Sign in to follow this  
Knappy

Bring back Darko poll with Crittenton ... what do you think?

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

Didn't I read somewheres that they were talking about signing Hedo to an extension this summer or am i dreaming again...LOL

I'm about 98.89% sure that was invented inside info...

***INSIDER INFO***

someone i know had a conversation with darko about the possibilty of coming back to orlando and what he thought about fans that didnt want him back.

this is a transcript:

Reporter: There's rumor of a possible trade back to Orlando, your thoughts?

Darko: All right, but let's do it over there.

Reporter: What about the fans who think you've had chances to succeed?

Darko: these [expletive]heads think they are something. I will go and [expletive] their mothers' [expletive for lady parts]--all them , that's what I'm gonna [inaudible] ... [expletive for lady parts] all them, I'm gonna [expletive] there mothers in their [expletive for lady parts], man, that's what I want to say...

Reporter: Darko, calm down a little bit. Your impressions of Otis smith?

Darko: He's a [expletive]head, he should [expletive] my [expletive for man parts], go on ... write that, man ... all of them, the first one (detroit) and the second one (magic) and the third one (memphis) ... I don't give a [expletive] about this, that's what I want to say.

Reporter Some have questioned your drive and desire for the game?

Darko: [Expletive for lady parts] ... they don't know anything...they [expletive] in their pants ... I will [expletive] their mothers in the mouth, man ... if they have a daughter, I will also [expletive] their daughter.

Darko: [inaudible] ... im fighting here, I died ... I need an infusion, do you understand...and they cheat me like [expletive for waste]...

The magic and any team would be more than willing to pay the luxury tax if the team wins Championships, becoming the new dynasty and selling out every game at a premium price, including their soon to be mid level sky boxes every game.

If I were Jerry Reinsdorf, I would have taped up Jabba the Krause mouth up for stating he wants to break up the Bulls dynasty of the 90s. They would have won 2 more championships, especially in the lock-out year and in 2000. The NBA was weak those 2 years.

there is no way you wouldnt do the deal to get darko back. yes, he has underachieved. however, he is still better than most bigs out there. just imagine if/when he grows up...he could literally be the next arvydas sabonis...who didnt peak until his 30's but was an excellent center/pf in this league and in europe.

quote:
Originally posted by CaliMagicFan:

Yeah, you're right. We did pay it one of the 2 years Francis was here. I forgot that. But a few days ago Vander Weide himself said we're not going into the tax to pay Dooling. Add in the reports that we wouldn't cough up $200,000 for a 2nd round pick, and I get the feeling we're not doing it. But hey, if you want to pay Darko $7mil a year to play 15 minutes off the bench while praying ownership will pay a few mil a year in luxury tax to keep our best crunch time scorer, have at it.

I think its a little more likely that Otis didn't offer a larger contract to Keyon was BECAUSE he wanted the flexiblity to resign Hedo. I really doubt its the other way around or Otis would be alot more open to trading Turk....which so far he hasn't been.

quote:
he could literally be the next arvydas sabonis...who didnt peak until his 30's but was an excellent center/pf in this league and in europe.

Actually Sabonis was a fantastic player WAY before he hit 30. Bill Walton on numerous occasions called him a 7ft tall Larry Bird. The Sabonis that the NBA saw was a guy that had multiple knee surgeries and was a shell of his former athletic self. I'm not arguing with your comparison which from a production stand point may be similar.

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

Why are there 2 questions after you said last question?

I am very much on the fence about Darko. I really want Javaris though and have no qualms about sending out JJ, Bogans and Cook. Darko just holds it up unless he decides he doesn't want to be a lazy oaf anymore.

that would have been the last question if it followed the two questions after it.

Or it could have been actually the last question placed in a different position - not last, but the last question

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

darko will never play for the magic. he is not liked by howard and nelson and if they dont want you you dont play. case closed. jacklj

Did they say this?

I won't take Darko back now..its pretty much to late for that. The Rashard Lewis signing went terribly wrong but thats something the Magic can't make right with a second opportunity.

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

Darko made his bed now he needsto lay in it...

What makes any body think he'd want to be here after we turned him down for the money he was trying to get.

What makes anybody think Otis would want him here after what they made him go thru.

Even tho I like him...

we are moving on and you don't go backwards to go foward especially since we're so close.

It was his agent that wanted more money, Darko went with a 3 year 21 million dollar deal to play for Memphis he would have stayed in Orlando if he was given the chance.

I would take back Darko with open arms. Despite whatever Iavaroni said about his work ethic, the guy probably never wanted to play for Memphis in the first place. We sort of cast him out with the Rashard signing, and his agent (similar to D-Steve's) basically made the calls.

I've seen him play with fire for his national team (the tirade), when he got ejected in a Raptors game for us two years ago, and several other occasions. Although it is horribly unlikely, I would take the Serbian Swatter back with no regrets.

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

I've stopped to answer when the Trade Exception was added in a trade... Did I lost something? Smack and Drunk clearly explain that the exception couldn't be used in a trade together with other players.

BTW, the trade with NJ is not official until now.

My bad, TE should not have been listed in there.

It is interesting that some strongly dislike Darko - I still think he can be a player in this league and I think his contract is very reasonable. I would like to see it done.

You do have to talk to some of the guys on the team to see what they think - basically, Dwight, Jameer, Hedo and Lewis.

I don't think the Magic will go the way of Darko, but I certainly would do it although a friend totally dislikes Darko. It doesn't sound like the Magic would bring him back.

If we don't bring Darko back it would be good to still go for Crittenton and I'd like to see the Magic go for a power forward with potential - Wilcox, Collison, Haslem, REvans - or someone like one of those guys.

Out of that group - if Dwight, Jameer, Hedo and Lewis were a go and Darko was a go - I'd gladly bring back Darko. If Howard says no - end of discussion.