Sign in to follow this  
PrOdigy ReBoRn

I know this is stupid but hear me out

ok guys first off i know videogames arent reality....but we often view our reality as videogames.....well at least we do in the nba...expecting each player to hit each shot...which we rightfully should...i mean they get paid millions to do so.

This is purely hypothetical because this is all based on nba2k8......however, it makes sense to myself. maybe it will for you guys.

ok so my starting lineup in the game is

jameer

mogans

hedo

rashard

dwight

just like reality...i play throughout the first quarter and give dwight a thirty second rest in the second. Then i bring out foyle and howard together....leaving the lineup as

jameer

hedo

rashard

adonal

dwight

now i know foyle is not nearly good enough to even be in the rotation these days...but i have him their for his defensive ability...much like we want battie to be there next to dwight

having that extra big gives me the defensive interior to rely more on guarding the perimeter heavier.....resulting in more rebounds and more fast breaks....

needless to say i win (19-1...ik i sound like im a nerd but trust me im not.....i dont wanna hear any jokes come out of you guys lol)

the point is....will battie do what foyle did in that video game...

will we really get that big of a defensive boost along with rebounds (offensively and defensively)

its just a question...nothing more

again reality is not video games....and videogames is not reality

ok guys first off i know videogames arent reality....but we often view our reality as videogames.....well at least we do in the nba...expecting each player to hit each shot...which we rightfully should...i mean they get paid millions to do so.

This is purely hypothetical because this is all based on nba2k8......however, it makes sense to myself. maybe it will for you guys.

ok so my starting lineup in the game is

jameer

mogans

hedo

rashard

dwight

just like reality...i play throughout the first quarter and give dwight a thirty second rest in the second. Then i bring out foyle and howard together....leaving the lineup as

jameer

hedo

rashard

adonal

dwight

now i know foyle is not nearly good enough to even be in the rotation these days...but i have him their for his defensive ability...much like we want battie to be there next to dwight

having that extra big gives me the defensive interior to rely more on guarding the perimeter heavier.....resulting in more rebounds and more fast breaks....

needless to say i win (19-1...ik i sound like im a nerd but trust me im not.....i dont wanna hear any jokes come out of you guys lol)

the point is....will battie do what foyle did in that video game...

will we really get that big of a defensive boost along with rebounds (offensively and defensively)

its just a question...nothing more

again reality is not video games....and videogames is not reality

You should see my team on NBA Live 08, Mutombo and Howard in the frontcourt, with meer, desmond mason and rashard in the backcourt, and turk as the 6th man. The ideal team in my opinion.

I would hope that the addition of battie leads to more rebounds, but I don't think he's gonna have the effect everyone seems to think that he's going to. He's going to be rusty when he gets back, and he wasn't that great even before he got himself injured.

right now i've got dwight, josh smith, rashard, pietrus, and jameer starting. battie, foyle, bogans, derek anderson, and j critt off the bench. (yea I'm all about everyone's fantasy team next for next year)

The Grizzlies gave me Rudy Gay and OJ Mayo for Bogans and JJ. My roster rules.

In 2K8, I never play Shard at power forward because everytime I do a Quick Pick & Roll, Shard sets the pick instead of Dwight so I end up playing Turk at power forward.

As for a team in association, I ended up with DWill, Pietrus, Lewis, Lee and Dwight. Mainly because Dwight's contract is clearly the best value for money in the game.

This is a lil bit out of topic, but i've downloaded the latest rosters and i don't see the Mayo's and Lees on my association, do i need to start another association in order to bring em to it?

quote:
Originally posted by Big J:

This is a lil bit out of topic, but i've downloaded the latest rosters and i don't see the Mayo's and Lees on my association, do i need to start another association in order to bring em to it?

No, whoever said they got Mayo must have been kidding because they stop updating the rosters after the season ends so that people will buy the game for next year. Just gotta buy 2K9

quote:
Originally posted by SladeRider:

In 2K8, I never play Shard at power forward because everytime I do a Quick Pick & Roll, Shard sets the pick instead of Dwight so I end up playing Turk at power forward.

As for a team in association, I ended up with DWill, Pietrus, Lewis, Lee and Dwight. Mainly because Dwight's contract is clearly the best value for money in the game.

I was able to assemble a team once with Nelson, wade,Bron,Emeka, and Dwight, they were all on their rookie contracts still so it worked needless to say that tema went on to win something like 70-75 games for like 3-5 years.