Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Off Topic Question: 2010 Free Agent Class

now, this is interesting and it's not just the 2010 offseason. i just asked myself who the top players will be in the future and where they could end up.

1st tier:

Derrick Rose - Chicago Bulls, expires 2012 (rookie contract)

LeBron James - Cleveland Cavaliers, expires 2010

Dwyane Wade - Miami Heat, expires 2010

Chris Paul - New Orleans Hornets, expires 2012

Dwight Howard - Orlando Magic, expires 2012

Greg Oden - Portland Trailblazers, expires 2011 (rookie contract)

Chris Bosh - Toronto Raptors, expires 2010

2nd tier:

Carmelo Anthony - Denver Nuggets, expires 2011

Andrew Bynum - LA Lakers, expires 2012

OJ Mayo - Memphis Grizzlies, expires 2012 (rookie contract)

Al Jefferson - Minnesota Timberwolves, expires 2013

Kevin Durant - Oklahoma City Thunder, expires 2011 (rookie contract)

Brandon Roy - Portland Trailblazers, expires 2010 (rookie contract)

Deron Williams - Utah Jazz, expires 2012

now, we see that the 2010 free agency will be very strong but the 2012 FA won't be any weaker.

after the lewis & nelson disasters i don't see any of those guys in orlando. i more worried to see dwight leaving orlando in 2012

quote:
Originally posted by CRAZY SERB:

now, this is interesting and it's not just the 2010 offseason. i just asked myself who the top players will be in the future and where they could end up.

1st tier:

Derrick Rose - Chicago Bulls, expires 2012 (rookie contract)

LeBron James - Cleveland Cavaliers, expires 2010

Dwyane Wade - Miami Heat, expires 2010

Chris Paul - New Orleans Hornets, expires 2012

Dwight Howard - Orlando Magic, expires 2012

Greg Oden - Portland Trailblazers, expires 2011 (rookie contract)

Chris Bosh - Toronto Raptors, expires 2010

2nd tier:

Carmelo Anthony - Denver Nuggets, expires 2011

Andrew Bynum - LA Lakers, expires 2012

OJ Mayo - Memphis Grizzlies, expires 2012 (rookie contract)

Al Jefferson - Minnesota Timberwolves, expires 2013

Kevin Durant - Oklahoma City Thunder, expires 2011 (rookie contract)

Brandon Roy - Portland Trailblazers, expires 2010 (rookie contract)

Deron Williams - Utah Jazz, expires 2012

now, we see that the 2010 free agency will be very strong but the 2012 FA won't be any weaker.

after the lewis & nelson disasters i don't see any of those guys in orlando. i more worried to see dwight leaving orlando in 2012

I'm pretty sure you're a year short on your Chris Paul/Deron Williams contracts(unless they have ETOs the last year, which is possible).

Your "point" about the Magic's cap space in 2012 is one I won't address, but I would really love to hear a justification of why Derrick Rose and Greg Oden are 1st tier and Deron "I'm the second best point guard on the planet" Williams is second tier.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Are you willing to deal Shard and 2 1st round picks for a rental of LeBron and a chance to re-sign him?

In a heartbeat!

I've already expressed in numerous other threads that i would trade Shard for just about anybody to rid our team of his contract. Two future 1st round picks have very little value if you pair Dwight with Lebron. We would be a perrenial top 2 NBA team, and that is when you can be guaranteed that every vet in the NBA will quickly relocate to Disneyland for pennies.

Lebron in Orlando playing next to Dwight would not be a rental. it would be a match made in heaven that would bring 5-8 NBA championships to C FL.

Remember last years all-star game?! No disagreement on that trade. The only missing peace after that would be Jason Kidd.

the cavs won't trade lebron...it's a media nightmare. If he leaves, he's the bad guy. LBJ and Wade won't be on the same team, LBJ and Bosh won't be on the same team. Wade and Bosh on the same team is a small possibility, but very slim. That is the kind of thing players do at the end of their careers, not when they're about to make major $.

People also tend to ignore that NY would have to make A LOT of moves to get anywhere near far enough under the cap to sign these guys. Don't say sign and trade either because no team is going to take on a bad contract w/ their franchise player walking out the door.

All these guys will probably stay with their teams, but if i had to pick the most likely to leave, it would be bosh.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

I'm pretty sure you're a year short on your Chris Paul/Deron Williams contracts(unless they have ETOs the last year, which is possible).

