Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Hollinger chat(1:00) Let's pump him with some Marbury & Tinsley questions

I don't get Ingram's obsession with a scoring PG. Isn't that what Jameer is? And he states that Jameer is a Top 20 PG in the league as though it is quite an accomplishment. Is that really all that impressive, seeing as how that suggests that there are more starting PGs that are better than him than there are that are worse?

I agree we need a PG, but a defensive stopper and a decent ball distributor seems to me to be a more glaring need.

Opinions?

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

I don't get Ingram's obsession with a scoring PG. Isn't that what Jameer is? And he states that Jameer is a Top 20 PG in the league as though it is quite an accomplishment. Is that really all that impressive, seeing as how that suggests that there are more starting PGs that are better than him than there are that are worse?

I agree we need a PG, but a defensive stopper and a decent ball distributor seems to me to be a more glaring need.

Opinions?

I agree. That why I would love to make a trade for Sergio Rodriguez, he's definitely a good ball distributor, and would run the second unit alot better than AJ.

Here's a question:

If we get a distributor for the 2nd unit, who does he distribute to? Bogans? Battie? It's not like there's a ton of offensive firepower there that just needs someone to organize it, it's that our entire bench is glue guys. Well, you need something to glue together for glue to be effective.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Here's a question:

If we get a distributor for the 2nd unit, who does he distribute to? Bogans? Battie? It's not like there's a ton of offensive firepower there that just needs someone to organize it, it's that our entire bench is glue guys. Well, you need something to glue together for glue to be effective.

SVG has always played either Hedo or Shard, with the 2nd unit for scoring.

quote:

Derek in Palm Beach, FL:

PLease tell mw that Otis Smith is developing a plan to solidify the Magic's PG rotation. AJ has looked pathetic, and you can guarantee that Jameer will miss 10-15 games. On the same topic, why weren't the Magic interested in Lindsey Hunter?

Bill Ingram:

AJ has lost his scoring touch - that's for sure. He has had big nights, but overall now much of a weapon. He made some nice moves last night and just couldn't get the ball to drop. Otis has been shopping, but having a hard time getting the right deal. He's old . . .they think too old. We'll see how he does in Chicago.

What does he mean, "We'll see how he does in Chicago"????

quote:

Opinions?

Our second unit isn't exactly what a distributing PG may find as a luxury. Aside from Bogans' natural scoring touch and Battie's hulk-like inside presence, our bench is about as deep as the shallow end of a swimming pool.

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

quote:

Derek in Palm Beach, FL:

PLease tell mw that Otis Smith is developing a plan to solidify the Magic's PG rotation. AJ has looked pathetic, and you can guarantee that Jameer will miss 10-15 games. On the same topic, why weren't the Magic interested in Lindsey Hunter?

Bill Ingram:

AJ has lost his scoring touch - that's for sure. He has had big nights, but overall now much of a weapon. He made some nice moves last night and just couldn't get the ball to drop. Otis has been shopping, but having a hard time getting the right deal. He's old . . .they think too old. We'll see how he does in Chicago.

He was referring that toward the Lindsey Hunter question.

quote:

quote:

Derek in Palm Beach, FL:

Bill Ingram:

He's talking about Lindsey Hunter, who now plays for the Bulls.

Here's the one that threw me for a loop:

quote:
I think C-Lee (feature coming today) is a solid bench guy for them long-term, but you're right - they need to move JJ and get a scoring pg and they need one more piece off the bench - a three, perhaps - before they're ready to stand pat this season.

Fortunately, other conversation led me to believe that he intended to say "four", not "three".

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:

Opinions?

Our second unit isn't exactly what a distributing PG may find as a luxury. Aside from Bogans' natural scoring touch and Battie's hulk-like inside presence, our bench is about as deep as the shallow end of a swimming pool.

True, but it's not like all 5 starters walk off the floor, and 5 subs take their place. Seldom is there less than 2 or 3 starters on the floor at the same time.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Derek in Palm Beach, FL:

Bill Ingram:

quote:
I think C-Lee (feature coming today) is a solid bench guy for them long-term, but you're right - they need to move JJ and get a scoring pg and they need one more piece off the bench - a three, perhaps - before they're ready to stand pat this season.

Fortunately, other conversation led me to believe that he intended to say "four", not "three".

Nah, he said if Battie can stay healthy, that we already have our four, but I think we already have our three in Richardson.

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Derek in Palm Beach, FL:

Bill Ingram:

quote:

Nah, he said if Battie can stay healthy, that we already have our four, but I think we already have our three in Richardson.

We have 5 guys that can play the 3:

Hedo

Shard

Pietrus

Bogans

Richardson

Just how many 3's does he think a roster should contain? Sounds like he wants a roster like the old Illinois teams with Nick Anderson and Kendall Gill that basically ran with a bunch of SFs.

quote:
Stan Van Gundy (Orlando, FL): We're winning and my team isn't even playing THAT good basketball. If this team gets it together, we may be very dangerous don't you think?

John Hollinger: (3:20 PM ET ) What makes you think this isn't their level? I've had a couple questions like this, with the implication being that the Magic are really much better than they've shown so far. Give me one reason why.