Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

NBA chat with a Coach(Mike Moreau)...not a writer(12:00)

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:
Geoffrey in Orlando, FL:

Can the Magic beat the Cavaliers or Celtics in the playoffs?

Mike Moreau:

Not in a best of 7 series. No way. No how. No chance. Geoffrey, you must let go of this fantasy right now.

Might as well tank the season.

That was my point in asking that question where I quoted him from his last week chat. It's a contradiction, you can't win as is, so you do nothing? We need to assess what is happening? A trained chimp with a keyboard can assess what is going on and even if he couldn't Stan has already come out in the papers and said we need to get better on the boards.

I would venture to say Moreau's strength isn't assembling a team, but assessing skills and match-ups.

His talk about Little Country (Spider-Man) was very good.

Cleveland stays being overrated. And its not that they're not a good team - but they're not beating anybody worth mentioning. Not that our SOS has been off the charts, but I'd save the Cleveland "no way no how" talks until we both show what we have against better teams.

quote:

Derek in Palm Beach, FL:

Are you guys getting sick of answering questions about a player as irrelevant as JJ Redick yet?

Mike Moreau:

I'm about JJ'd out. Are you tired of reading them?

quote:

Tyler in St. Louis, MO:

Courtney Lee worked out with you guys this summer at IMG. He has been playing well - his defense is outstanding! What kind of career could we expect from him? Quality starter? Monta Ellis-esque 6th man? Future wingman for Dwight?

Mike Moreau:

All of the above. He's not only talented, but has great character, humility and appreciation for what he has, as well as a work ethic and coachability that is a model for every young player coming into the league. Dwight's got his back, and with time, Courtney will have his.

quote:

Derek in :

Courtney Lee won't get mentioned for the ROY award, but Mayo and Rose might want to take notes regarding the lock down man D this kid plays. He's a versatile scorer as well. Orlando finally made a nice draft selection. YEAH!

Mike Moreau:

Funny, fans in Orlando said, "Huh?" when they drafted him. SVG knows what he likes in a player, and Courtney has that. Maybe the JJ Redick questions will now cease.

quote:

JJ Redick in On the bench:

Why does Stan hate me?

Mike Moreau:

JJ - I love you as a person. Stan

quote:

Derek in Palm Beach, FL:

Please tell me that Otis working on the acquisition of a player like Nick Collison. Please.

Mike Moreau:

Otis has to be careful not to upset the apple cart by taking away a key element and adding a foreign object. It's tricky and dangerous. They will make a move if they think it gets them into the Boston - Cleveland class.

Derek in Palm Beach and Tyler in Saint Louis...you are the MAN!!!

It s nice to see you back junkie/smack. You talk about a fairweather fan!!! Only when you two boys get the print you come back. Your strange bird. What happens when they get benched again? Go away? Mike Moreau???? Dif deeper maybe you can find someone with an opinion that counts. Surely not yours, his or mine.

quote:
Originally posted by futuremg:

It s nice to see you back junkie/smack. You talk about a fairweather fan!!! Only when you two boys get the print you come back. Your strange bird. What happens when they get benched again? Go away? Mike Moreau???? Dif deeper maybe you can find someone with an opinion that counts. Surely not yours, his or mine.

ROFL !!

So let me get this straight. Someone that has posted 18 times over 20 months is calling others "fair weather fans" ?!?!?!

Let me guess (and I'm not going to bother checking). I'm betting at least 75% of those posts were JJ related.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:
Originally posted by futuremg:

ROFL !!

So let me get this straight. Someone that has posted 18 times over 20 months is calling others "fair weather fans" ?!?!?!

Let me guess (and I'm not going to bother checking). I'm betting at least 75% of those posts were JJ related.

Nah, he's probably some guy that has better things to do than us and only posts every once in a while..

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

Nah, he's probably some guy that has better things to do than us and only posts every once in a while..

Are you suggesting he has a life? Now I'm jealous of him, and am his own personal fair weather fan.