Sign in to follow this  
RockChalk

NBA Authorizes Teams To Launch Local Market Video Streaming

This is good news, and I don't mind adding the fact that I fell much better now when I pay for my NBA league pass bill! I did not have to suffer through it!

Hey Rock...good to hear from ya!

quote:
Originally posted by PickNRoll4Ever:

Hopefully this puts the pressure on Brighthouse, since that is their big bargaining chip against broadcasting FSN. If only the NFL network would stream those games then we might get some action on that front too.

Actually last season at least, NFL Network games were streamed on NFL.com... of course with many messages to the viewer about calling your cable company to yell at them about adding NFL Network, lol. So I guess they figured it was worth giving away the game on the internet for the sake of more exposure and word of mouth.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

I wonder who this puts more pressure on to compromise, FSN or Brighthouse?

Brighthouse without a doubt!!! FSN will likely be doing the broadcast and be able to sell ads. Brighthouse will be losing people watching online instead of one of the stations they do offer.

I highly doubt the NBA would be doing this if they were not having so many problems with cable companies holding the telecasts hostage.

I could see the NFL going in next year if more carriers don't pick up NFL Network.

Sorry guys, it looks like the Magic organization has betrayed you. According to Jerry Greene of the Orlando Sentinel:

quote:
Earlier this week I mentioned the NBA's plans to allow live Internet streaming of games to local markets via team Web sites. Not so fast, my friends. Turns out Sun Sports and FSN Florida saw this coming and got the assurance from the Magic that their exclusive TV deal would not be hurt by this.

"Through our relationship with the NBA and the Magic, we hold all rights to local live game video including streaming and television," said Cathy Weeden, Sun Sports & FSN Florida VP and general manager. "As the NBA determines video streaming is permissible in team markets, there must also be agreements with our cable and satellite distributors before it would be available locally."

So, if I am reading this correctly, the stalemate between FSN Florida and Bright House Networks remains at Square One.

quote:
Originally posted by Shakaho:

Sorry guys, it looks like the Magic organization has betrayed you. According to Jerry Greene of the Orlando Sentinel:

quote:
Earlier this week I mentioned the NBA's plans to allow live Internet streaming of games to local markets via team Web sites. Not so fast, my friends. Turns out Sun Sports and FSN Florida saw this coming and got the assurance from the Magic that their exclusive TV deal would not be hurt by this.

"Through our relationship with the NBA and the Magic, we hold all rights to local live game video including streaming and television," said Cathy Weeden, Sun Sports & FSN Florida VP and general manager. "As the NBA determines video streaming is permissible in team markets, there must also be agreements with our cable and satellite distributors before it would be available locally."

So, if I am reading this correctly, the stalemate between FSN Florida and Bright House Networks remains at Square One.

Assurance? Assurance?!?!

You mean the same assurance that the fans got from the Magic when they signed the deal saying that they would make sure this got worked out?

You mean the same assurance that the fans got from the Magic again this off-season stating that it is their number one priority?

Too bad the fans didn't have the advantage that Sun Sports and FSN did to "see this coming". No, we didn't have that advantage. We were simply told that this is the way it is; take it or leave it.

"Leave it" is starting to become a viable option.

I wish their was something that all us fans can do to show Brighthouse/FSN that were paying customers and we deserve to see what were paying for. They always looking out for themselves making sure that their pockets stay fat not caring that its because of us. All we ask for is to be able to see the Magic games. Im paying $120 per month just to not see the Magic games. This is BS. Get it fixed or im going to Direct TV where i know i can get the games.