Sign in to follow this  
SmackDaddy

Remaining trades:

quote:
quote:

Originally posted by Howard:

How about JJ, Hedo, Cook for Amare? News is that Amare is the next one out of Phoenix.

quote:
you have to start with dwight...

no thx

exactly...

Wouldn't mind trading Hedo right now at all.

His shot selection is horrible. He's turning the ball over like crazy. His mediocre defense is even worse this year.

We need a friggin PF so that we don't get outrebounded every game.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

His shot selection is horrible. He's turning the ball over like crazy. His mediocre defense is even worse this year.

Smack, I've proposed a Turk-Okur swap a few times, but no-one is answering to that, so I don't know if it's considered a bad deal, a impossible deal, or something else.

My points are:

- Utah has a lot of PF and not enough money to resign them all (Okur could terminate his contract this year like Hedo)

- Okur is not a great defender by any means, but Hedo is not too. At least Okur has size, takes more rebounds and he could shot the three so we don't have to change our style so much. And he has quite a history of last second shots (another Mr. Fourth quarter???)

Clearly, we would need to have a verbal agreement with him for a extension... but this is going too far.

What you think about him?

quote:
Originally posted by CRAZY SERB:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

I know its too early to tell, but I think sooner or later,Portland will have a lot of trouble keeping heir core together. Sure they have 12 million expiring contract but would they be willing enough to go over the cap and offer guys like Oden the max when their contract is up?

Their owner, Paul Allen is the co-founder of Microsoft, he owns the Seahawks, and 2 of the biggest yachts in the world, each worth about as much as a small market franchise. No worries.

I agree with Fendi's point, if not his reasoning. I would guess that at some point a low talent team is going to offer a player like Aldridge a ridiculous deal thinking that he can be a first banana for them, and then the Blazers are going to have serious problems keeping players together without giving out very large contracts to non-allstars.

nobody's going to touch portland's talents. nobody will offer them as much money as portland can and will if necessary. oden, aldridge, roy aren't going anywhere. they'd be stupid if they lose batum and rudy, bayless and webster will only leave if somebody offers them a huge deal. portland has (one of) the best ownership, the best GM (and it's not even close), the best young coach and a very talented young team where everybody fits in perfectly. they just need to find a PG. i can see a boring dynasty coming. only injuries can stop them.

That was an impressive overreaction to a team that's never been to the playoffs and only has one all-star caliber player. A dynasty? Only injuries can stop them? Seriously? Shouldn't we wait until they actually do something before we cancel the next 10 seasons?

quote:

The problem is that Hedo has dragged his value through the mud.

As much as everybody likes to commend Battie for his professional, blue collar efforts...last night when Dwight left the game, Battie was getting outhustled and outworked to every single rebound and loose ball. He looked pretty pathetic out there actually.

quote:

As much as everybody likes to commend Battie for his professional, blue collar efforts...last night when Dwight left the game, Battie was getting outhustled and outworked to every single rebound and loose ball. He looked pretty pathetic out there actually.

True, but clearly Tony is not Dwight, and for him playing alone in the middle of the paint it's a difficult task, he can't handle all the things you have to do when no other big body is playing with you.

I like Battie more when he plays together with Howard, and I would like to see him paired with Marcin sometimes.

Smack, Drunk and anybody else that's on the trade Hedo for a power forward wagon...I never thought I'd say this because Turk has hit so many big shots for us and he usually makes good decisions with the ball in his hands but...he is not getting it done this year.

His PER of 13.77 is barely above Bogans and when you take into account the amount of time he has the ball in his hands...well, you get the picture.

His defense has already been documented in the previous posts here...man, his shooting percentage of 38%, for as much as he shoots...ouch!

Although Battie has had some good games for us this year I agree with your assesment of him last night, Smack.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/players/hollinger?playerId=862

So you guys are jumping on the "trade hedo" bandwagon? Well i'll I can say is welocme aboard. Hop on now before it gets to crowded. I like Hedo a lot, but my god something has to change. Either take the ball out of his hands and make him a role player again, or package him to fill our needs.

4-18 from the field, 2-7 from 3, 3 assists vs 3 t/o's. We'll hang on till there is no value left because it's more important to not risk messing up chemistry than to try and improve the team and win a title, as though there is no way to find rebounding help that fits in with the team chemistry.