Sign in to follow this  
ClaytonMagic

Game Thread: Magic Vs. Wizards 11/8

The move Dwight used to get 31 was crazy. If he can get consistent with that, wow.

Happy with C Lee with the minutes he got. Peaches was great for us yet again.

Turk and Shard continuing to shoot like this can be a problem though. Hopefully they get this worked out Monday. (or may be Turk is playing himself out of a huge contract lol)

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

what are choppy links good for /

slow motion dancers.

This post alone gets a Stock Up.

Blowouts on the other hand, are good for morale!

Stock Up:

Dwight Howard. (You knew this wouldn't take very long. He followed up his poorest game of the season with what could be his best. 31 points, 16 boards, 3 assists, only 2 turnovers, and 3 blocks. Should of been 4 feelings of rejection, by the way. Stupid scorekeeper. He also had 9 of 14 from the free throw line, which sure has heck beats his 2 for 8 against Philly.

Dwight continues his tradition of bouncing back from subpar efforts with excellent ones.)

Offensive Rebounding. (The Magic gave up 17 last time out. Only 7 offensive boards against the Wiz. And that's pretty impressive because Washington threw up a bunch of bricks, only shooting 39%. So they had their opportunites for 2nd chances, but O-town shut the door.)

Keith Bogans. (Bogans reasserted his +/- mastery with a +16. He had 13 points including 3 of 5 from 3 Land, 3 assists, a board, and 2 steals. Most importantly, he maintained his high energy. It's like he stole Keyon Dooling's mojo or something!)

Anthony Johnson. (Perhaps the Magic player in most desperate need of a Stock Up on this night, there wasn't a dropoff when Jameer came out of the game when it came to the pace. 8 points, 2 baords, 2 assists, and only one turnover.)

Turnovers. (12. The Magic have had 3 games with 12 turnovers or less so far.

The Magic have won all three of those games.)

Courtney Lee. (He made a few shots including what I believe was his first three pointer and even had a block. His defense wasn't in much question, but it was nice to see him put the ball in the basket. Limited minutes, but that's what he's had to work with, so a good day for C-Lee.)

Tony Battie. (Good second half. 8 points on perfect shooting. 4 boards. An assist. Battie and Bogans are doing a good job of giving SVG a good argument for his 8 man rotation right now.)

Honorable mention: Mickael Pietrus. 18 points again! He had some defensive breakdowns but also some bad calls go against him. So I'll call that a push. But best of all, he broke Caron Butler's skull in with his own. And blinked twice. Now that's a man's man!

Stock In The Middle:

Jameer Nelson. (He had something that was down and something that was up. Let's start with the bad news. He scored only 6 points on 2 of 6 shooting. However what was up was he not only had 3 boards he had 6 assists against NO turnovers.

If we had to choose scoring or assist-to-turnover ratio from Jameer then we'd choose the latter. At least 12 points a game from Jameer would be nice on most nights though, luckily we didn't really need it tonight.)

Stock Down:

Rashard Lewis. ("Dude.. see, what had happened was...." He had 7 boards, 2 assists, only 1 TO, 2 steals, and a block which is all nice. But 5 points on only 2 of 11 shooting and an 0-fer-5 from 3 Land?? Yowch!!)

Hedo Turkoglu. (Let the roller coaster continue. 11 points on 4 of 12 shooting, 2 assists against 4 turnovers.. blech. The 2 boards, 2 steals, and a block was more than nyce but wow.. not a stellar offensive night from Hedo, Shard, or Meercat. Yet Washington was so bad we still won by 25.

Go figure. Still, we'd like not to see this stuff against better teams later.)

Well that's it. The Magic took care of business and (mostly) held on to a big lead! Hey, that's big news. Next is Portland on Monday Night. *Gulp* Brandon Roy should be quite the handful for Pietrus, Bogans, and company. We shall see what goes down.

Stand and cheer for your 4-2 Magic! Now if ATL would ever lose....

Good night and good luck.

quote:
Originally posted by killakuma:

quote:
Originally posted by Mooooooooooves:

Yeah, still need a link. NBALPBB is blackout.

I had the blackout, but just opened a new account with a south dakota zip code and now no blackout.

Did that really work? The game was actually shown?

I really wanna know this.

Hey, those blacked out, it could be worse. I live in St Louis, home of no NBA, yet the league sees fit to blackout random games like Indiana, Chicago, Memphis, and OKC. Keep in mind, none of those cities are closer than 4 hours away.

As for the game:

Another great game by Jameer. Didn't score much, but didn't have to. In my mind, that is the sign of a good PG - if your team is down and no one else is firing, you take shots and score. If they are up, pass the ball, take few shots, control the ball to avoid turnovers.

Lee looked really good on D, and even had a really pretty drive to the hoop. He's the primary back-up at the 2 by the all-star break. Book it.

Pietrus. Slammed his head into Caron Butler and just stared at him while Caron wilted like the Wicked Witch in a rainstorm. Plus, he and Jameer seem to be very good at connecting on O. MIP candidate. Book it.

Bogans, well-played, sir. Well played.

Dwight, oh nothing, just keep doing your thing. Somebody throw him a raw steak or something. He earned it tonight.

Hedo is a ball hog. There, I said it, and I don't regret it. He is playing like he is the best (and only) guy on the team. He is not. You want a big contract? Play like you did before the media noticed you. You can pass the ball, ya know.

Rashard had a rough night. Nothing more needs be said.

Oh, and Nick Young is a pretty good player. Ugly hair, though.

That was fun to watch live!!!

Nelson 6 assists, 0 turnovers, and once again having a solid game.

Tony Battie, great game!!

Air France is sick!!!

Bogans, why did I ever doubt you? I love you Kebo, keep it up!

and Superman himself. I remember how happy I was when he made that last layup to get him 31. I think he will be moving up on the MVP race after this one.

Jameer also got cheated out of a handful assists because of Dwight missing lay-ups, fouls on players, etc.

Question: If there would normally be an assist, but the shot gets goaltended, is an assist still issued?

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Pietrus. Slammed his head into Caron Butler and just stared at him while Caron wilted like the Wicked Witch in a rainstorm.

LOL! I remember that play, I don't think Pietrus even realized that he got hit until he saw Caron and was advised to be checked out.

More of our guys need to be like that!

By the way, watchin' the Portland game, and once again, their crowd puts ours to shame, and it's not like they're facing great competition, it's the T-Wolves!

4 in a row...play Pietrus more, draw up some cut plays for him.

Lee needs more PT, please Stan don't run our team into the ground so early.

pretty good you can win by 20+ points and have subpar games from Hedo and shard, but Stan you have to develop a bench.

I don't think you need to draw up plays specifically for Pietrus, at least not yet. Right now he is excelling by cutting hard to the basket during normal plays, giving an added element instead of either making Dwight pound it down low or everyone else rain it in from 3.

Air France's presence is going to help Jameer a lot this year. It is a lot easier to get an offense going when you have someone moving and cutting to the basket.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

C-Lee for 3~!

Somewhere Junkie just had a stroke. LOL.

Because of Lee or because of JJ's rebound? lol

LOL well... both.

Not to mention JJ's man (Dee Brown) missed his shot. We may have to add cardiac arrest to the list. ;+)

See my Location...I'm pulling for Lee just as much as I'm pulling for Bogans...The Kentucky Boyz!!!

I still heard the "We want J.J." chants about the middle of the 4th quarter but they aren't even close to as loud as they used to be...to be honest it was just 3 guys that were chanting in unison and they were sitting close to me.

4 IN A ROW BABY!! GO MAGIC !!!