Sign in to follow this  
TheRevTy

Ruh-Roh - JJ's pissed

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

quote:
I don't know. Just thinking out loud. Somebody has to need a 3-point shooter, right?

Yes, the Orlando Magic.

LMAO!!!

Pietrus & Bogans are shooting 40% and 46% respectively. Is Shard struggling? Yes. But that's at the power forward position.

our overall fg% is not playoff worthy...thats the problem. pietrus and bogans are shooting a good %, but are taking fewer shats that the ones who are shooting poor %'s.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

capiche?

Is this trying to be funny?

Because is not.

On the matter:

quote:

he gets yanked and his replacements arent playing any better.

First of all, you were speaking about replacements, and now I discover that you're only considering Lee.

quote:

bogans played key minutes in the preseason -so therefore he isnt a replacement.

Second, you was referring to preseason, and now you're giving me stats of the regular season.

Sorry if I'm slow on understand, but your fact seems to be quite unclear... at least.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
I don't know. Just thinking out loud. Somebody has to need a 3-point shooter, right?

Yes, the Orlando Magic.

LMAO!!!

Pietrus & Bogans are shooting 40% and 46% respectively. Is Shard struggling? Yes. But that's at the power forward position.

our overall fg% is not playoff worthy...thats the problem. pietrus and bogans are shooting a good %, but are taking fewer shats that the ones who are shooting poor %'s.

lol

quote:

Yes, because they are our 4th-5th options when o the court, as JJ would be. This is why JJ is not beneficial to our lineup. He needs to be the 1st-2nd option on offense. He's never been anything but that. He doesn't know how to play the role he's been saddled with. The other guys at his position know their roles and play it well.

I was reay hoping at the beginning of the season, with the roster additions we manges in the ofseason, that JJ would have a more clearly defined role in our system that utilized his strength (singular). But after three games, his strength (singular) failed him. And now after ony 7 games, JJ is crying to the media again.

Grow up twirp!

Stan's offense sucks. His gameplan could be figured out by a 5th grade gym teacher. Pick and roll with Hedo and Dwight. The other 3 stand at the 3 pt. line. Wow, Stan is a genius. JJ does not fit in because he moves through the lane looking for open space. He did that his whole career. Yet this year, Stan has finally got him to stand like Bogans and Evans (last year). And surprise surprise, JJ is out of sync. He is trying to do the same thing with Lee and his shot is struggling also.

Stan needs to change his plan or go away.

You like to point out Pietrus and Bogans 3%, but they are fourth and fifth on the team in attempts.

#1 Shard 26%

#2 Hedo 35%

#3 Jameer 19%

For a total of 27% on 113 threes.

JJ should have got an opportunity. He missed 8 shots. Jameer missed that many if the first and second game each. He should be pissed.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes, the Orlando Magic.

LMAO!!!

If anyone actually believes that Shard's percentage won't go up.... WAY up... before the season is over, then they are of the belief that this year is going to be a bizarre aberration.

It's 7 games everyone. That is approximately 8.5% of the regular season games to be played.

Is everyone really ready to define the remainder of our season based on the 1st 7 games? That is ridiculous and borders on childish.

As far as JJ goes, I have to admit to mixed feelings. But he and Cook need to learn to keep their bench-riding mouths shut if they want to get some playing time, here or elsewhere. Every time they open their traps, they reduces their own trade value and thus reduce the chance of being involved in a trade to a team that wants them.

If they want to be traded, then I would suggest to them that they go to Otis' office about 6 times a day and remind him. It seems that the only way to get Otis to move is to inconvenience and/or annoy him. Interrupt his nap time and I guarantee that they will be on the next plane out of town.

quote:

The Magic shot 38.6% last year. This year 31.3%. Case closed.

Do you think all those guys suddenly forgot how to shoot? Don't you think that 7 games is a little early to declare that the shooting is going to stink over 82? We went through stretches last year where we had a few guys struggling with their shots, it happens every year, even the best 3pt shooters only shoot 40% or so for an entire year.

quote:

Stan's offense sucks. His gameplan could be figured out by a 5th grade gym teacher. Pick and roll with Hedo and Dwight. The other 3 stand at the 3 pt. line. Wow, Stan is a genius. JJ does not fit in because he moves through the lane looking for open space. He did that his whole career. Yet this year, Stan has finally got him to stand like Bogans and Evans (last year). And surprise surprise, JJ is out of sync. He is trying to do the same thing with Lee and his shot is struggling also.

You are right, I mean it's not like Utah rode a pick and roll offense to the NBA finals or anything. And it's not like the Spurs won a title or 2 with an inside out offense. We need something more complex like the Princeton offense that Sac didn't get to the finals with or the wide open offense that PHX didn't get anywhere with.

It doesn't really matter how complex or how simple the offense is, if you execute it properly you can tell the other team what you are going to do and it won't matter.

I like how every credits Redick with the first two losses when everyone shot terrible in the first game and he only played 19 minutes. The second game he plays 11 minutes and misses 1 shot but he should be blamed for that too. What point is there in camp and preseason when all the evaluation time you need is in 39 minutes of regular season.

i agree fanfortoolong and mikesj. stan needs to work on something better than pick and rolls. he does a good job coming out of timeouts with decent plays a lot. but in the scheme of a game, this pick and roll offense is horrible, and it usually only works on playstation. mikes, i find it funny that we are in desperate need of a good shooter right now...you know why this is ironic...give the kid a chance to hit some open shots, once one or two go down he can let the rain fall!

smack, i agree to an extent. given that we need 3pt shooting, i dont think an 0-8 start is a large enough sample size to suggest that redick has failed however. he just needs an opporunity to hit some shots-you know how a shooter is...once you get a couple to fall, they fall more regularly. EDIT: the same can be said for shard in regards to shats.

re post by me:

quote:

This is why this team is struggling on offense. Also do you believe that Lee, Johnson, and Pietrus are out performing Evans, Arroyo and Dooling?