Sign in to follow this  
star_phenom35

Emeka Okafor, Bobcats Agree on Deal (pg. 5)

How about...

Turk, JJ, Franny, and 2 second round picks for a re-signed Emeka...

Turk a would be good pick up for them, and I would think JJ would be a popular pick up for them as well since they are in North Carolina, somewhat a Duke area...

This could work out well for both teams.. and we would still be able to trade Bogans and 1st for Javaris...but would have to get a back up 2 guard for the minimum... or in a trade for Cook??

What do you think??

***This is all only possible, if Emeka agrees to a contract starting at $10 mill, for a chance to win it all!!!!

i dont see how emeka can think he deserves a max contract. last year was his first time playing an entire Nba season and he has been drastically injured in his second season playing only 25 games.

He is a career Double Double guy but look at ben gordon and luol deng josh childress, Andre Igoudala... they dont even have contract that are max (maybe AI but im not sure) Al jefferson Delonte West and Josh Smith dont either... package cook and turk together with a future first for a resigned emeka for 9.5 million!! works and keeps us under the salary cap.

Dwight

Emeka

Lewis

Pietrus

Nelson

Gortat

Battie

*not sure -lee?

Bogans

Johnson

A little thin but we can fill out the roster!

quote:
Originally posted by star_phenom35:

The CAP really sucks right now though, but could you imagine pairing Dwight and Emeka?!!!! That is INSANE! nobody would be able to score on us inside or grab ANY rebounds.

Then if we can grab Critt, we'd have another defensive backcourt! Hey where is Otis favorite PG, Jameer?

Howard

Okafor

Lewis

Pietrus

Crittenton

Can you say TOTAL LOCKDOWN??!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Rule:

i dont see how emeka can think he deserves a max contract. last year was his first time playing an entire Nba season and he has been drastically injured in his second season playing only 25 games.

He is a career Double Double guy but look at ben gordon and luol deng josh childress, Andre Igoudala... they dont even have contract that are max (maybe AI but im not sure) Al jefferson Delonte West and Josh Smith dont either... package cook and turk together with a future first for a resigned emeka for 9.5 million!! works and keeps us under the salary cap.

Dwight

Emeka

Lewis

Pietrus

Nelson

Gortat

Battie

*not sure -lee?

Bogans

Johnson

A little thin but we can fill out the roster!

i don't think he deserves it either, but big men have different rules, it's hard to find height and muscle like that, well other than kwame, alright it's hard to find height and muscle that isn't retarded. i'd send turk for him, i'd send cook, jj, all of next year's picks too, because it's not like we're signing any rookies with our limited cap space, he'd have to be extended to sign with us, cause we could lose him all the same next year as well, anyone in here adverse for swapping nelson for felton? felton makes half of what nelson makes, that could free up room as it is, and it's not like anyone in here agrees that nelson is a definate starter for years to come.

it's a long shot, but that would seriously be a sick team if we also got crit, we would be sort of short a SF though, i guess peitrus and bogans can switch clean up duty for that position.

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

quote:
Originally posted by star_phenom35:

The CAP really sucks right now though, but could you imagine pairing Dwight and Emeka?!!!! That is INSANE! nobody would be able to score on us inside or grab ANY rebounds.

Then if we can grab Critt, we'd have another defensive backcourt! Howard

Okafor

Lewis

Pietrus

Crittenton

Can you say TOTAL LOCKDOWN??!!!!

Hey where is Otis favorite PG, Jameer?

star, nat and 30...i agree with yall my only problem is even tho Okafor plus Dwight equals UN-FREAKIN-BELIEVABLE! is it realistic? Jambo ur idea seems real butwe r talkin about otis smith...he doesnt do a whole bunch of trades that will b complicated...i'd want wilcox then okafor then haslem as suitors for our PF...

If Okafor doesn't take the Bobcats deal, he has to have something up his sleeve.

First of all, it's HIS fault that he didn't accept the contract offer last season and now is in this position. He and his agent should have taken a look at the salaray cap situations around the league and realized a max or close to max deal just wouldn't be out there. The offer last year was very competitive and I think just about what he deserves.

He's not a star player, he's a good player. He doesn't deserve a max contract, period.

But, for him to not accept the Bobcats' offer, which is by far the best he's gotten, there has to be a backup plan. Either that, or this report was premature... because he's not getting more money anywhere else unless a huge sign-and-trade occurs.

quote:
Originally posted by soldjafluffy:

star, nat and 30...i agree with yall my only problem is even tho Okafor plus Dwight equals UN-FREAKIN-BELIEVABLE! is it realistic? Jambo ur idea seems real butwe r talkin about otis smith...he doesnt do a whole bunch of trades that will b complicated...i'd want wilcox then okafor then haslem as suitors for our PF...

IMO probably not. I dont think Okafor is realistic because of the salary, even if the stars were to allign just right and he took a bit less, I dont think we have the money for it.

Not this year anyway. If we didnt sign Turk next year and just let the salary fall off, it would still be tough.

Its summer talk, and as much as a lot of us would love to see Emeka in a Magic uni, I believe its a pipe dream.

This organization seems like its just gonna add role players around the core (Dwight, Lewis and Jameer) Hedo is part of that core if we keep him long term.

I believe, barring any just giveaway type of deals, we should be ready to see a Jameer/Pietrus/Lewis/Battie or whoever/Howard for a few years to come with occasional tweaks here and there.

Thats my belief anyway

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

I'm really curious to hear if DOM would trade Hedo for Emeka...lol

Nah, he loves Hedo. Hed never let Turk go for that guy. No way

Wouldn't Okafur be a BYC player in any deal? Meaning it would be hard to trade for him but then again, it might mean that Okafur for Turk is possible and just means Orlando would end up taking in more salary being the problem.