Your "point" about the Magic's cap space in 2012 is one I won't address, but I would really love to hear a justification of why Derrick Rose and Greg Oden are 1st tier and Deron "I'm the second best point guard on the planet" Williams is second tier.

yeah, paul and williams do have ETOs. only melo and i think al jefferson don't have it. btw, i just realized that i made a mistake. dwight has an ETO in 2011.

now, williams vs. rose, oden... right now williams is better than both of them and it's not even close but i don't think he's in the same league as are the 1st tier players (besides the 2 rookies). rose impressed me so far, i could even see him becoming better than CP3 and oden looks really huge out there. if he stays healthy he could reach the hype he got before the draft and become the franchise center everybody was talking about. by 2012 both of them could be better than deron who really is great, no doubt about that.

It's only me, or all this "waiting game" for summer 2010 has really put down the average level of the competition?

I mean, there're great teams right now, but also a bunch of awful ones, more than in past years from my point of view.

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

It's only me, or all this "waiting game" for summer 2010 has really put down the average level of the competition?

I mean, there're great teams right now, but also a bunch of awful ones, more than in past years from my point of view.

i don't really know about that but it's an interesting thought. fact is that the teams that really suck like oklahoma or minnesota won't have a shoot at lebron, bosh and the rest. NY, NJ, detroit and the others aren't that bad or even pretty good so far.

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

It's really just that the team isn't as middle-heavy as it's been the last few years. Less at the middle, more at the top and bottom. That's all.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

The Cavs can offer LeBron an max deal at $133 million, and the most any other team can offer is $102 million. I don't see him walking away from 30 million dollars.

Unless he can get that 30 mill many times over playing in the NY market. Lebron has been quoted as saying that he wants to be pro sports first billionaire. 30 mill is a drop in the bucket when that is your goal.

I'm surprised by that Melo move DOM. I would imagine that Denver needs to rebuild soon so you may see him moved as well.

quote:
"Unless Nike steps up with some massive, eight-figure, Michael-Jordan-equity-type of deal to have him in New York, LeBron is not going to make more money there," said Chicago-based sports business consultant Marc Ganis. "And in this economic climate, we don't know where Nike will be [in 2010].

"Another $2 million a year from Sprite isn't going to make a difference when the CBA [collective-bargaining agreement] will allow the Cavaliers to pay him more [$133 million to $102 million] than any other team. And he gets a tremendous amount of attention already in Cleveland."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11192008/sports/nets/nets_n...y__either_139512.htm

This Knicks trade had 2010 written all over...

They're giving up their best scorer and a player that could play well under D'Antoni system for another PF.

Like a guy said in the comments od the ESPN article:

quote:
Makes sense. Warriors are loaded with guards to get another. Knicks are loaded with forwards, so get another.

Seems like NY isn't interested in having a good season (unless there're other trades coming up, see Randolph or Curry) and GS.... well, Nelson love to play exagerate small-ball, but they're really a mess right now!!

if we are over then cap (but under luxury tax)are we unable to sign another free agent to a max deal? I mean wouldnt that just mean hey if they want to pay luxury tax go ahead? or are we limited in our moves?

What will be our status for 2010 if he pick up his option? Our roster will be

Howard

Shard

Hedo

Pietrus

Jameer

Lee

Under contract Right?

So that leaves Battie's contract ends before the offseason begins..

If any one of those players wanted out of their situation...couldnt we do a sign and trade with them? Obviously they would have to have initiated dissatisfaction for there current situation...but that would allow us to make moves.

I think our best option would be to go after bosh. Ithink that if they dont mke the playoffs or if they get knocked out in the first round opver the next two years i say thats who we should target.

Who ever has sugested that the teams with these caliber players should talk to the player to find out what he wants to do , is severely jacking up in the descision making dept!

If i was a franchise player and i knew i could go all the way with the right team and i knew what team i wanted to be on then why would i tell anyone the truth?

Prime example that happend here in orlando. SHAQ! He told everyone even the news papers and the fans that he was gunna stay in orlando, but shaq new in the back of his mind he wanted to go to LA. Shaq was born for hollywood. So he pulled the old bate and switch on our management. If our managers would have known shaq was going to go to la then im sure they would have traded him away for some big name players to get help and cover up the loss. And chances are it wouldnt be with the team he wanted. Managers have to do whats right for the team not whats right for your franchise player.

If i was incharge of these guys expecialy lebron and wade then i for dang sure would be shoping behind some verry thick doors trying to see what i can land for em. Cause the are going to walk lebron and wade, i dont see bosh going anywhere though, he loves the fan base and hes got some help now, Thats his team he gets alot of say on what happens there. Lebron has no help and wade is just in an all around bad situation, and his injuries are making it worse. wade and lebron need to go some where with some help to take some of the pressure off them. Id love to see wade head alittle north and come to orlando but there will never be a trade of this calliber with mia and orl.