Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Insider Info

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

The part I don't get is, if these reporters are calling you with the info, why aren't they posting the info themselves? And how did you get the Pietrus info before Denton.

Question 1) A lot of times when the beatwriters are interviewing Stan or whomever and depending on there relationship with the person they know what should be printed and what shouldn't. Remember, if they print a lot of negativity or things that aren't necessarily true then the person they are interviewing won't be as apt to give them info the next time they start asking. I know has told me things(and I'm not going to repeat it so don't ask) that Stan has told him but Stan makes sure that John knows that this is off the record. Meaning, do not print it in the morning paper. Any "GOOD" beatwriter or any good man, for that matter knows that you're only as good as your word(being honest).

Question 2) I'm not sure who found out first. We both knew he was a candidate. From the time free agency started was much higher on a Pietrus signing than I was because of reasons I have already stated.

And for the record, told me all along he didn't think Maggette was coming because he said in every interview he has done with Corey he can tell that Maggette was a "ME" person. Wanting his shots, wanting his points and wanting his minutes, everything was all about Corey. I kind of dismissed his comments because I was so hyped on Corey coming. As we all saw, Corey wanted his money too.

I think we got the right guy, Mr. Pietrus.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

The part I don't get is, if these reporters are calling you with the info, why aren't they posting the info themselves? And how did you get the Pietrus info before Denton.

Question 1) A lot of times when the beatwriters are interviewing Stan or whomever and depending on there relationship with the person they know what should be printed and what shouldn't. Remember, if they print a lot of negativity or things that aren't necessarily true then the person they are interviewing won't be as apt to give them info the next time they start asking. I know John has told me things(and I'm not going to repeat it so don't ask) that Stan has told him but Stan makes sure that John knows that this is off the record. Meaning, do not print it in the morning paper. Any "GOOD" beatwriter or any good man, for that matter knows that you're only as good as your word(being honest).

Question 2) I'm not sure who found out first. We both knew he was a candidate. From the time free agency started John was much higher on a Pietrus signing than I was because of reasons I have already stated.

And for the record, Denton told me all along he didn't think Maggette was coming because he said in every interview he has done with Corey he can tell that Maggette was a "ME" person. Wanting his shots, wanting his points and wanting his minutes, everything was all about Corey. I kind of dismissed his comments because I was so hyped on Corey coming. As we all saw, Corey wanted his money too.

I think we got the right guy, Mr. Pietrus.

Ok I will trust your inside info....but I'm not trusting this Jambo dude yet.

quote:

Jarret Jack would be awesome but if you got traded don't you got to wait awhile to get traded again?

Not exactly. It's not uncommon for a player to get dealt to one team & then get moved to another after being moved to that one. A good example of that is Rasheed Wallace a couple years back. He was dealt to Atlanta, and then dealt to Detroit not long after. Also Darrell Arthur this year. Houston, Portland, then to Memphis.

BJ, I really appreciate you confirming to me John Denton is a good person.. He is by far my favorite beat writer, and he seems to be a great guy..I wish the O-Sen would jsut fire B.S. and hire John..BTW, it's cool that you have so many "inside sources" I am about to begin my last 2 years of College and I'll be focusing on my major (Sports Management) I am working to be an NBA scout, and I only have one "INSIDE" source, but he works for ESPN.His name is Antonio Williams... But anyway, what I am getting to is; Are you in the sports business/Industry?

quote:
Originally posted by magicfanejc42:

BJ, I really appreciate you confirming to me John Denton is a good person.. He is by far my favorite beat writer, and he seems to be a great guy..I wish the O-Sen would jsut fire B.S. and hire John..BTW, it's cool that you have so many "inside sources" I am about to begin my last 2 years of College and I'll be focusing on my major (Sports Management) I am working to be an NBA scout, and I only have one "INSIDE" source, but he works for ESPN.His name is Antonio Williams... But anyway, what I am getting to is; Are you in the sports business/Industry?

I'm an elementary physical education teacher in the public school system. You should see how many basketball courts we have at my school. Everyone of them are equipped with perfectly measured 3-point lines for school age children. We do basketball all year long, lol.

I love sports, specifically basketball so I dive head first into anything dealing with the sport I can find.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by allstarme:

Thanks for the info, junkie. Good stuff, as always. Do you think the story your source gave you about New Jersey could be the same story that Jambo is talking about?

I wish I could answer yes to that question but I can't because I honestly don't know.

I still don't understand why Jambo can't tell us. I mean we come up with hundreds of trade ideas on these boards daily. What's wrong with throwing another one out there? Here, it would be buried on a thread that already has 173 responses do you guys really think Otis and his co-workers are gonna be scanning this board? LOL!

Speaking of athletes and management possibly reading these boards, I asked my source that very question.

He said a few on them do, like J.J. Redick, but not a lot. I said what about Otis? He said, "are you kidding me"!? "Otis could care less what is said here".

I don't think it would be logical for Jambo to give out his source. I'm pissed that he doesn't want to tell us, but we have to understand that this information might leak around the league and other teams might offer more. blah blah. also, it might also put his source in the hot seat.

I'm cool with it. there's obviously reasons he can't give us more than he does. I can wait. The fact that we have multiple sources saying that Otis is hard at work puts me at ease. We'll find out when we find out.

Just to let you know, I am here and wished I could tell you more, but really can't.. I was told to keep it under the vest right now, because they are trying to work a deal and does not want anything to mess it up...

The only hint I can give is the players in question, have been mentioned in this thread at some point, but actually there have been a lot of players mentioned...

Oh, and another thing, it has nothing to do with New Jersey.....