Sign in to follow this  
ClaytonMagic

Okay so is our team now better then last year?

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by Rojogrande:

Not sure where you are getting that Pietrus can play the 4. The 2 and 3 yes. But the 4 is pushing it a little bit don't ya think?

--Rojogrande

Don Nelson had Pietrus starting at the 4 and at the 5 at the end of last season.

Which is when he put up his best rebounding numbers no? Go figure.

I would say I see it just like Dirtdan.

I would also say it is a little unfair to say that Lee will not be as good as Dooling. Lee has the tools to be better then Dooling due to his equivalent speed and the fact that he is a better shooter.

Only time will tell, but I think Lee is going to be great.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

quote:

Not sure where you are getting that Pietrus can play the 4. The 2 and 3 yes. But the 4 is pushing it a little bit don't ya think?

--Rojogrande

Don Nelson had Pietrus starting at the 4 and at the 5 at the end of last season.

YAY!!!!!!!! Happy 5000 BFF!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!

HOF soon my friend

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

quote:

quote:

quote:

--Rojogrande

HOF soon my friend

Powerman5000.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

quote:

quote:

quote:

--Rojogrande

HOF soon my friend

Way to go Hall of Famer and yes the team is better!!

5000.jpg

quote:
Way to go Hall of Famer and yes the team is better!!

Wow, I dont even think he knows he got to 5000!

When I get there im going to have a special announcment and balloons and everything.

I think Peitrus will be better than any gaurd we have had in a while. It was a major point of weakness last year, huge improvement. Lee is also an upgrade defensively as well as AJ. I love Keyon but him running the offense was a black hole, it just scared the hell out of me to see him running the point. Who knows we may even get something out of JJ being that we can afford to put him out there next to someone who can defend the back court. Keyon was a pretty good on ball defender ,the best we had for sure, but undersized at 2 and not a good enough point to get any real minutes. Some size and defense at the guard spots is a big upgrade.

Hopefully Cookie will be better as well and a lot of us believe Gortat can contribute. The return of Tony Battie I think is underated here. Someone who actually knows how to play the game is going to be an asset.

The team is going to be very flexible, it's up to Stan to work it out from here.

Well, it must be summer as the optimism level is very very high. Time will tell how realistic this might be.

IMO, the biggest upgrade by far last year was the coach. Since he's not changing, it's going to be harder to have further improvement without an improved roster. So is our roster improved enough?

SG is improved, although our SG's weren't that awful last year. PG is still a big question mark. From the big man perspective, despite the optimism here, there are a lot of questions. First of all, how OLD is Battie, who hasn't played in a whole year? Won't he be 33 this season? With bad knees in addition to his shoulder injury? Guys, he wasn't all that great 2 years ago when he was younger and healthier; doesn't everyone remember all the controversy about playing him over Darko? Let's not expect him to be a lock down defender, a major physical presence, or anything else of the sort.

Gortat, for all the optimism, is basically a rookie in the NBA since he barely played last year. The reason he didn't play is that SVG, an obviously astute coach, didn't think he was good enough to play. And that's with the anemic front line we had last year! I'm not convinced Gortat is going to be anything more than average at best. Let's not get carried away with optimism here.

Cook hit some 3's last year but otherwise didn't contribute all that much on the boards or defensively. That's kind of been the hallmark of his career so far; let's see some evidence for change before we get carried away.

Just like last year, the PG and big man represent our problem areas. And if there's any falloff from either Lewis or Turk, both of whom are 30 (or will be this season), things could go downhill fast.