Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Insider Info

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Maybe the "trade" is Lowry or Crittenton for Bogans and the "signing" is Jason Williams with the bi-annual LLE thingy for 3rd string/injury insurance?

I agree.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

I'd like it if the Magic made a deal for Lowry. But I'm hoping we trade most of these pieces for a big like Haslem/Wilcox/Collison/etc.

If memphis does a sign and trade, we can go bogans for lowry and a resigned for the minimum andre brown.

you all know about lowry but brown might have talent. the last 4 games of the season he got significant minutes and recorded these #s:

19pts 13 rebs in 32 minutes

16pts 4 rebs in 20 mins

13 points 18 rebs in 33 mins

4 points 11 rebs in 25 mins

he also seems to hit the offensive glass well.

In 2006, he led the D-league in scoring with 22.8 points per game, and was second in rebounding at 10.8 boards per game.

Jambo,

I think to earn cred you should reveal your inside info to one forumn member, who will stick it in escrow, and support you when/if the deal goes down. This way, others can't simply say you are stating the obvious, and will take credit for whatever happens.

Regarding Memphis as a trading partner,

Bogans, LMAO

Lowry, yes, I would be very happy

Andre Brown, he's flashed a little talent, primarily against Orlando. He's def better than Augustine. In fact, I could sign 20 players tomorrow better than Augustine.

quote:
Originally posted by ReeceGaines:

I really dont understand why otis is so against bringing back Arroyo

sure he's not as good as Jameer, but hes a better than average backup point guard who wont cost too much

is he a locker room cancer or something? it's a bit puzzling why otis is going through hoops to find a trade for some other team's backup point guard, when Arroyo is quite capable and right there for the plucking

i would say he is better than average backup, when you look at the backup pgs in this league

what's the deal?

The problem is that he is and can be better than jameer if he is given the go ahead by the coach and not be tied to his game plan all the time. He is capable of scoring 16-18 pts per game, his low average in international games. He just scored 21 coming off the plane against slovenia. Otis just doesnt like anything that will place in jeopardy his Howard-jameer Batman-Robin duo.LOL

I'm not so sure that it's Bogans for Lowry/Critt. If it's a sign and trade, like Jambo suggests, then it quite possibly involves us trading Keyon Dooling, the only player with which we have Bird Rights.

Look at this little nugget from NorthJersey.com.

quote:
A backup point guard remains a priority. The Nets may have nearly $2 million left in the midlevel exception, but it may not be enough for another target - Keyon Dooling. To create roster room, though, the Nets could try to make two-for-one, or three-for-two trades.

"There's going to be other moves made," said a person with knowledge of the Nets' thinking.

Marcus Williams, Sean Williams and Josh Boone and the expiring contracts of Keith Van Horn and Stromile Swift are assets the Nets can use. Restricted free agent Nenad Krstic also is a candidate for a sign-and-trade. His agent, Marc Cornstein, said there has been "a lot of talk" about Krstic, but nothing was close.

Maybe the deal hinges around a re-signed Dooling and M. Williams. This makes a lot of sense to me. Orlando picks up short contracts to avoid paying future luxury, and New Jersey gets a reported "target." Remember, the two teams have been playing together for the past week in Orlando playing summer league games, so the exec's have had plenty of time to talk.

quote:
Originally posted by allstarme:

I'm not so sure that it's Bogans for Lowry/Critt. If it's a sign and trade, like Jambo suggests, then it quite possibly involves us trading Keyon Dooling, the only player with which we have Bird Rights.

Look at this little nugget from NorthJersey.com.

quote:
A backup point guard remains a priority. The Nets may have nearly $2 million left in the midlevel exception, but it may not be enough for another target - Keyon Dooling. To create roster room, though, the Nets could try to make two-for-one, or three-for-two trades.

"There's going to be other moves made," said a person with knowledge of the Nets' thinking.

Marcus Williams, Sean Williams and Josh Boone and the expiring contracts of Keith Van Horn and Stromile Swift are assets the Nets can use. Restricted free agent Nenad Krstic also is a candidate for a sign-and-trade. His agent, Marc Cornstein, said there has been "a lot of talk" about Krstic, but nothing was close.

Maybe the deal hinges around a re-signed Dooling and M. Williams. This makes a lot of sense to me. Orlando picks up short contracts to avoid paying future luxury, and New Jersey gets a reported "target." Remember, the two teams have been playing together for the past week in Orlando playing summer league games, so the exec's have had plenty of time to talk.

If nothing else, this is some nice research, & logical! 2+2 may 4, but even if it equals 5 here, at least your hand writing is legible.

Here's something that works under the cap.

New Jersey trades Marcus Williams and Stromile Swift.

Orlando trades Brian Cook and a re-signed Keyon Dooling for $4mil/yr.

We know that Otis nearly acquired Swift a couple years ago, and now we would just be taking a one year flier on him. This trade could also be reworked to replace Brian Cook with Keith Bogans and re-sign Dooling for a little over $3mil/yr.

quote:

We know that Otis nearly acquired Swift a couple years ago, and now we would just be taking a one year flier on him. This trade could also be reworked to replace Brian Cook with Keith Bogans and re-sign Dooling for a little over $3mil/yr.

Guys you don't get it, the issue is that the magic don't have $3m to sign for a back up pg. If they have 3m available they will give that money to Dooling, but they don't. I'll keep mention A. Johnson because he still in the mix.

quote:
Originally posted by Rodriguez:

quote:

Guys you don't get it, the issue is that the magic don't have $3m to sign for a back up pg. If they have 3m available they will give that money to Dooling, but they don't. I'll keep mention A. Johnson because he still in the mix.

No, you don't get it. We have Keyon's Bird Rights, so we COULD sign him for the Max if we really wanted to. The issue is we don't want to pay him, not that we cant.

If the Magic were to S&T Keyon for, lets say, 3.5m, they would only be required to take on about 2.8m in contracts. 2.8m nets you Sean Williams and Marcus Williams. Pick up Marcus Williams's option for 2009/10, don't pick up Sean Williams's, and you've got a backup point guard for 2 years at about 1.7m a year.

Marcus Williams, however, still gives you another terrible defender at the point.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by Rodriguez:

quote:

No, you don't get it. We have Keyon's Bird Rights, so we COULD sign him for the Max if we really wanted to. The issue is we don't want to pay him, not that we cant.

If the Magic were to S&T Keyon for, lets say, 3.5m, they would only be required to take on about 2.8m in contracts. 2.8m nets you Sean Williams and Marcus Williams. Pick up Marcus Williams's option for 2009/10, don't pick up Sean Williams's, and you've got a backup point guard for 2 years at about 1.7m a year.

Marcus Williams, however, still gives you another terrible defender at the point.

You are right they can sign Dooling for 10M a seson if they want, but the issue here is that they don't want go over the luxury tax.