Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by athena:

shaq is my lover

Curses... Foiled again!!!

don't worry, yours is bigger than his, darl

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

There are 6 of us on these boards who Shawn Kemp fathered. Since the Magic were his last team I have decided to stick with them.

You may call him Reign Man but I call him Daddy.

lol

quote:

You heard it here first folks.

I'm printing this out, blowing it up onto poster board, and hanging it up in my office.

Your circus tent has walls?

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

I'm printing this out, blowing it up onto poster board, and hanging it up in my office.

It's not a tent, it's a double wide... thank you very much.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

It's not a tent, it's a double wide... thank you very much.

In that case maybe you are bigger than Shaq.

Two things, I think. The first was that I was never really a fan of the NBA until 1988. Not sure why that year was key, but it was. The next year, they added the Magic. I like their colors annnnnd....

The second reason is that I lived in Florida when I was much younger. I had fond memories. Seemed right to root for the team.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

The vast majority of us on these boards are blue-blooded Magic fans, hence why we often reside on a messageboard devoted to the team. But why? Many are simply from Orlando, but not all. So what drew you to this small market team?

Why are you a fan of the Orlando Magic?

Excellent thread, Rev!

Months ago, I wanted to ask this question of a few posters. Especially those who live in other countries (not to leave out those who live in other states).

came to this country when i was 7 in 1989, and have been a fan ever since, so i started with the original team, i started taking it seriously as the years past, so i figure by the time i'm 50 i'll be in front of the arena swinging axes at bandwagon fans....

quote:
Originally posted by TrueMagicFan07:

Months ago, I wanted to ask this question of a few posters. Especially those who live in other countries (not to leave out those who live in other states).

Actually I live in Spain, but I'm not a Magic fan for the drafting of our [iRONY]savior[/iRONY] Fran Vazquez.

My story: back in 1995, I was a kid living in Italy, and my uncle was going to Florida to see a friend. I was invited to join him and his son, and we take a flight to Orlando.

There was a wonderful surprise waiting for me here: my uncle, knowing my great love for basketball, asked his friend to buy some tickets to see a game.

At this time, Internet wasn't very popular in my country, and my knowledge of NBA was very very low before the trip.

But I can remember that game like if it was yesterday: June 5 1995, game 7 of the ECF against Indiana, 105-81, Dennis Scott making 5 threes, a dominating game by Shaq, a wonderful run in the third quarter...

After the game, I went out of the arena with a Penny Hardaway shirt (that is always on the wall of my bedroom) convinced that I would never stop to be a Magic fan.

And I'm still here through the good and bad times (and teams), waiting for a ring and for another possibility to watch a game inside the arena.

The date was November 26, 1994, I was a 9 year old 5th grader at Winter Spring elementary. It was my first game, we beat the Bucks 113-105 and it was a "Mac Attack", which for you who don't know means a free big mac with a ticket stub if the Magic scored 110 points. I think my brother and I became instant fans when we heard the news that we got to stay up late to go the game and also got a free big mac.