Sign in to follow this  
TheRevTy

Explain Yourselves

I grew up in Boston MA.going to lots of celtics games.The 1980's were a fantastic time to be a Celtic's fan and I loved playing ball and pretending to be larry legend. The summer of 1988 we moved to orlando and my dad got very exited about the magic coming to orlando.My two brother and I would tease him about how bad they were for the first season and we were still die hard celtic fans. Then one day my Dad came home with tickets to the orlando denver game(two bad teams easy tickets to come by).We wached the game half heartedly at first then a magical turn of events happend scott skiles was on pace to break the all time assist record for a single game.He did it(after several missed point blank lay ups) jerry renolds finally hit the shot with under two minutes to go in the game. All four of us have been huge fans ever since and season ticket holders for the last 5 years.

I was a huge Knicks fan and my favorite player was Ewing. Then the knicks deicided that after all Ewing gave them, they couldn't return the favor. So, when Ewing came to the Magic at the end of his career, I went along on the trip as well. Haven't left since then. Now that Pat is working with Dwight it's great for me.

I was born and raised in Lake Wales, just a bit south of Orlando. My father, brother, and I started going to the games in the early 90s and I have been a fan ever since. Here is to hoping the Magic display some Polk County toughness this coming year!

quote:
Luke_FfS,

Playoff games are always the best to go to. It just doesn't get any better. I went to game 5 against the Raptors. That was the loudest the arena has been since the 90's. It was awesome! You said it; make your next time during the playoffs, it will not disappoint!

I agree, i remember going to games in the early to mid 90's when i was only about 5. it was so loud. my brother used to work there and he would get tix for my dad and i right by the floor.

...this year at game 5 vs the Raps it was the loudest that i remember. I remember getting chills by hearing all the noise and everyone walking out of the stadium giving everybody hi 5's. cant wait untill opening night!

Im from Sacramento and was a big King Fan, until the Magic came into town too play the Kings. It was all because Tracy Mcgrady was my favorite playa! If it wasnt for him I would have never came to Orlando last year for the playoffs!!!

Disheartened by the fact that Orlando's citizens gave up their hope on this team by becoming fans of other western and northern NBA teams, I kept the hope alive.

2002, I was 12. I was flipping through tv channe

^ Wow.

I was a fan of the NBA, didn't have a team but watched all the games I could. During the Bull's run I enjoyed Mike being Mike before that, the Lakers were a blast to watch. I loved the energy of the Playoffs, and saw thing's that were amazing.

When rumors started of Orlando getting a team it of course was exciting ( Thank You Pat Williams ). The clinching moment for me was getting tickets from my boss to see the newly formed Magic face the legendary L.A. Lakers. Anyone who was in the building that night would have become a fan, it was the most in-probable of wins and the start of a life long love of the Magic.

Our team is a team trying to do it the right way with the right people. When this team wins a title, and we will, it will be one of the best moments in life, and I will, no matter what, be there. Looking to shake many hands of those, who through it all, Believed in Magic.

For me, its because im from the Area. Well at least close, only 40mins away. Im from Tampa,FL and we have everything else here but a basketball team. So i became a fan when i was younger. But i was more a Chicago Bulls for along time because of you know who and i never even been there before. Over the years i started been a huge fan of all Tampa sport teams supporting them thru the good and bad times. And im the same way with the Magic as well. I dont think i can call myself a die hard Magic fan though. Cause i support all Florida teams even the enemy as yall would call them( Miami Heat). But its just the love i have for Florida. I was born here and love everything about it. Even all the Sport teams in every city of Florida. I just love sports. Please dont hate me for not being such die hard Magic fan as you guys are. But i really love the direction the Magic are heading in. I hate no teams. I think thats taking it to far to hate another team. Some fans are pathetic. Taking it too dang serious. Love the game but dont trash players just because their not on you team. Their human just like you are. But the Magic is one of my favorite teams that i can watch cause im in the area. Well i could watch when Brighthouse/FSN get that dang situation resolved. But most of all, i love the Magic and I love sports.