Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Will Otis make a play for Jamal Tinsley?(link)

quote:

All that is left now is a suitor and a chance for Tinsley to start all over elsewhere.

For this, you have to turn to a handful of teams who are easily in the market for a point guard.

Now with Carlos Arroyo, the Orlando Magic's former point guard, jumping ship and country to play for Maccabi Tel Aviv this coming season, will General Manager Otis Smith be interested in Tinsley's services? Although Jameer Nelson has the starting job on lock, you have to figure Tinsley would sign-off on the deal knowing the postseason realities at stake in Orlando.

No offense Anthony Johnson, but Tinsley wouldn't be a bad second option off the bench behind Nelson. Even a well-traveled vet could see that.

The Pacers have been so outspoken about Jamal's flaws and their intention to trade him that I honestly think Otis, if he wanted too could get Tinsley for peanuts.

I'll post a second link from the Indianapolis Star for those that are interested.

Don't forget, Denton posted back during the summer league that the Magic would explore it although, Otis denied it to Schmitz. I can promise you if the price is right...Otis would bite.

Word is the guy has been working out hard and slimmed down about 20 pounds.

Check out this "SICK" video of some Tinsley highlights. Don't forget, his best years were when he played with Jermaine O'neal and feeding the big guy.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9698

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider/

quote:

All that is left now is a suitor and a chance for Tinsley to start all over elsewhere.

For this, you have to turn to a handful of teams who are easily in the market for a point guard.

Now with Carlos Arroyo, the Orlando Magic's former point guard, jumping ship and country to play for Maccabi Tel Aviv this coming season, will General Manager Otis Smith be interested in Tinsley's services? Although Jameer Nelson has the starting job on lock, you have to figure Tinsley would sign-off on the deal knowing the postseason realities at stake in Orlando.

No offense Anthony Johnson, but Tinsley wouldn't be a bad second option off the bench behind Nelson. Even a well-traveled vet could see that.

The Pacers have been so outspoken about Jamal's flaws and their intention to trade him that I honestly think Otis, if he wanted too could get Tinsley for peanuts.

I'll post a second link from the Indianapolis Star for those that are interested.

Don't forget, Denton posted back during the summer league that the Magic would explore it although, Otis denied it to Schmitz. I can promise you if the price is right...Otis would bite.

Word is the guy has been working out hard and slimmed down about 20 pounds.

Check out this "SICK" video of some Tinsley highlights. Don't forget, his best years were when he played with Jermaine O'neal and feeding the big guy.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9698

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider/

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

I'd rather Otis chopped off little DOM and made a spectacle of feeding little DOM to the Caimans at Gatorland.

Yeah, I had heard that those Caimans will work for peanuts....

But seriously, I have to echo DOM's take on this...it isn't that I don't think Tinsley would be a great back-up...he most certainly would! However, I like the idea of Johnson being the vet back-up and trying to acquire a younger PG that could either be groomed to be the backup or maybe even push Nelson in a few years.

quote:
But seriously, I have to echo DOM's take on this...it isn't that I don't think Tinsley would be a great back-up...he most certainly would! However, I like the idea of Johnson being the vet back-up and trying to acquire a younger PG that could either be groomed to be the backup or maybe even push Nelson in a few years.

I agree. That and I just can't shake the character issues with Tinsley... I mean, there are only so many strip clubs here in town for him to shoot up.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

I'd rather Otis chopped off little DOM and made a spectacle of feeding little DOM to the Caimans at Gatorland.

Yeah, I had heard that those Caimans will work for peanuts....

Im in agreement. But we need a third PG and Crit or others may not be available.

If Tinsley could stay healthy and keep his demons to a minimum, hes a decent player. Its just when he opens his closet, 'tings appen.

Guys, the J. Crit thing isn't dead. I'll have more info on that later in the week. This just gives Otis another option if Memphis doesn't wanna act right. Honestly, if we could get him cheaply...I'd do it. But, only if the Memphis thing doesn't pan out first.

Edit: I'd rather have Jamal instead of Chris Quinn.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Guys, the J. Crit thing isn't dead. I'll have more info on that later in the week. This just gives Otis another option if Memphis doesn't wanna act right. Honestly, if we could get him cheaply...I'd do it. But, only if the Memphis thing doesn't pan out first.

D-OH !!!

You will now have half of the board members on suicide watch the rest of the week.

Soul Bro, you need to give BJ a personal sermon on the 11th Commandment: Thou shalt not torment Magic fans.

Maybe DOM doesn't get laid enough, but that's just not a natural hate of Jamaal Tinsley.

Tinsley's contract is awful, no way, no how can we trade for him, nor should we. If he were waived or bought out, I would be interested.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Maybe DOM doesn't get laid enough, but that's just not a natural hate of Jamaal Tinsley.

Tinsley's contract is awful, no way, no how can we trade for him, nor should we. If he were waived or bought out, I would be interested.

Clearly I was using the literary device known as "hyperbole", where one over emphasizes a point for comic effect.

But Tinsley is a disaster off the court, a distraction in the locker room, and a terrible shooter. No thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Crap! I forgot about that. If we traded for him we'd have to pay him his current salary and there is no way I'd do that either.

Close this thread, Mods.