Sign in to follow this  
Diplo

Hedo "Hard to Say If I'm Staying Or Leaving"

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

If Hedo thinks he is getting a huge deal this summer from another team, he is sadly mistaken. Every team with cap space this summer will be keeping it for the following summer when Lebron, Wade, Kobe, and Bosh are free agents. He will more than likely not get more than 8 or 9 mill only IF he has an all-star season. I just hope Otis does not manage his resigning the way he handled Darko's.

I would agree and I'm not really that concerned about Turk getting a better offer from another NBA team but the European threat is very serious.

All I know is a guy that gives you 19, 5, and 5 can't just vanish from your lineup with nothing in return that would be catastrophic in my opinion.

Who is to say he wouldn

as far as i heared from Harun Erdenay , manager of Team TurKey , he has already taken huge offers from 2 european teams.

Hedo had commented European League was tuffer than NBA ,considering different defence sets, and added only tuff part of NBA is long season and flights.

I look at it like this,if Otis wanted to re-sign Hedo he would have done so already(lux tax or not)!Last year he didn't try to play this game last year with Dwight and Jameer.Tough choice Otis!

Based on our need of a pf with darko and the fact we had alot of available dollars at the time Otis waited him out and claimed he was a cornerstone in our longterm plans. In the end he walked with no asset in return. He was 21 years old.

Hedo is a much better player (currently) but teams will be reluctant to spend the bucks on a 30+ year old player who most likely has developed to his max potential or nearly so.

Given those facts I expect Otis to squander another solid asset based on his past performance and the fact this will be a difficult trade given our salary cap situation. I could see him getting two bench players in return a la the Ariza trade as long as they had short contracts. In the end he may find them easier to trade than a 30 year old higher salaried player. I cant see us exceeding the cap to resign Hedo and cant see Otis being ambitious or intelligent enough to move him for a comparable asset. I also dont see the owners wanting to pay lux tax to any degree so him resigning here is dead too.

Its obvious that Otis made his decission. He should have think this way before. Hedo will opt out and I dont see we will get any asset close to him. If you look at the salaries, I know its something we discussed all year long but when you give your sf a 20+M and a 40M total to an avarage PG that means you dont have any flexibility.Automatic.no need to think a lot. Simple Hedo will try to get +60M for 5 year and we cant give him that type of money.I see a trade with LA.(Odom)Maybe..

The problem with an Odom deal is that we'd have to give up Hedo and another player to get him. And that'd probably end up being Tony Battie. We'd be giving up a better player - and another player on top of that. Ugh.

quote:
Originally posted by BRich:

The problem with an Odom deal is that we'd have to give up Hedo and another player to get him. And that'd probably end up being Tony Battie. We'd be giving up a better player - and another player on top of that. Ugh.

If we have to throw in Battie, then maybe we can ask for their 1st rounder, seeing as it will likely be a very late 1st rounder.

This would not only get us Odom, but then we could package Bogans with our own 1st rounder to pick up Crittenton.

LOSE - Hedo, Battie, Bogans, our 1st rounder

GAIN - Odom, Crittenton, Lakers 1st rounder

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

There could be so many worse deals for Hedo than this. It may not be the best one out there, but it would fill needs.

Also, since the Lakers tell the Grizzlies what to do, we could tell the Lakers that our deal with them is contingent on them forcing the Grizz to make the other deal.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

Also, since the Lakers tell the Grizzlies what to do, we could tell the Lakers that our deal with them is contingent on them forcing the Grizz to make the other deal.

Awesome !!

Well, in that case, we'll just have Mr. West inform the Grizzlies that they don't NEED our 1st rounder, and that they should be honored to take a player of KeBo's proven skills while ridding themselves of a project.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

LoL

OK I wanne write my point of view as a fan from overseas.I would like to see Hedo continue with the Orlando Magic.Cuz its a good team and I always enjoyed watchin Hedo and the Magic.

I understand his situation after playin such a good season its normal that he wanne earn more money and lookin for some options.Who wouldnt?

I think he deserves it also.Ok if the Magic would give him the money thats another thing.Thats a thing between Hedo and the Magic.They can deal it out.

But I see some people here who wanne see Hedo out of the Magic no matter how.

For example "Rob" dude I check your topics u opened and its always about Hedos trade and who should the Magic get for Hedo.Not only once few times u open such topics and your the no 1 writer when someone opens a similar topic.Guess your the no 1 Hedo hater here.Or am I wrong.You dont see what Hedo did for the Magic last season and want him out of Orlando.

Well I hope there are also some Hedo fans here who supports him.I like the Magic with Hedo.Even ordered his Magic jersey to Germany.icon_smile.gif

bye

levisicon_wink.gif