Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

NBA CHAT WITH BILL INGRAM - Hoopsworld

quote:
Jim in Orlando, Fla.:

Bill, I though the Magic could have beaten the Rockets if Stan weren't trying to showcase/get J.J. some experience. Bogans hurt his wrist, J.J. was tentative to shoot because of earlier misses, why didn't Lee or Pietrus play in the 4th?

Bill Ingram:

I think the best thing for the Magic long-term is for JJ to get his trade. That said, I think the reason Stan left him in was because he was doing a nice job of attacking the rim and getting to the foul line. That's something he needs to consistently add to his game. Even the best shooters go through dry spells and they still have to find ways to score.

quote:
Jim in Orlando, Fla.:

Hey Bill, what did you think of J.J.'s defense Sat. when he wasn't gaurding Barry? When he got caught in switch situations? When Stan inexplicably put him on T-Mac? Then he started hesitating with open looks. Some Magic fans thought he did well. You?

Bill Ingram:

Good Morning, and welcome to the chat!

I really thought his defense on Barry was stunning!!! Oh, wait . . .Brent hasn't hit a shot all season. Seriously, though, JJ is showing that he deserves to be a part of the rotation - if not in Orlando, somewhere else. His defense isn't as bad as people say and he's learning to help the team in other ways, too.

Jim in Orlando, Fla.:

Let me put it this way, some guy got thrown out of the game Sat. because he was yelling at Stan constantly to put C. Lee in the game everytime J.J. got beaten to the basket in pic situations. B. Barry was his only decent match-up, agree?

quote:
Jim in Orlando, Fla.:

Let me put it this way, some guy got thrown out of the game Sat. because he was yelling at Stan constantly to put C. Lee in the game everytime J.J. got beaten to the basket in pic situations. B. Barry was his only decent match-up, agree?

Bill Ingram:

Courtney is clearly the better defender, but he's tentative with his shot. He's working on that . . .coach has been telling him to shoot the ball more. My gut feeling is we're going to see a lot of JJ until a trade goes down and then it will be all Lee off the bench.

quote:
How about the play of Jameer Nelson, he has really been stepping up? Do you see a trade coming with Stan van Gundy seeming to play more of the bench players like cook lately?

Bill Ingram:

I've been seeing a trade coming for months . . .JJ's going to find a new home. Stan told Cook to get in shape and he did, which means he'll get a chance now. And yes - I love Jameer's game. We knew it would come around!

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?CHAT_TOPICS_ID=62

quote:
Jim in Orlando, Fla.:

Bill, I though the Magic could have beaten the Rockets if Stan weren't trying to showcase/get J.J. some experience. Bogans hurt his wrist, J.J. was tentative to shoot because of earlier misses, why didn't Lee or Pietrus play in the 4th?

Bill Ingram:

I think the best thing for the Magic long-term is for JJ to get his trade. That said, I think the reason Stan left him in was because he was doing a nice job of attacking the rim and getting to the foul line. That's something he needs to consistently add to his game. Even the best shooters go through dry spells and they still have to find ways to score.

quote:
Jim in Orlando, Fla.:

Hey Bill, what did you think of J.J.'s defense Sat. when he wasn't gaurding Barry? When he got caught in switch situations? When Stan inexplicably put him on T-Mac? Then he started hesitating with open looks. Some Magic fans thought he did well. You?

Bill Ingram:

Good Morning, and welcome to the chat!

I really thought his defense on Barry was stunning!!! Oh, wait . . .Brent hasn't hit a shot all season. Seriously, though, JJ is showing that he deserves to be a part of the rotation - if not in Orlando, somewhere else. His defense isn't as bad as people say and he's learning to help the team in other ways, too.

Jim in Orlando, Fla.:

quote:
Jim in Orlando, Fla.:

Bill Ingram:

Courtney is clearly the better defender, but he's tentative with his shot. He's working on that . . .coach has been telling him to shoot the ball more. My gut feeling is we're going to see a lot of JJ until a trade goes down and then it will be all Lee off the bench.

quote:
How about the play of Jameer Nelson, he has really been stepping up? Do you see a trade coming with Stan van Gundy seeming to play more of the bench players like cook lately?

Bill Ingram:

I've been seeing a trade coming for months . . .JJ's going to find a new home. Stan told Cook to get in shape and he did, which means he'll get a chance now. And yes - I love Jameer's game. We knew it would come around!

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?CHAT_TOPICS_ID=62

I never put much stock into what these guys say. He said there's a trade coming in three of those answers eventhough he has no evidence. These guys are the kings of speculation. No facts. No real answer. Just another opinion from another writer.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

I never put much stock into what these guys say. He said there's a trade coming in three of those answers eventhough he has no evidence. These guys are the kings of speculation. No facts. No real answers, just another opinion from another writer.

It's the double benefit of no one paying much attention to you. You can make seemingly any outlandish prediction you want; if you're right, you're Nostradamus, and if you're wrong no one will remember.

I would think that I should start making outlandish predictions in CotM so people would actually read it, but I already did that in my awesome season preview edition, and no one read that either.

i dont see a trade coming until the deadline. and even if there is a trade-i dont think redick is the one getting traded. he is worth what we are paying him...could be worth more if his shots start falling. hes a bargain. bogans has the more attractive contract.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

bunny-yawn.jpg

is that really what a rabbits mouth looks like? holy moly...that would be the creepiest way to get eaten next to maybe an octopus.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

I never put much stock into what these guys say. He said there's a trade coming in three of those answers eventhough he has no evidence. These guys are the kings of speculation. No facts. No real answers, just another opinion from another writer.

It's the double benefit of no one paying much attention to you. You can make seemingly any outlandish prediction you want; if you're right, you're Nostradamus, and if you're wrong no one will remember.

I would think that I should start making outlandish predictions in CotM so people would actually read it, but I already did that in my awesome season preview edition, and no one read that either.

I happen to have very reliable sources that tell me we're trading Brian Cook and JJ Redick for a the first season of lost on dvd, and a box of Aunt Jemima pancake mix.

As you can see I wrote it and I have sources so, it's cleary fact.

quote:

quote:

quote:

I happen to have very reliable sources that tell me we're trading Brian Cook and JJ Redick for a the first season of lost on dvd, and a box of Aunt Jemima pancake mix.

So that would break down as a JJ - Lost and Cook for food deal?

Seems like we're getting equal value, not sure why the trade needs to be made. Might as well trade Dwight for the actual Superman, or Rashard for Bill Gates.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

quote:

quote:

quote:

So that would break down as a JJ - Lost and Cook for food deal?

Seems like we're getting equal value, not sure why the trade needs to be made. Might as well trade Dwight for the actual Superman, or Rashard for Bill Gates.

Isn't Cook food just in a different container? It ultimately ends up there doesn't it?

Kberto can the pancake mix shoot the 3?