Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

...we need that other PG**with update from Kyler Grizz and Magic info update pg 5

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:

quote:

Well if they're not comfrtable with Lee at the point, than I can't see how they'd feel comfortable with Critt.

How do we know what Critt is capable of? I don't know but I would imagine that they have scouts that have a good idea. Right now he's behind Lowry that plays well and Conley who they spent a high pick on, maybe the guy can play, maybe he can't. When he played against us he came in and attacked the basket and played with energy, I don't think that would be a bad thing to have.

We don't know. That's the point.

Trading assests for a guy that wears a suit in Memphis doesn't sound like a great idea to me.

We don't need to make a trade just so we can groom someone for the future. We're in the business of winning right now. Getting guys to groom is what the draft is for. We're not a young rebuilding team anymore.

What are we giving up? Getting guys to groom is what the draft is for but how is our track record? It's not like Warrick or Critt are in their 30's, they are young guys. If we are talking about trading JJ and Cook, what are they going to turn into? Even if you include a pick our pick is going to be in the 20's, what are we getting there? Probably a guy like Critt or Warrick.

But if we give up a 1st round pick, we most likely would lose Warrick to the free agent market. That why I don't really like this trade, if Memphis would've pick up the option on Warrick contract, then it would make sense to give up a 1st round pick.

I could be wrong here but I think options have to be picked up by October 31st.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well if they're not comfrtable with Lee at the point, than I can't see how they'd feel comfortable with Critt.

How do we know what Critt is capable of? I don't know but I would imagine that they have scouts that have a good idea. Right now he's behind Lowry that plays well and Conley who they spent a high pick on, maybe the guy can play, maybe he can't. When he played against us he came in and attacked the basket and played with energy, I don't think that would be a bad thing to have.

We don't know. That's the point.

Trading assests for a guy that wears a suit in Memphis doesn't sound like a great idea to me.

We don't need to make a trade just so we can groom someone for the future. We're in the business of winning right now. Getting guys to groom is what the draft is for. We're not a young rebuilding team anymore.

What are we giving up? Getting guys to groom is what the draft is for but how is our track record? It's not like Warrick or Critt are in their 30's, they are young guys. If we are talking about trading JJ and Cook, what are they going to turn into? Even if you include a pick our pick is going to be in the 20's, what are we getting there? Probably a guy like Critt or Warrick.

But if we give up a 1st round pick, we most likely would lose Warrick to the free agent market. That why I don't really like this trade, if Memphis would've pick up the option on Warrick contract, then it would make sense to give up a 1st round pick.

I could be wrong here but I think options have to be picked up by October 31st.

Yeah, that why I said if Memphis would've pick up the option on Warrick contract.

quote:

Is someone going to over pay for the guy in the year before the big FA bonanza? If we did let him walk we free up 5 mill in cap space next offseason (Bogans and Warrick). If we are concerned about losing an asset for nothing, what is going to happen next year with JJ? Anyone think he is going to resign here?

quote:

And Cook's contract will be an asset because teams are clearing space for 2010.

First, Cook doesn't have an expiring contract this year. He has a player option. Second, we don't have any other expiring contracts to package him with, so I doubt his 3.5 mil contract is all that attractive for reducing cap space substantially enough to target a max player.

Now if the Magic were fielding offer for Cook plus our TE, that would be another story. But even then we'de be required to take 2 players while also including a pick ourselves.

Warrick and Critt are still two young, talented, affordable players that would look great coming off our bench (especially considering we have no bench).

quote:

If we are concerned about losing an asset for nothing, what is going to happen next year with JJ? Anyone think he is going to resign here?

You mean after next year? We picked up JJ's option for next year.

Sorry truth I read that wrong. I thought you said would not would've.

Smack do not forget that Battie and AJ will have expirings next season as well. That is about 11 million in expirings if combined with Cook.

Now I would still do the Critt/Warrick deal for Bogans or JJ/Cook but we do have a little more to work with next season.

quote:

True, but this will create more cap space to resign Hedo or another player, considering that Cook will probably take the player option in his contract.

I like this deal even if I was never sold on Critt, but I'm in line with Dav, right now is better to find a FA or a D-Leaguer, it's only a ten days injury.

quote:

quote:

Is someone going to over pay for the guy in the year before the big FA bonanza? If we did let him walk we free up 5 mill in cap space next offseason (Bogans and Warrick). If we are concerned about losing an asset for nothing, what is going to happen next year with JJ? Anyone think he is going to resign here?

Probably not overpay, but some teams would come with a decent offer, and most likely it will be more than we can offer him, since Hedo will be are main target this summer.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

If we are concerned about losing an asset for nothing, what is going to happen next year with JJ? Anyone think he is going to resign here?

You mean after next year? We picked up JJ's option for next year.

Sorry about that, that is what I meant. I seriously doubt the guy see's himself here long term even if he has worked his way into the rotation.

Drain-o good point, if we kept Cook it adds up. 3.5, Tony at 6.2, JJ at 2.8. I wonder how much the cap works out to be for 2010? If they let Bogans expire, use his salary to give Turk a raise we could have money to spend. Problem is we have a lot of roster spots to fill.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Anybody that wants to pump Kyler for some more info he's got a 2:00 PM chat today...I'm sure he's checking with his contacts in Memphis and O-Town...get your questions in now...it'll get a better chance of being answered:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?CHAT_TOPICS_ID=65

I already sent one. Hopefully that idiot Jim from Orlando doesn't overwhelm him with the JJ questions again.