Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Are The Magic Contenders? (Kyler)

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

No we be going to the MAGIC KINGDOM and taking our rightful spot ...

where all Champions go.

WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

I have to agree being one of the biggest homers here{yes I admit it}...

On to the finals and WE WILL SHOW THE NAYSAYERS as we did last season winning our Division.

It's on to the next step.

Dwight's more serious than he's ever been...

Rashard is taking his game to another level...

Turk's in a contract year...

Pietrus is going to shut down all those extra points that killed us in close games ...

Jameer will score and AJ will keep the scorers going with experience assists and defense..

Marcin will have a break out year...

Let's not forget Bogans and JJ ...

Offense and defense this season is the name of the game for these two...

Lee watch him grow...

Battie and Cook we will see { the only two I worry about}...

and finally do you think SVG will settle for anything less than last season...

No way !!!

And in the end it's the Finals and beyond.

Bogans? Bogans has been crap in the preseason this year. If you have been to a preseason game you would notice that he is has been horrible.

quote:
Originally posted by ClaytonMagic:

Marcin Gortat Suuuuuucks!!! I dont know why everyone thinks hes going to have a breakout year!

Pray that he never hears/reads what you said, or the hunt will begin and Warlock will have you sooner or later!!

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Sorta off topic, but in relation to Kyler's argument about Jameer being like Rondo, Alston and Fisher.

Why is it that when Arroyo and Dooling are not our team, it is a major concern and every NBA analyst mentions it as a major loss for us, yet when they were on our team we never heard them mentioned a strength for us?

I just don't get it. Nobody ever said "The Magic have a 3 headed PG onslaught that gives other teams nightmares". Now all you hear is "The Magic lost 2 major players at the guard sports in Arroyo and Dooling, and didn't gain much with Johnson and Pietrus".

Boggles my mind. Am I right?

I was noticing this same thing. I was watching ESPN the other day and they talked about us losing Dooling and Evans like we had really downgraded at the guards. With the exception of MAYBE some on the ball defense at PG, an argument could be made that we upgraded our guards.

They just look for some way to justify saying the Cavs are better than us.

quote:
Rondo and Fisher are much better defenders than Jameer will ever be.

A little presumptuous, don't you think? 'Meer's not a horrible defender - it just takes time for offensive-style players to learn how to pick their spots on defense.

I'll bet 'Meer's a little better this year than he was last year. We don't need him to get 30 steals a night, just to keep his guy from doing so.

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

quote:
Rondo and Fisher are much better defenders than Jameer will ever be.

A little presumptuous, don't you think? 'Meer's not a horrible defender - it just takes time for offensive-style players to learn how to pick their spots on defense.

I'll bet 'Meer's a little better this year than he was last year. We don't need him to get 30 steals a night, just to keep his guy from doing so.

He's is just about as bad as it gets on that side of the ball. Almost all of his opponents can shoot right over him whenever they want plus he is incapable of keeping them out of the paint on a consistent basis. He really doesn't take anything away at all.

Its definitely a presumption on my part but Rondo and Fisher have the defensive tools and tenacity to be excellent defenders. Jameer most certainly does not. I don't expect Jameer to get 30 steals a game either. I will happily settle for him consistently keep his man out of the paint and consequently keeping Dwight out of foul trouble. Personally, I really hope you are right and he is better this year.

The problem last year was when Jameer had a really bad defensive matchup, Dooling was the only option (Carlos is not much of a defender either).

Dooling struggled to defend stronger PG's like Billups and Davis so we had no option against those guys. Not to mention he was AWFUL at running the offense.

AJ however can defend pretty much everyone and can run the offense.

Lee can defend the quicker PG's and give us pretty much the same thing Dooling did.

I see PG as an Upgraded position as well as SG with the addition of Pietrus. Maybe I am missing something, but when did Evans become the lockdown defender the experts think we will miss???

I think Jameer, has to turn it up this year, he has to prove to Stan that he's capable of being his floor general this year. If Jameer doesn't handle his responsibilty this season, he might be traded in the offseason.