Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Camp Controversy: Does J.J. have a role on the Magic?(HoopsWorld)

A. Third time is a charm. Although I think Bogans brings more to the team than JJ for the most part, I will remain an optimist and hope that a draft pick besides Howard and Jameer pan out for us.

Im going to go with

A)Third time is a charm.

I look at our previous year and see how we played our rotation. Off the bench we played 1pg and 2sgs off the bench. We would need Bogans and Redick for their scoring. I dont know much about Lee but he just might have to sit like Redick unless hes the better player of the 2. But Redick will play and he might get traded as well. But we will finally get to see if Redick can handle consistent minutes to help this team.

Amazing! All eyes are on JJ. Like he was the reason for the failure of the Magic to move past Detroit. Next thing you know he'll be blamed for the downfall of the economy, world hunger, and global warming. Third year is a charm.

quote:
Originally posted by bravlady:

Amazing! All eyes are on JJ. Like he was the reason for the failure of the Magic to move past Detroit. Next thing you know he'll be blamed for the downfall of the economy, world hunger, and global warming. Third year is a charm.

Dear JJ worshipper, you are the first person on this forum that I have ever seen that in any way ever associated JJ to the loss in the Detroit series last year. So apparently the only one blaming him is you.

But, having said that, I'm in agreement with you. Third time is a charm.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

C)

I'm thinking of an AIC song with 3 words...

Dam that River?

Whale and Wasp?

We die young?

To answer the original question, the answer is contingent on whether or not Hedo gets traded, and if he does what we get in return. If Hedo is traded, then I'd forsee Pietrus getting a lot of minutes sliding up to the 3(similar to when Rashard would get minutes sliding down to the 3 last year), and in that scenario I could see Redick getting 10-12 minutes a game as a change of pace behind Pietrus and Lee over Bogans.

quote:

3pt-jesus.jpg

Duke's alternative to Notre Dame's Touch Down Jesus...Three Point Jesus!!!

quote:
Can Chris Bosh and Jermaine O'Neal Win Together?

At first glance the addition of Jermaine O'Neal made the Toronto Raptors an instant threat in the East. Pairing two All-Stars together, though, doesn't always guarantee postseason success. Take the Orlando Magic's Dwight Howard and Rashard Lewis as an example. The Raptors will win more games this season but at the end of the day they didn't go after JO to have a nice regular season record. It has been seven years since this team escaped the first round. An early exit with O'Neal on board would be just as meaningless as never making the playoffs at all.

Is this a fair comparison?

quote:

Set your enthusiasm for JJ to the side for a moment and ask yourself this...

What is wrong with fans of the Magic wondering if the 11th overall pick in a draft, in his third season in the NBA, is finally going to crack the rotation and become an asset to the team on the court?

I just feel like if you give JJ limited minutes he can provide good scoring off the bench. Dont want to give him too many minutes cause of his poor defense. But he can be a decent contributor off the bench.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by KLR:

quote:
Originally posted by Rodriguez:

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

buried on the bench...only for a few months.

he will then be traded.

bye bye JJ.

bye bye controversy.

Which controversy?

That their 11th pick sucked and they can't find a way to hide it.

How is Bosh working out for your team? Oh thats right...you didn't take him.

Nope, and they still won the championship. But the Pistons managed to get something out of the Darko fiasco...Stuckey! I forgot what team made that posible...could you remind me?