Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Insider Info

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

I'll echo a previous question, as it seemed to get lost in the shuffle:

Is this just the Magic's offer? Do we know if there has been active dialog with Memphis and whether they like the deal? What is the likelihood of this happening?

From what I was told, yes, the offer of Bogans for Critt is on the table. I don't know Memphis' reaction to the offer. Right now, the teams are posturing. The Magic realize that they might have to add a first to make it happen.

Thanks for all the info, but I actually don't get a thing.

Why was that a military secret until yesterday, and now is possible to post it on the forum?

What's changed?

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

Thanks for all the info, but I actually don't get a thing.

Why was that a military secret until yesterday, and now is possible to post it on the forum?

What's changed?

Simple. Junkie was given the green light to post it yesterday.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

It's wrong for me to assume that the green light is given when a trade is near to be completed, or near to fail?

What's the case right now?

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

It's wrong for me to assume that the green light is given when a trade is near to be completed, or near to fail?

What's the case right now?

No idea. Lo siento.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

i dont see the magic making a play for darko. that would mean otis is admitting he was wrong. i doubt he would ever do that...although that would be nice.

I don't get the logic behind your statement. Otis didn't get rid of Darko, he lost Darko in his pursuit of Rashard.

If anything, he saves face if he can bring Darko in an affordable way, since he's on record all over the place saying he didn't want to lose him to begin with.

otis had many months to extend darko before he became a RFA. if he did so, the cap hold would not have been in place, we wouldnt have had to RENOUNCE him to get shard...therefore we would have had shard and darko. sounds logical to me...

quote:

quote:

quote:

i dont see the magic making a play for darko. that would mean otis is admitting he was wrong. i doubt he would ever do that...although that would be nice.

I don't get the logic behind your statement. Otis didn't get rid of Darko, he lost Darko in his pursuit of Rashard.

If anything, he saves face if he can bring Darko in an affordable way, since he's on record all over the place saying he didn't want to lose him to begin with.

otis had many months to extend darko before he became a RFA. if he did so, the cap hold would not have been in place, we wouldnt have had to RENOUNCE him to get shard...therefore we would have had shard and darko. sounds logical to me...

Except that we would've had no CAP space with which to sign Rashard because Darko would've filled that space.

The real mistake were the signings of Bogans and Battie, but that's a whole other thread.

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan-Aussie Magic:

I think the very very very best we can hope for is Crittenton and Darko for Cook Bogans and a future 1st

Thats a trade not many could be upset with

then get our third string PG witht he Vets min in Johnson

it doesnt quite work under the CBA. if we could add in james augustine and that future 1st it would probably work.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Except that we would've had no CAP space with which to sign Rashard because Darko would've filled that space.

The real mistake were the signings of Bogans and Battie, but that's a whole other thread.

i still think rashard would have come for less money, but thats speculation at this point. we were still the most under the cap regardless of the darko situation last summer...

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan-Aussie Magic:

I think the very very very best we can hope for is Crittenton and Darko for Cook Bogans and a future 1st

Thats a trade not many could be upset with

then get our third string PG witht he Vets min in Johnson

it doesnt quite work under the CBA. if we could add in james augustine and that future 1st it would probably work.

it works with james.

We really need to start filling out the roster instead of thinning out our roster even more with 3 for 2 trades.