Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Lakers vs Barcelona (Streaming HD)

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:
Originally posted by BRich:

We haven't gotten robbed until Ariza finishes a season.

Yes we did, because some teams would've gave us a 1st round pick for him, if we would've waited close to the deadline.

What are you basing any of this information off of?

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by BRich:

We haven't gotten robbed until Ariza finishes a season.

Yes we did, because some teams would've gave us a 1st round pick for him, if we would've waited close to the deadline.

What are you basing any of this information off of?

I'm basing off of, that teams get desperate around the deadline. You see how the Sonics got two 1st round picks from the Spurs, for Kurt Thomas. We could've got at least one for Ariza, the kid was only 22, and is one of the top defender in the league.

quote:

is one of the top defender in the league.

You'd have to make the list of the top defenders in the league a very long list to include Ariza. He's a good defender with potential to be very good, maybe great, but until he can stay healthy and put his athleticism together with some better footwork on defense, he's going to remain in the good range.

I thought Fran played well in the 1st half...he certainly didn't look intimidated or the deer in the headlights look...it looks as if he has bulked up to around 240-245...and he still has great mobility and athleticism...he defended Gasol and Bynum pretty darn good...Barca didn't play him in the second half until the 4th quarter...now I know why the Euro players don't log lots of minutes when you look at their stats...they really rotate playing time.

Fran was also an intimidator and a shot blocker around the basket...he would have had a couple more blocks on the stat page but his teammates committed fouls negating those...he didn't play well in the 4th though...he did rebound and had a putback or two but he committed some passing to's and seemed to get fustrated so the coach took him out.

Just curious...for those of you that watched the game...at this stage of their careers, who is the better player and or prospect or who would help the Magic more this season...Fran or Gortat?

Lastly, Fendi, will the game against the Clippers be on tonight too? I noticed the game starts at 7:30...would be nice to get one more look at him.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Barca didn't play him in the second half until the 4th quarter...now I know why the Euro players don't log lots of minutes when you look at their stats...they really rotate playing time.

You're right, here in Europe you can find teams rotating ten players, giving them 20 minutes apiece.

It's all about intensity, something that sometimes a first quarter (or half) in a NBA game had not (just my thought)

And playing only 40 minutes a game, individual stats are affected too, you've to see "stats per minute" to have a real parameter.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Just curious...for those of you that watched the game...at this stage of their careers, who is the better player and or prospect or who would help the Magic more this season...Fran or Gortat?

Didn't see the game, it was 4.30 AM here, but I would take the Warlock every day of my life.

Also, I think that Navarro belongs to NBA, but money and playing on the team of his city it's a difference-maker.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

is one of the top defender in the league.

You'd have to make the list of the top defenders in the league a very long list to include Ariza. He's a good defender with potential to be very good, maybe great, but until he can stay healthy and put his athleticism together with some better footwork on defense, he's going to remain in the good range.

There aren't that many players in the league, that can defend on a level like Ariza. He would rank any where from top 10 to 15 in the league, and I consider that as being one of the top defender in the league.