Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Denton's in the HOUSE!!! Magic trying to trade for Crittenton(link)

I would love Crittenton as our backup PG, then grab JWill, Anthony Johnson, or Darrell Armstrong to be #3 on the depth chart. (I'd prefer Johnson of those three)

I'd be happy if Otis pulled this deal off, unless he gives up too much.

While Ball Junkie has been getting his due recognition, I believe Jambo needs some major props here as well. If you remember, he broke the rumor, just couldn't give specific names. It was his first insider post, and he nailed it.

Well done, Jambo!

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

While Ball Junkie has been getting his due recognition, I believe Jambo needs some major props here as well. If you remember, he broke the rumor, just couldn't give specific names. It was his first insider post, and he nailed it.

Well done, Jambo!

Totally agree! I hated that guessing game he put us through but now I feel it was well worth trying to figure out all those riddles. This board in fact had it narrowed down to Lowry and Crittenton before the news broke anyway.

Good job Magic Message Board!!

Major Props to Jambo!!!

Well said RevTy. Thank you ball junkie and Jambo for sharing your info with us.

As for Crittenton I really liked him coming out of Georgia Tech and understand that he has been buried in Memphis and LA so I do not know what he is capable of in the league. He also has 3 years left on his rookie contract with is essentially the same as the BAE and he carries more upside than the Jason Williams of the world. I like many hope multiple picks is second rounders but considering the lack of point guards I could understand if they throw in a 1st.

I think this is Keyon's last chance for a good contract and I think he at least expected the same starting salary at the least. No player of any value wants to take a near 50% paycut so I understand him feeling insulted.

I think if you get Crittenton you kind of need a guy like Darrell Armstrong who is a fierce competitor and will get in guys faces besides Stan. I think sometimes the Magic's guys like each other a little to much if that makes sense so I think they need a player in the locker room that is going to push them.

Guys, just got off the phone with Denton. I've got some more news.

1.) Crittenton's agent(Wallace Prather) is based in Georgia. He is kind of an understudy to Aaron Goodwin who just so happens to be Dwight Howard's agent.

2.) Denton said he couldn't gaurantee it but he thought the deal had a good chance of going down with the Magic only giving up a couple of 2nd round picks.

3.) John said he thought finality on this deal could happen within the next 2 or 3 days if it indeed does happen and it felt like it had a good chance of going down.

4.) John felt bad for Dooling.

5.) I asked him about J.J. Redick and some of the rumors that had been flying around here about him today. He said he had heard similar stuff and that he would check it out for me.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

1.) Crittenton's agent(Wallace Prather) is based in Georgia. He is kind of an understudy to Aaron Goodwin who just so happens to be Dwight Howard's agent.

2.) Denton said he couldn't gaurantee it but he thought the deal had a good chance of going down with the Magic only giving up a couple of 2nd round picks.

3.) John said he thought finality on this deal could happen within the next 2 or 3 days if it indeed does happen and it felt like it had a good chance of going down.

5.) I asked him about J.J. Redick and some of the rumors that had been flying around here about him today. He said he had heard similar stuff and that he would check it out for me.

Ball Junkie you a f ing beast bro no lie... I'm sure I can speak for everyone when I say we appreciate everything your doing here.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

you are da man thanks for the info man.

Co-sign. I really appreciate you supplying us with the news.

Now I'm just nervous. I want this done. And no GM's trying to sideswipe our future playmaker!

I want to take a phone call from John Denton... Heck, I'd settle for Jerry Green!

At any rate, great info, Junkie, truly appreciate the buzz you create here!