late, and had Hedo not already been a step behind him, he could've plowed straight through Nash, and it would've been a moving pick. It just barely wasn't anyway.

The other question continues to be where the weak side help was.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

It was a terrible defensive play on both their parts. I'm not convinced Jameer switching would've accomplished much since by that point Hill was a solid 2 steps ahead of Hedo and Jameer, who was playing Nash tight for obvious reasons, and the passing lane would've likely still been there for Amare anyway. He still should've switched, I'm just not sure it would've accomplished anything.

Watching the play again, Hedo was beat before the pick occurred. Nash got there with the pick late, and had Hedo not already been a step behind him, he could've plowed straight through Nash, and it would've been a moving pick. It just barely wasn't anyway.

The other question continues to be where the weak side help was.

a well written post and briefly explained.Bingo DOM..

quote:
Originally posted by Shakaho:

When Dwight left, we were behind by 7. We lost by one. To me, that means we did well without Dwight, and certainly would have won with him.

I agree. We lost by 1 point, on the road, with our franchise player out for most of the second half. It wasn't a blowout. The sky is not falling.