Sign in to follow this  
SmackDaddy

Remaining trades:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=10910

"The Magic: The Orlando Magic have been in the market for a third point guard, but it is clear in their lack of action with names like Antonio Daniels and Mike James already having been moved that Magic GM Otis Smith is not looking at anything splashy. Talks with the Denver Nuggets regarding Chucky Atkins seem to be stalled or outright dead, and long coveted Javaris Crittenton is now off the market. Brian Cook seems to be the asset the Magic would consider moving. Cook's $3.5 million contract is not going to return much in terms of marquee level talent, but Smith has been clear he is not looking for anyone that would upset the apple cart in terms of "needing" minutes, the ideal candidate would be happy to be the third guard, yet capable if injury strikes

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=10910

"The Magic: The Orlando Magic have been in the market for a third point guard, but it is clear in their lack of action with names like Antonio Daniels and Mike James already having been moved that Magic GM Otis Smith is not looking at anything splashy. Talks with the Denver Nuggets regarding Chucky Atkins seem to be stalled or outright dead, and long coveted Javaris Crittenton is now off the market. Brian Cook seems to be the asset the Magic would consider moving. Cook's $3.5 million contract is not going to return much in terms of marquee level talent, but Smith has been clear he is not looking for anyone that would upset the apple cart in terms of "needing" minutes, the ideal candidate would be happy to be the third guard, yet capable if injury strikes

The Blazers better hope that D-Miles doesn't sign with the Clippers, because Miles remaining salary would count against the Blazers' salary cap if he played in 10 or more games this season.

I know its too early to tell, but I think sooner or later,Portland will have a lot of trouble keeping heir core together. Sure they have 12 million expiring contract but would they be willing enough to go over the cap and offer guys like Oden the max when their contract is up?

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

I know its too early to tell, but I think sooner or later,Portland will have a lot of trouble keeping heir core together. Sure they have 12 million expiring contract but would they be willing enough to go over the cap and offer guys like Oden the max when their contract is up?

Their owner, Paul Allen is the co-founder of Microsoft, he owns the Seahawks, and 2 of the biggest yachts in the world, each worth about as much as a small market franchise. No worries.

Smack, you should ask our mutual friend about a certain Magic scouts opinion of Prichard, & Gabe's role in the building of that team. Interesting.

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

Don't we still have a trade exception, or am I taking crazy pills?

It's not all that useful when you are like 1.5 under the luxury tax threshold & refuse to go over it.

Every time I read that Cook is the "asset" Otis would like to trade I think to myself, well, NY & Indy would rather trade Starbury & Tinsley than eat their contracts 2, but trading Cook for a servicable player is about 2.5% more likely.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

Their owner, Paul Allen is the co-founder of Microsoft, he owns the Seahawks, and 2 of the biggest yachts in the world, each worth about as much as a small market franchise. No worries.

I agree with Fendi's point, if not his reasoning. I would guess that at some point a low talent team is going to offer a player like Aldridge a ridiculous deal thinking that he can be a first banana for them, and then the Blazers are going to have serious problems keeping players together without giving out very large contracts to non-allstars.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

Don't we still have a trade exception, or am I taking crazy pills?

It's not all that useful when you are like 1.5 under the luxury tax threshold & refuse to go over it.

Every time I read that Cook is the "asset" Otis would like to trade I think to myself, well, NY & Indy would rather trade Starbury & Tinsley than eat their contracts 2, but trading Cook for a servicable player is about 2.5% more likely.

If we can trade Ariza for Cook and Evans, I'm sure we could get someone halfway decent for Cook/Bogans. Some GM has to wake up with the intent on tanking the season.