Sign in to follow this  
ManuGinobili

Can someone explain me why..

The Bulls took Derrick Rose as the #1 draft pick, with them being so stacked at the small positions with 2 really good players like Hinrich and Gordon, and did not go for Michael Beasley, who would make a lot to improve their weak frontcourt, who only features non-proven players like Gooden, Noah or Tyrus Thomas?

Really! This is killing me. They did the Heat a HUGE favor by wasting their pick on Rose. Now Miami has 4 great starters in Wade, Marion, Beasley and Haslem, and the Bulls will have their 3 smalls fighting each other for playing time.

Really, can someone explain me the logic used by Paxson here?

Derrick Rose's game doesn't speak for itself?

Well, the looks of it, Derrick Rose is a hometown boy, has a 7-foot wingspan as well as 40" vertical. How often does that come by for a point guard? Not to mention lightning quick.

But do you really think that he is THAT much better than Beasley? Why they chose NOT to address their needs?

I do not think every time should be about drafting the best player. It

Rose has much bigger upside. Didn't you watch his game???

The bulls already know they are rebuilding around young talent, Rose, and Deng, they can use Heinrich's over inflated contract, and Gordon to address needs just as easily, but they get that point guard that comes along once every few five or ten years.

Beasley might be a consistent allstar, but he is no Dwight Howard, or LBJ, Kevin Garnett

quote:
Rose could be Jason Kidd only better, Beasley will likely be Glen Robinson. Scorers are a dime a dozen, a true leader is as difficult to find as a true center.

I dont agree, I think Beasley is a perfect fit for the Heat..but well, I do not know him sooo well.

Despite a series of discussions over "who should go number 1?", Rose is a much better prospect than Beasely. They'll both be great, but Rose's combination of speed, athleticism, court-vision, slashing ability, and ever-improving jump shot is going to make him an absolute beast.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Rose could be Jason Kidd only better, Beasley will likely be Glen Robinson. Scorers are a dime a dozen, a true leader is as difficult to find as a true center.

Rose is more like Baron Davis.

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

LOL, Did you really feel like correcting him because you didn't like his comparison? Drafting a Baron Davis without the health problems is pretty good also!

If Beasley was a true low post player then I would have taken him over Rose. He isn't. He's not 6'10, he is closer to 6'8 and he mainly floats around the perimeter. I have to agree with the majority and say Rose is the much better pick. When the opportunity comes along to draft a top 5 point guard, especially one with Rose's size, you have to do it. Guys like Beasley grow on trees.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

LOL, Did you really feel like correcting him because you didn't like his comparison? Drafting a Baron Davis without the health problems is pretty good also!

If Beasley was a true low post player then I would have taken him over Rose. He isn't. He's not 6'10, he is closer to 6'8 and he mainly floats around the perimeter. I have to agree with the majority and say Rose is the much better pick. When the opportunity comes along to draft a top 5 point guard, especially one with Rose's size, you have to do it. Guys like Beasley grow on trees.

*ON REPORT*

Not enough words that end in the letter 3 in your post.