quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by leissaK:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by leissaK:

A few good games in a row isn't considered consistent anyway.

Give us a number then. How many games does he have to play well before he's allowed a bad game? Give us a specific number. I'm dying to hear your opinion on this.

****, I can't express my opinion on here without everyone freaking out.

I don't have a specific number, I am just tired of getting my hopes up on Jameer finally being a great player and then being let down. After the let downs its just harder for me to trust Jameer and consider him a consistent player, that's all.

lol... relax.. no one is freaking out...

LMAO. That had me laughing for a good while.

Jameer has been consistent of lately. I really call a player consistent when they have at least 7 great games out of 10. So far, Jameer has been hot every since the loss against Portland where he committed a turnover by literally handing the Trailblazers the ball. That is called choking and I haven't seen that out of him lately. He's playing like a man on a mission and hitting shots he was hitting during his second year with Orlando.

The recent loss doesn't slow him down a bit but he has two or so games before I really acknowledge him for his improvements.

i'm very glad with how's he's playing, of course he's undersized, he's making up for it by out shooting, and out muscling other pg's, remember how light weight pg's are, and then realize that jameer could probably be a running back, i'm happy with his physical play, he should shove a few guys to get the point across, he gets called for the ticky tack fouls either way, might as well make a few count, i want to see more fire out there.

I think something can be said for Jameer's defense as well. He will never be a lockdown defender but he has done a much better job of keeping his guy in front of him or funneling him towards the help defense. I think Pietrus has had more blow bys this year than Jameer has.

I think Jameer is doing better than last year. Due to the number of good scorers we have, he still has to better mold into the role of distributing and attacking the basket.

In addition, the whole team focus this year seems to have shifted to a defensive start to the season (which I like very much). Last year's start was mostly offensive minded.

MA

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

i'm very glad with how's he's playing, of course he's undersized, he's making up for it by out shooting, and out muscling other pg's, remember how light weight pg's are, and then realize that jameer could probably be a running back, i'm happy with his physical play, he should shove a few guys to get the point across, he gets called for the ticky tack fouls either way, might as well make a few count, i want to see more fire out there.

This could be said for the entire team, and I blame ownership...

I've been one of Jameer's biggest critics and I've been very impressed with his play the past 3 games. He's been playing like a true PG for the first time in his career imo.

He's been seeing the floor & anticipating the defense. He's been setting up scorers and delivering passes in rhythem. For the first time, I think he's showing real promise as a facilitator and distributor.

I hope this injury doesn't knock him off track because I think he was getting into a real good groove.

I had no idea about the injury and it doesn't seem to be bad, since I heard nothing of it at the game.

All I know is that in the first quarter, since AJ played most of the 2nd, Jameer had our offense going in rythm better than I had seen all year, and wasn't even scoring the ball.

To be honest, I think his shooting was a little off, but the assists were huge, it was like he was the catalyst to all our points, and made everybody, not named Dwight(foul trouble), look Amazing!

Oh and, we played awful in the second half, and we absolutely need Jameer back, or we are losing on Wednesday vs Philly.

You thought not having Hedo was bad, this will be worse. No way AJ plays more than he did tonight, and you would see Hedo have to just step up and take over for any chance of a win.

O-Sen said he could be out a week or more.

I don't think this will mess up his game when he does make it back. The big difference is that he has changed how he approaches the game. Rather than being conservative and trying to get teammates involved, he pushes to score, and uses that to set up his teammates. He really is a Tony Parker-esque PG.