Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

{Poll} Which buyout PG would you take on the Magic?

To me it has nothing to do with ability. Both have proven to be major distractions to their current teams due to character concerns. Given that our team has no clear, out-spoken leader, besides SVG, I think Otis would be out of his mind to add either one.

Steph has been disgusted with the Knicks organization and if you were him what would you do. They are now looking to build through youth and he is the odd man out. IMO he would work hard for a contender at this time in his career.

And if he doesn't in two weeks let him go. An all-star is worth a shot.

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

Steph has been disgusted with the Knicks organization and if you were him what would you do. They are now looking to build through youth and he is the odd man out. IMO he would work hard for a contender at this time in his career.

You are not alone. My brother has been in my ear over the past two years about Starbury. I still don't see him being the defensive-minded back-up pg that SVG seems to like with the second unit.

I definitely would go with Steph.

I mean just look at his career numbers, he's one of the more underrated players in the nba, if it wasn't for some of the off-court stories and such.

I think the problem in NY was more with Isiah than Steph. I definitely think SVG would keep him in line if he acted up.

I don't think Tinsley has much in his tank left, but I think Marbury can contribute as a good backup, especially cuz I think Marbury is trying to prove something because of his situation.

I agree with drunk.

Jamal will be left wide open to shoot the ball at will. Jerryl Sasser shoots better. If he was any good, Indiana would have gotten far when they had Artest, O;Neal in his prime, and Reggie Miller.

IMO take Marbury.

Tinsley career APG 7.0

Marbury career APG 7.8

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

And if he doesn't in two weeks let him go. An all-star is worth a shot.

Totally agree. I think hed be a nice fit coming off the bench here.

With that said, obviously its not going to happen.

BTW, AJ blows. We need to find someone else to backup jameer, if its one of these guys thats fine, if its someone in a trade (my preference) like Crittenton or Sergio Rodriguez, even better. Somehow though otis needs to get off his *** and make a move.

quote:
Count Dallas In: Mavericks' owner Mark Cuban tossed the Mavericks into the discussion regarding Knicks' guard Stephon Marbury. Marbury has been given permission by the Knicks to seek out interest from other teams, with the stipulation that a buyout could be worked out if Marbury were to head to a Western Conference team. The Mavericks have been really struggling and Cuban told reporters not only was he a "big Marbury" fan that he knew "several" teams would have interest in Marbury if he was indeed bought out by the Knicks. Cuban was quick to reverse his commentary when he realized he was commenting a player still under contract to another team, something he is not permitted to do. It is clear if Marbury is looking for a new home, the Dallas Mavericks can and would take a chance on him.

So it look like he won't be signing with no teams in the east.