Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

...we need that other PG**with update from Kyler Grizz and Magic info update pg 5

quote:
Marcus Williams: Former Nets' top pick not happy in Golden State, and vice-versa. Warriors didn't even pick up his option. He might be the type of young guy that would appeal to Otis Smith, given Anthony Johnson is 34.

I'll rather trade for Williams than Crittenton. Otis let make it happen.

I'd love a trade here

Bogans and Cook for

Crittenton/Lowrry & Warrick

That's a no brainer in my opinion.

I prefer to keeo JJ as he can offer instant offense, or at the least, court spacing.

Bogans, just doesn't do anything for me.

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan-Aussie Magic:

I'd love a trade here

Bogans and Cook for

Crittenton/Lowrry & Warrick

That's a no brainer in my opinion.

I prefer to keeo JJ as he can offer instant offense, or at the least, court spacing.

Bogans, just doesn't do anything for me.

IMO JJ & Cook for those 2 is a no brainer as well. Id make either move. I guess as of late with the way JJ has been playing id rather trade Bogans because I think hes kind of a slighty worse version of Pietrus while JJ is unique.

Either way, i am one of the ones enamoured with Crittentons potential. I still think he could be a good starting PG in this league. Warrick has a lot of skill too and would be great coming off the bench here.

I cant imagine memphis doing this deal though unless we add a pick

Good video of Javaris when he was in LA playing against GS. Shows to me a guy who his a 2 with good ball handling skills. Didnt see much in the way of assists besides a layup and know idea what the kid can do on D. Looks alot like Keyon on the court to me.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

It's funny how I read through this whole thread from page 4 and could anticipate what was gonna be said on the next page. Although Redick losing the Houston game is a new one.

Critt for Redick straight up.. I'd have a problem with doing that right this second, I would of wanted Redick to show his stuff for 2 or 3 weeks to see if we can start getting some more trade options for this guy than just one.

Now Critt & Warrick for J.J. & Cook... now we're talking. The difference between Warrick and Cook is night and day. Cook just doesn't have any intangibles. His version of defense is fouling, he can't dribble more than twice in a row... he truly is the black Pat Garrity, right down to his 3.5 million dollar contract. Although at least Garrity would go hustle for some rebounds.

Anyway, I've got a problem with putting in that first round pick. Now that's just Memphis trying to rake us over the coals. I think Redick has finally shown himself to be a solid backup 2-guard in this league since preseason, and has made a Warrick/Critt - Redick/Cook trade fair, straight up. If memphis wants us to throw in a first, they need to be throwing in a Lowry (or Conley, but they're far too high on him) instead of Critt.

I don't want upside/potential mysteries for first round picks. And no, I don't care that we have a TE. Having the ability to get another pick doesn't justify throwing the pick we have away.

That being said, I think this is all overreaction. We don't need to panic and trade.

So if I hear or read:

1. "The Orlando Magic have signed [insert halfway decent street FA here] with the vet minimum to be their third point guard."

or

2. "The Orlando Magic have traded J.J. Redick and Brian Cook to the Memphis Grizzlies for Hakim Warrick and Javaris Crittenton."

or

3. "The Orlando Magic have traded J.J. Redick, Brian Cook, and their 1st Round Pick in the 2009 NBA Draft to the Memphis Grizzlies for Hakim Warrick and Kyle Lowry (or Conley)."

-then I'll be happy. Anything else, I'll bang my head against the computer. By the way, don't bother trying to change my mind, I've already seen 14 pages of opinions. I just figured I'd throw my 2 cents in there, for whatever its worth.

my thoughts exactly.

^^ This trade would eliminate any chance of a good PG trade happening. I dont personally think its a good deal for Portland but maybe they put a lot of value into conleys relationship with oden.

The way Conley is playing i think they could wait another year and get him for almost nothing but thats their call.

Maybe we could get involved...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?playe...9~22~19~22&te=&cash=

or

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?playe...9~22~22~22&te=&cash=

id love that 2nd deal