Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Insider Info

Okay, I spoke to my source. It was while riding in a car on a cell phone, him too so it was sometimes hard to hear.

He said the Nets and Brian Hill are pushing real hard for Keyon Dooling. There is a sticking point though. Keyon wants years added to his contract for reasons we all are already aware of. Since this is his last decent contract he wants as much security for his family as he can get. The Nets meanwhile, as we all know want be as far under the cap as possible when Lebron becomes available.

As for the Memphis ideas, my source said he could actually see that happening because Memphis is always looking to get further under the cap and Bogans has an expiring. He said that was his personal comment and not that he had heard that scenario at the RDV yesterday.

He said he pumped a lot of people but couldn't get anything factual about what is actually happening. He said he knows definitively that Otis is working on something and that in could very well be a deal that is already verbally agreed upon. He said he was going to continue dialogue with his sources trying to find out.

So, that means unless someone here can convince the Jambo to spill the beans we are all going to be sitting and waiting in suspense. Ha-Ha.

Jambo - Man up and leak some of the details. You don't need to convince us that the deal is pending approval, or precisely how it will work, but give us something. Jeez. Not even Otis holds his cards this close to his vest.

I am really starting to thnnk this rumor has ALOT to do with New Jersey, they have a few good PG's and a large number of PF's..if they are looking at Dooling, this is the perfect opportunity to get a 2 for 1 deal...

Dooling ( 3 yrs 12mil/ETO after 2)

Future Second

For

Marcus Williams

Josh Boone/Sean Williams

Or there could even be a HUGE trade (LOL,not really but)

Cook (3mil)

Battie(7mil)

Bogans(3mil)

Hedo(6 mil [without extension])

For

Vince Carter(16 mil)

Yi JianLian(3 mil)

Marcus Williams (1 mil)

Nelson/Williams/J-Will

Carter/Lee/JJ

Lewis/Pietrus

Yi/Auggie/

Howard/Gortat/Foyle

That'd be maybe a little too nuts..But NJ would HAVE to love it, it clears 20 mil in cap by 2010...

quote:
He said the Nets and Brian Hill are pushing real hard for Keyon Dooling.

The Nets really can't go wrong with Dooling but Brian Hill cracks me up. He is NEVER happy with the current point guards he has on the roster.

quote:
Originally posted by magicfanejc42:

I am really starting to thnnk this rumor has ALOT to do with New Jersey, they have a few good PG's and a large number of PF's..if they are looking at Dooling, this is the perfect opportunity to get a 2 for 1 deal...

Dooling ( 3 yrs 12mil/ETO after 2)

Future Second

For

Marcus Williams

Josh Boone/Sean Williams

Or there could even be a HUGE trade (LOL,not really but)

Cook (3mil)

Battie(7mil)

Bogans(3mil)

Hedo(6 mil [without extension])

For

Vince Carter(16 mil)

Yi JianLian(3 mil)

Marcus Williams (1 mil)

Nelson/Williams/J-Will

Carter/Lee/JJ

Lewis/Pietrus

Yi/Auggie/

Howard/Gortat/Foyle

That'd be maybe a little too nuts..But NJ would HAVE to love it, it clears 20 mil in cap by 2010...

There is NO way in a million years that Rod Thorn would be stupid enough to do either of those deals. I bet Sony would temporarily ban you from their server if you suggested that trade on NBA LIVE 08.

Thanks for the info, junkie. Good stuff, as always. Do you think the story your source gave you about New Jersey could be the same story that Jambo is talking about?

quote:
Originally posted by allstarme:

Thanks for the info, junkie. Good stuff, as always. Do you think the story your source gave you about New Jersey could be the same story that Jambo is talking about?

I wish I could answer yes to that question but I can't because I honestly don't know.

I still don't understand why Jambo can't tell us. I mean we come up with hundreds of trade ideas on these boards daily. What's wrong with throwing another one out there? Here, it would be buried on a thread that already has 173 responses do you guys really think Otis and his co-workers are gonna be scanning this board? LOL!

Speaking of athletes and management possibly reading these boards, I asked my source that very question.

He said a few on them do, like J.J. Redick, but not a lot. I said what about Otis? He said, "are you kidding me"!? "Otis could care less what is said here".

It would be awesome if we can get Sean WIlliams though. But they ain't giving him up, I assume. One of the bigs we perhaps have a shot at is, Josh Boone.