Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Kyler says Griz want Fran & 1st for Crit:Wallace responds(pg.5) - Kyler responds(pg.6

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

I doubt if we trade Fran rights. Otis thinks very highly of him, that why we didn't go after no bigs. Otis believe he's coming over next year to be pair next to D12. If it was up to me his rights will be fax up to Memphis ASAP.

Anytime I read a quote that starts with "Otis thinks", I stop paying attention.

Otis will say whatever he thinks will add value to the players he has on his roster, just like 99.9% of all gms. You want his honest opinion? Ask Killing for a bottle of Cristal and get busy.

The plot thickens, LOL! Griz GM Chris Wallace is furious about the article and called into the Memphis paper to clarify some things. Check this:

quote:

Chris Wallace Responds to Hoops World Story.

Using the words

This is what me thinks...

This perception that Memphis is making moves to cut costs is something they are very sensitive about. Hiesley has a very Culverhouse like rep in Memphis and truthfully, I don't think it's fair.

When Pau was traded, this is what everybody cried. Reality, there's very sound logic behind that trade, and the value is actually proving to be good beyond the cap space.

Right now, a bunch of ignorant Memphians are bashing the Griz for not using this cap space to sign a FA like Josh Smith this year. They are saying the OJ Mayo trade was a smokescreen to make it look like Hiesley was doing something, but he's not.

Again, reality, the Griz have a very sound plan to develop their young players, and attack FA next year.

As I've said countless times, the griz are not trying to trade Crittenton to dump salary, and now this report leaks of their interest in Fran and the entire story is fashioned around the griz being interest in Fran so they can dump salary.

Not the case at all, but it's yet another story that puts Wallace & Hiesley on the defensive. I think you'd have to be 3 years old not to see the vision Chris Wallace currently has for this team, but for some reason it hasn't stopped this constant criticism.

Seems like in an attempt to defend himself from this perception, Wallace has painted himself into a corner that would make such a trade very unlikely move forward all of a sudden.

Hoopsworld in general, and Kyler specifically, are taking a beating about this.

Still, at least his website's name is out there...and he and his beat writers are always on the move, trying to get info.

For all the hits you get, you have to take some misses.

I want to know exactly what Crit's value is in Wallace's eyes?

Hell, if they were to trade Crit straight up for a future 1st round pick only, that would mean they got 10 mil in cap space, cash considerations, (3) 1st round picks, (1) 2nd round pick and Marc Gasol in exchange Pau Gasol.

I really don't see how Wallace takes a beating by making that trade. Of course, I also don't see why he thinks Crit is worth a future 1st round pick plus plus.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

Hoopsworld in general, and Kyler specifically, are taking a beating about this.

Still, at least his website's name is out there...and he and his beat writers are always on the move, trying to get info.

For all the hits you get, you have to take some misses.

I think the presentation of this article was baseless and they deserve to take a beating for that. There are huge holes that can be punched in this story. If you're going to present rational behind a trade that can't even stand up to the scrutiny of message board posters, you might wanna stay away from such speculation.

Wallace's staff is either operating behind his back or he's lying about having on interest in Fran however.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Wallace's staff is either operating behind his back or he's lying about having on interest in Fran however.

Not sure why it would be so