Sign in to follow this  
Luke_FfS

Game Thread: Magic Vs. Blazers 11/10

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

he's had less than 4 pfs in 3 games this season. He's played less than 20 minutes in a game three times already. We need him on the floor at least 30 minutes a night. He's our starter. At this rate, we'll get what we need from him 47 games this season. That's not good. Obviously we have other problems, but pietrus' inability to stay on the court is a major concern. There is a reason that svg has bogans guarding the other team's best wing late in games and that is because he has more confidence in him to get the job done w/ out fouling.

I understand what you're saying. Believe me I do. I understand the urgency. All I'm saying is give him a chance. 7 games in and there seems to be a witch hunt when he picks up 2 fouls in a quarter. He's new to the city, team and a totally different system. The only one greener on the team is Lee. Through 7 games, you're right, he's played less than 20 mins 3 times. Not sure everyone was necessarily due to foul trouble. But he also gave over 30 in the other 4. And since, as you stated, SVG has more confidence in Bogans and you need 30+ out of Pietrus, why not use him as much as possible during the first 3 quarters (foul trouble or not - does it matter?). And lean into him when he makes a mistake. If there's no improvement, then bench him in favor of Bogans.

I've always been critical of SVG, and I'm always short of getting crucified for that.

Glad to see that Sky notices SVG's shortcomings too, maybe that will shed some credibility to my doubts on our coach.

I'm not saying a "fire Stan" movement should be launched, all I'm saying is he's not the perfect coach everybody's making him out to be. Best of the lot of the candidates that we had a year ago, sure. But he needs to polish up on a lot of things to be a truly great coach.

And I hope nobody comes up with the old "last I checked, SVG's not the one playing in the court" argument. I always found that to be ridiculous.

All in all, a really bad loss. Definitely a winnable game, but it just slipped away.

FYI: Dwight was 4/8 from the line in the second half, and had zero and 1s(for the game too, I believe). So including those 4 shots where he was fouled, he had 7 shots in the second half, 3 of which were off offensive rebounds.

As was the case last year, we simply have no one on this team that understands how to feed the post. This problem was not addressed in the off-season.

Unless Dwight has completely beat his man for position, the other players on this team are incapable of passing into the post without a high turnover rate.

Otis, this is on you.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

As was the case last year, we simply have no one on this team that understands how to feed the post. This problem was not addressed in the off-season.

Unless Dwight has completely beat his man for position, the other players on this team are incapable of passing into the post without a high turnover rate.

Otis, this is on you.

speaking of things not being addressed in the off-season, Keyon Dooling went for 18 points 5 rebounds and 4 assists last night for the nets, who needs that kind of production off the bench?

Well, at least we understand why MP hasn't seen the light of day in the 4th. We all know he's been somewhat foul-prone to start the season, though his inability to feed Dwight in the post comes as the most revealing.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

Here's what SVG has to say about the game

On the game...

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

It is amazing their were things wrong last night, but we just blew out 3 of our last 4 teams we beat.

3 not very good teams.